Yellow | The great mystery. Greatest mystery of the 21st century. A trucking company with no trucks?

callboard lifer

TB Lurker
Credits
I counted the trucks up at the 135 terminal. Last Sunday we had 83 trucks on hand. 95 in the yard 12 guys at the hotel. Our pool number was 130 before the coo. We lost 14 drivers. Giving us the pool nomder 0f 116. We are missing aproaxamatley 33 trucks. Can I get some help. Get a good count. Satellites too. With the count of drivers. Thank you.

I counted the trucks up at the 135 terminal. Last Sunday we had 83 trucks on hand. 95 in the yard 12 guys at the hotel. Our pool number was 130 before the coo. We lost 14 drivers. Giving us the pool nomder 0f 116. We are missing aproaxamatley 33 trucks. Can I get some help. Get a good count. Satellites too. With the count of drivers. Thank you.
At New Penn if all the P&D drivers are working on a particular day there’s not enough trucks for everyone. When a truck breaks down which is daily due the age we are short. Never enough trailers, P&D drivers sit waiting for an empty their run to get loaded into.

They use plenty of cartage for P&D though.

Funny that every earnings report they say they took delivery of equipment and are scheduled to take more
But it regularly seems there is less and less equipment available to move the freight.

At New Penn if all the P&D drivers are working on a particular day there’s not enough trucks for everyone. When a truck breaks down which is daily due the age we are short. Never enough trailers, P&D drivers sit waiting for an empty their run to get loaded into.

Funny that every earnings report they say they took delivery of equipment and are scheduled to take more
But it regularly seems there is less and less equipment available to move the freight.

We have plenty of ‘dedicated’ local P&D trailers that remain in our ‘pool.’

Makes no sense that you have none.

Something must be amok in your district, to allow this failure.

Or, is that a NP thing?

Always coming to 104 to take emptys out. lots of empty non revenue producing miles daily across the country. and cartage is a cancer across the country that could be solved with higher wages for us. remember every bill cartage delivers they get a cut of the revenue for that bill.

Or, is that a NP thing?
Last year we were seeing some new trailers, this year it’s as if they have disappeared. If I wasn’t seeing it for myself and someone else said that P&D drivers wait hours to get loaded because they have no empties I would think they were BSing.

:shift:
utUwfUj.jpg

Or, is that a NP thing?

In the northeast they rot out and get scrapped faster they they can buy replacements..............

We seem to be getting several new 40ft liftgates. 9 in the last two years. Hyundai’s made in Mexico. Also quite a few Freightliner Columbia’s from Chicago downgraded to city tractors.

We seem to be getting several new 40ft liftgates. 9 in the last two years. Hyundai’s made in Mexico. Also quite a few Freightliner Columbia’s from Chicago downgraded to city tractors.

They’re nice, but keep eyes on those brittle leaf springs.

Yes, have already seen broken ones. Strange design. Great P&D trailer. Lots of e track along with a lightweight lift gate. Flat with no visible hinges to hang up on a pallet jack

yes. No long did we get enough trucks to do our jobs around the clock. Tge garage and the line haul manager shipped trucks to the. Satelites.

Or, is that a NP thing?
Well the problem is the management not protecting their equipment our their employees.

That's because the big pig is getting all the equipment

Well the problem is the management not protecting their equipment our their employees.

Let me be clear, our dedicated local fleet consists of outdated, well worn, 40’ smooth sides, slightly updated with added e-track and sometimes nonexistent wooden base runners and occasionally, aftermarket liftgates.

Let me be clear, our dedicated local fleet consists of outdated, well worn, 40’ smooth sides, slightly updated with added e-track and sometimes nonexistent wooden base runners and occasionally, aftermarket liftgates.
Those the old RDWY ones I see running around sometimes?

I know the Toronto terminal was gifted a brand new YRCF liftgate van from Buffalo. I usually see it hooked to an ancient Reimer Sterling doing P&D around Mississauga.

Those the old RDWY ones I see running around sometimes?

I know the Toronto terminal was gifted a brand new YRCF liftgate van from Buffalo. I usually see it hooked to an ancient Reimer Sterling doing P&D around Mississauga.

The 820 series with two axels were Yellow. The 5 digit 89 series were single axel Roadway.