TForce | The Holy Grail aka copy of the Indy contract

ericjones

TB Lurker
Credits
I have sitting in front of me the ENTIRE Indy contract, from top to bottom and side to side. Want to play 20 questions?

I just glanced through that contract, but was there any compensation rates for drivers. I saw the article for Paid for all time, but nothing stating rates of drops and hooks or anything.

My copy includes the missing articles.

The files I have of the contract are PDF, so unless I get this mastered, i will just have to e-mail upon request.

How do you know what is missing? Agin how many pages is it? There are 3 or 4 copies floating around.

I have the complete version of the contract, whereas the one you find on the internet has everything BUT articles 25 and 26, which are the articles that explain in detail benefits and wages. The only thing that I do not have, and nobody will aside from INDY employees, is the SPD (Summary Plan Description) that explains detailed coverage of the benefits package.

I just glanced through that contract, but was there any compensation rates for drivers. I saw the article for Paid for all time, but nothing stating rates of drops and hooks or anything.

All employees covered by this agreement shall be paid for all time spent in the service of the employer. Time shall be computed from the time an employee reports and is available until the time he is effectively cleared from duty. Road drivers will be paid on a mileage basis for miles driven and time incidental to the performance of driving duties, including, but not limited too, any rest breaks to which the employee may be entitled, pre-trip inspections, in-route breaks, in-route tire checks, logging, post trip inspection, vehicle condition report, traffic delays, arrival/dispatches, reporting of breakdown, reporting of accidents, tractor wash, check bay time, refer checks and pre-trip shop time. Except as otherwise specified in this agreement, all other time spent by a road driver on the clock shall be compensated at the local cartage wage rate for dockworker.

Does that answer a few question?

That is article 25 section 5 titled paid for time right?. And like I said before no where does it say we get delay pay. The closest thing to it is where it says "all other time spent on the clock" But like I said what stops them from tellng you that you are off duty for the next 2 hours? If the contract can devote 22 pages to drug testing then they can find room to put in there the term delay pay.

I have the complete version of the contract, whereas the one you find on the internet has everything BUT articles 25 and 26, which are the articles that explain in detail benefits and wages. The only thing that I do not have, and nobody will aside from INDY employees, is the SPD (Summary Plan Description) that explains detailed coverage of the benefits package.

there is some major disagreements on this at my barn, we haven't signed cards yet-had meeting with teamsters only, guys are saying benefits are worst than we have now, ???

All employees covered by this agreement shall be paid for all time spent in the service of the employer. Time shall be computed from the time an employee reports and is available until the time he is effectively cleared from duty. Road drivers will be paid on a mileage basis for miles driven and time incidental to the performance of driving duties, including, but not limited too, any rest breaks to which the employee may be entitled, pre-trip inspections, in-route breaks, in-route tire checks, logging, post trip inspection, vehicle condition report, traffic delays, arrival/dispatches, reporting of breakdown, reporting of accidents, tractor wash, check bay time, refer checks and pre-trip shop time. Except as otherwise specified in this agreement, all other time spent by a road driver on the clock shall be compensated at the local cartage wage rate for dockworker.

Does that answer a few question?

does this mean we'll no longer be docked 30 minutes for lunch, and get paid for it now?

That is article 25 section 5 titled paid for time right?. And like I said before no where does it say we get delay pay. The closest thing to it is where it says "all other time spent on the clock" But like I said what stops them from tellng you that you are off duty for the next 2 hours? If the contract can devote 22 pages to drug testing then they can find room to put in there the term delay pay.

So when it is your turn to voice your input to the BA and officers at YOUR local to strike a contract deal, DO IT! And quit pouting about it all over the boards, actions speak louder than words.

:hide:
does this mean we'll no longer be docked 30 minutes for lunch, and get paid for it now?

No, lunch is always docked. This is stating that when a road driver is on the clock, he will be paid based on what duties he is performing, If you are switching you get Jockey pay, If you are working the dock you get dock pay. This is not the delay pay that I am sure most expected. What I do find interesting is that the Service centers can set any amount of bids that they wish and only have to guarantee 90% of them 8 hours. Which means if a terminal has 30 drivers, they can offer 10 bids and only 9 are guaranteed 8 hours. How would this be an improvement? Also I see that there is nothing in the contract for Stewards regarding super seniority. So I guess everyone looking to be stewards have nothing to look forward too. Once again UPS has put Suckers on our forehead! :hide:

:hide:

No, lunch is always docked. This is stating that when a road driver is on the clock, he will be paid based on what duties he is performing, If you are switching you get Jockey pay, If you are working the dock you get dock pay. This is not the delay pay that I am sure most expected. What I do find interesting is that the Service centers can set any amount of bids that they wish and only have to guarantee 90% of them 8 hours. Which means if a terminal has 30 drivers, they can offer 10 bids and only 9 are guaranteed 8 hours. How would this be an improvement? Also I see that there is nothing in the contract for Stewards regarding super seniority. So I guess everyone looking to be stewards have nothing to look forward too. Once again UPS has put Suckers on our forehead! :hide:

what is super senority?