New Penn | The Ibt & Yrcw Mou On New Pilot Programs November 2018

Better non CDL teamsters than cartage and god bless anyone who works 70 hours. BUT..
This is a homerun for the company so why would the Union not hold off on it and use it at the negotiation table for the upcoming contract?

at our Trenton terminal this morning I saw message on board that said if city guys go over there 60 there computer automatically goes to 70 hours and resets over weekend for a fresh 70 or maybe 60 for Monday..anyhow there starting over again , Monday morning with a fresh set of hours...dont know if local agreed or not with this...local 641 in Trenton also Kearny and newburgh

Talk to your steward. He had to agree to it as well the local. Our tm told us buffalo and Pittsburgh are the only 2 locals that didn’t agree to it. I haven’t been here that long, but that is very disappointing to hear. I know our steward was against it. I’m just about out of here anyway. Our new supervisor is running everyone out of here.

Talk to your steward. He had to agree to it as well the local. Our tm told us buffalo and Pittsburgh are the only 2 locals that didn’t agree to it. I haven’t been here that long, but that is very disappointing to hear. I know our steward was against it. I’m just about out of here anyway. Our new supervisor is running everyone out of here.
I don’t know where your TM gets his info but he’s wrong, the 34 hour restart is voluntary by the driver not the steward or the terminal.

And the non CDL driver program is a 60 day Pilot program only available at South Kearny and Newburgh both are doing it and it’s completley voluntary by the dock guys after the local agreed to it. Which local 641 did.

I don’t know where your TM gets his info but he’s wrong, the 34 hour restart is voluntary by the driver not the steward or the terminal.

And the non CDL driver program is a 60 day Pilot program only available at South Kearny and Newburgh both are doing it and it’s completley voluntary by the dock guys after the local agreed to it. Which local 641 did.

I talked to our steward and he said to read the 2nd paragraph. Local unions can opt out of both programs.

hey keepingon, were are they getting the trucks for these non-cdl dock guys to drive?? what are they exactly, any idea?? they ought to get rid of them junk tractors your made to drive ..roadway rejects...and get you some up to date stuff...these non cdl guys...they delivering npme freight or this last mile of amazon crap there dreaming about...

hey keepingon, were are they getting the trucks for these non-cdl dock guys to drive?? what are they exactly, any idea?? they ought to get rid of them junk tractors your made to drive ..roadway rejects...and get you some up to date stuff...these non cdl guys...they delivering npme freight or this last mile of amazon crap there dreaming about...
Penske Rentals, straight trucks same as ours but don’t require a CDL due to the weight and no air brakes. The thinking is that if they keep the position after the pilot program they will buy or lease their own.
We had 2 dock guys take it and they love it. They deliver NPME freight the same as our straight job guys, smaller stuff and lift gate deliveries.

Don’t quote me but, Word is New Penn has an order of new tractors coming in and they We will be getting rid the old junk we have and We will be getting New Penn hand me downs as the new ones go to linehaul.