Yellow | The IBT & YRCW MOU On New Pilot Programs November 2018

YRC has an Atlanta to Chicago run- with e-logs?????

LClQAzG.jpg

Wong and I have done it in 10hr28min in the Gold....

Pilot Programs ??? oh yeah we all remember these dude's , Pilot Program of -15% from 10 yrs ago and the Pilot -15% program rewarded them all well too $$$$$
yrc-tools-linkfb.jpg

I really don't think you are going to see this program outside of high density urban areas, and even then only if there are many high income earners in the area. People are overestimating in their minds the value of this compared to the typical class A p&d. The bobtails provide much less floor space with a lower door hight. Driving forklifts into them it's usually out of the question.

They wanted this in an MOU for a reason....did they ask for any of your input? Just like everything else in the other MOUs....did they ask for your input? THEY wanted this for a reason!

They wanted this in an MOU for a reason....did they ask for any of your input? Just like everything else in the other MOUs....did they ask for your input? THEY wanted this for a reason!

Arguments as to whether this was democratic, or not, aside. I would like to point out that the math doesn’t seem to justify outrage. Interestingly, when comparing wages per square floor of cargo space I come up with almost identical wages if comparing the largest legal bobtail to a pup. When you take into account the shortcomings of a bobtail, and the fact that the average YRC P&D unit in operation is MUCH higher in square footage than a single pup you realize a bobtail isn’t cheaper. It isn't even close. But, check the math yourself.

Truck Side-By-Side Comparison Chart

Trailer Dimensions

Does anyone really want to work 70hours Monday to Saturday? Working 12hours a day plus your lunch time plus an average commute time of 30minutes each way is 67.5hours a week. Isn't that enough? For a company that talks safety, and that's all it is, they think working 70hrs is safe? Increase the pay to attract drivers. Treat them with respect as you want them to treat you and the customers. Equal work for equal pay. Put CDL required straight trucks in terminals that don't have them. Stop putting residential deliveries on long trailers.

Does anyone really want to work 70hours Monday to Saturday? Working 12hours a day plus your lunch time plus an average commute time of 30minutes each way is 67.5hours a week. Isn't that enough? For a company that talks safety, and that's all it is, they think working 70hrs is safe? Increase the pay to attract drivers. Treat them with respect as you want them to treat you and the customers. Equal work for equal pay. Put CDL required straight trucks in terminals that don't have them. Stop putting residential deliveries on long trailers.
Wong, cut the crap. 70 mph trucks aren't going to get the freight through the system any faster especially when hostlers book off or take forever do the hooks and we have have road drivers sitting waiting to get out because of that.

After working 60 or 70 hours & the boss wants you to work more, explain to him DOT Rule 392.3. Record the conversation to protect you from company lies. Be sure to copy or print out your time sheet or logs. Evidence is what wins your case. NOT he said, she said. By now, if you have a boss that likes to stretch or break the rules, you should have a large audio file to protect yourself. If your supervisor is told by his boss to lie, he will. He wants to protect his job, not yours.

Record the conversation to protect you from company lies. Be sure to copy or print out your time sheet or logs. Evidence is what wins your case. NOT he said, she said. By now, if you have a boss that likes to stretch or brake the rules, you should have a large audio file to protect yourself. If your supervisor is told by his boss to lie, he will. He wants to protect his job, not yours. von.

Last edited:
i dont understand this at all, non cdl positions..box truck, detroit? im out of detroit and all of our box trucks would require a cdl with air brakes endorsement, and likely a hazmat endorsement and/or tank endorsement depending on the freight in the box. im going to ask about this.

they cant give away our work to casuals that dont even have a cdl, likely destroying our equipment and our customers property.
I think, like in Chicago, all dock workers are non-cdl personnel.

Holland tractor, 62 mph,660 miles=11.0 hours driving. Bed at Dalton,GA. Out of drive time.

Coop Gold tractor, 69 mph, 717 miles, 10.40 hours driving. Uber driver, Stosh Patel picks us up @ terminal.
some Coop trucks will run- mostly Owner Ops. The average Coop truck couldn't average 61 over 600 miles if the Mafia was chasing them with Tommyguns blazing.