ODFL | The girl on the billboard

Beeman

TB Lurker
Credits
Well not exactly. But I did see a big billboard on a major interstate with an OD truck and logo advertising for team drivers. I've heard of 4 of them so far, anybody else seen their job advertised on a billboard?

So we're starting a big OTR type recruiting campaign now? Betcha the 70" double bunk Columbias are soon to follow!

DirtyRice said:
must be your local cable company because i dont see nuffin
Yes the commercials are only shown in specific regions. Probably where OD sees the potential use of commercials for growth

thinking of driving team in a single screw flat top gives me chills.. LOL..

I'll take my 'crappy' solo-home everyday-kiss the wife run any day.. haha!

Stopped in Harrisburg,PA, they said they have TV and radio commercials airing for drivers. They said they are short 20 drivers.

Gonna be a pain finding them in todays conditions. We had 6 guys start with us for P & D 3 weeks ago. So far 4 of them quit! You line haul guys should feel thankful for the crap we go through to deliver the treadmills and home deliveries you bring us.

Finding drivers is just a part of it, keeping the ones they have is also their challenge. Our terminal alone goes through more drivers a year than most terminals employ. With everyone hurting for drivers it's becoming very competitive. Truckload carriers are paying as much or more as OD especially for teams. Most LTL companies are paying more with a better benefit package. Wal-Mart is now in the process of taking over their own grocery deliveries to their stores which means they will be hiring a large quantity of drivers.
See Averitts posts about driver retention, they're in the same boat.

The ones I've seen lean more towards customer freight and the first one I saw kind of bothered me because I see the trucks everywhere and now they were invading my living room. All have been around 6pm Fox station (cst) during the news cast.

Myself and the other line drivers about dropped our jaws when we saw that ABF is hiring in phoenix at .53 cpm starting PAY!!.... We are all hoping that we get a decent raise... seems like a raise to 48 or so would still be lower that most LTL companies... but maybe a bit more compettitive..???

FlyByWire said:
Myself and the other line drivers about dropped our jaws when we saw that ABF is hiring in phoenix at .53 cpm starting PAY!!.... We are all hoping that we get a decent raise... seems like a raise to 48 or so would still be lower that most LTL companies... but maybe a bit more compettitive..???

It's a real eye opener to find out what other companies are paying? Many don't pay for health ins., most have 5 personal days, most have 3 years vacation after 5 years, many have a funded pension not just a 401K.

Beeman said:
Well not exactly. But I did see a big billboard on a major interstate with an OD truck and logo advertising for team drivers. I've heard of 4 of them so far, anybody else seen their job advertised on a billboard?
i have only seen one and it was on hwy 81 in tn.

I have seen there TV ads here locally. When the Furniture Market comes to High Point, NC in the spring and fall of the year. The have the add on the local fox station in the morning when the morning news is on. The furniture market here brings in about 100,000-200,000 buyers to the area.