Estes | The "Loon" has retired..

See if he will let you run local 1or2 days a week p/t- they offered it to me but my health put me on the bench

Naw, I'm done with trucking my friend.. I don't need the headache of assuming I'm working a night or two or what.. If they would give me a schedule, and have me cover vacations, then that's different.. But he wants me to postpone leaving, and it ain't gonna happen... I've given 30 years to this industry, that's enough.. 27 of those years were accident free..

When you wake up in the morning and you don't know what day it is, thats retirement.

Most times I wake up, wonder where I am and why- then look out and see where I am. If I'm in Laramie, it's probably Tues morning.... :bouncy:

Ah;..... someday.... :LMAO:

When you wake up in the morning and you don't know what day it is, thats retirement.

That's just it Mud, I still have to run the business, so that keeps things grounded.. And they let me know what day it is, that's for sure...LOL

I want to take this time to thank everyone I have met along the way while at Estes. I want to thank the Estes family for all they have done for me in the past 14 years.

There comes a time in every person's life when they "know" when it's time. My time has come. Although Estes has went in different directions the past few years, I have to say, that it is their comapny and they should do what they feel is right. I have no anger or bad words for the the Estes community. I wish them, and all the employees of Estes the best of luck and Godspeed. I hope that you will pray for me and I will do the same for you folks. I can't express enough how much fun I have had at Estes. I consider all of you as a brother and a sister. I will continue, with the blessing of you guys, and stay in touch via TBs.. I wish all of you the best of luck and hope and pray that you guys continue to have as much fun as I have. I will continue to run my business here at home and probably stop by the barn and see old friends from time to time. You guys and gals take care and the Loon is going to start enjoying life a little.

To all of you, thank you for being friends and God Bless each and everyone of you.....

"My time is only the blink of an eye. But my friends I have met along life's journey will never fade from sight".---------Starkravinloon 8/15/2014

Good night and be safe out there....

Thank you all for your well-wishes on TB... Ya know, it's a weird society, when I worked around 10 people for 14 years at Estes, and not one said "Good Luck".. But the guys and gals I've been typing at this laptop for less years than that, come on here and wish me well, and not one of you have I met in person, but one... I guess the old saying "Eventually, you find out who your real friends are' stands true..... Thank again and you folks be safe out there...

Thank you all for your well-wishes on TB... Ya know, it's a weird society, when I worked around 10 people for 14 years at Estes, and not one said "Good Luck".. But the guys and gals I've been typing at this laptop for less years than that, come on here and wish me well, and not one of you have I met in person, but one... I guess the old saying "Eventually, you find out who your real friends are' stands true..... Thank again and you folks be safe out there...

This long time Roadway city driver will never forget how well he was treated by his fellow Yellow drivers after the merger. For the six months before I retired.

This long time Roadway city driver will never forget how well he was treated by his fellow Yellow drivers after the merger. For the six months before I retired.

I'm over it now Mud.. I'm just amazed how people can live several different lives... With me, it's what you see is what you get.. But some folks have to put on a different face every day..

I went through the same thing when i left my emplyer
Bro. 17 years working along side those guys and got two phone calls total from them. Oh well.

But on a positive note.......your 4.3 million safe driving miles is very impressive.
Congrats.

Loon I want to say that you my friend are about to start a new chapter in your life . I can say from my personal experience you will enjoy being retired . As you know I' m a retired Yellow guy and yes I did enjoy the decades I worked there but guess what ? I enjoy this life even more .I think you will agree with me that this is the way to go . Good luck my T/B buddy.:1036316054:

Last edited by a moderator:
I went through the same thing when i left my emplyer
Bro. 17 years working along side those guys and got two phone calls total from them. Oh well.

But on a positive note.......your 4.3 million safe driving miles is very impressive.
Congrats.
Hey Flash , could be they didn't agree with your opinions , LOL . Well a belated best of luck on your well earned retirement .:clapping:

Did you know there supposedly is no Hebrew word for retirement? No mention of anyone retiring in the Bible. Just something to ponder. Our work is never done!

Go get em, Loon! My Dad retired three times. Finally quit crawling under cars in his eighties, because his knee couldn't take it...

I'm going to be forced to retire if I keep getting speeding tickets. I'll never work again. I'll lay around the house and draw welfare. I'll get food stamps, free health care, free liquor with my ebt card. When I get fat from eating all the junk from the food stamps, I'll get more money from the gubmnt. Free cell phone, rent money. I'll even get a free wheel chair with a rocker on my tag saying I can park my sorry ass anywhere. I'll put Obama stickers all over my wheel chair and I'll have a custom chrome beer holder installed on that thang. I'll live like the biggest democrat in U.S. history at y'all hard workers expense. Just make sure y'all keep your health good and your drivers license clean so my sorry ass can benefit from your tax dollars. :couch: