Holland | The new deal vote

guarantee WHAT ????

I have been accused of not having good comprehending skills but a yes vote would guarantee you keep on trucking and a no vote means no more trucking at YRC. Am I correct? There is no in between. Or are they bluffing and you're willing to call the bluff? I am assuming the vote is only a pension deferrall for 14 months. Any more of a pay cut then they are beyond the point of no return and I would have to agree with you
How soon people forget, remember the contract propaganda? Save jobs, create jobs? Don’t worry about that utility thing? or the part time casual thing? And all the rest.
They closed 27 usf terminals a couple days before the vote was counted. Then came the save jobs crap
Again during the rushed pay cut vote, that was just two months after yrc put out a news release in October saying they have plenty of money and could weather the storm. How many thousands of jobs vanished after that? I know the economy sucks but get real here, save whose job???

Again I ask, have you read the Teamsters constitution?

Sure the people that bought out USF corp have run it into the ground. I also remember that I asked for the job at Holland. They did not call me out the of the kindness of their heart. If they ask for a cut in pay or pension contributions so be it. I hope that we will prevail. If it means a cut in the short term to kill off one of our competitors I am all for it.

So Teamster Brother I still will go with a yes vote. I am not going to give up The "kool-aid" quite yet. You can always PM me and I will meet you for a drink. Not much going on otherwise.

Again I ask, have you read the Teamsters constitution?

Sure the people that bought out USF corp have run it into the ground. I also remember that I asked for the job at Holland. They did not call me out the of the kindness of their heart. If they ask for a cut in pay or pension contributions so be it. I hope that we will prevail. If it means a cut in the short term to kill off one of our competitors I am all for it.

So Teamster Brother I still will go with a yes vote. I am not going to give up The "kool-aid" quite yet. You can always PM me and I will meet you for a drink. Not much going on otherwise.

A WELL thought out post and welcome to the boards. :clap:

I work for a non union company and make way more than $60,000 a year...There will be other jobs available if YRC decides to close their doors on a no vote. YRC has 25% of the LTL freight out there and there is not 1 company that could handle that amount of volume!!!!! Everyone could possibly be hired at another company:shift:...I know that sucks, but, OD, Estes, FedEx and the other LTL companies pay very well. I have friends that work for the YRC and I would hate to see them lose their jobs, but I would try my damndest to get them on the road again!!!:clap:

I can tell you from experience that if YRC goes under you won't make that kind of money any place else. I'm laid off from USF Holland and I'm currently driving for a non union company. I am paid a percentage of what the load pays the truck. It's no where near what I made at USF Holland. I ONLY make money when the truck is full and rolling down the road. Not only was I broken down for over 3 days, living in a truck, but I had to pay for the repair myself! Then I waited for over a day to get another load.

You guys are SPOILED!!! You need to get back out and work for a non union again. You will be begging YRC for your job back.

I'll bet that the yes vote will win. Even with another 5% you will at least have a job and a darned good one at that!

So, stop :17: and pull your head out of your :eck13: and vote yes so you can :shift: and quit talking ::shit::.

If you don't want your job I'll gladly take it :clap:
I work for a non union company and make way more than $60,000 a year...There will be other jobs available if YRC decides to close their doors on a no <INPUT type=hidden name=IL_MARKER>vote. YRC has 25% of the LTL freight out there and there is not 1 company that could handle that amount of volume!!!!! Everyone could possibly be hired at another company:shift:...I know that sucks, but, OD, Estes, FedEx and the other LTL companies pay very well. I have friends that work for the YRC and I would hate to see them lose their jobs, but I would try my damndest to get them on the road again!!!:clap:

YRC has 25% of the LTL freight out there and there is not 1 company that could handle that amount of volume!!!!!
You are correct. Not 1 company could handle that amount of volume. But, where you are not correct is that one company doesn't need to handle that amount of freight. The competition will divide it up between them and never skip a beat.
Everyone could possibly be hired at another company
Wishful thinking. All of the competition have freight capacity available. They will call their drivers back off lay-off status, and very few of us will get hired.

well if yrcw lost 258 million the last quarter (3 months) then how will they keep things going when you take this cut because they will only be saving 40 million in the next 5 months I just dont know but it just dont add up to me because if they loose another lets say 220 million and they save 40 million they still lost 180 million ?

In my opinion, a yes vote for further concessions will only result in lowering the industry standards for pay and benefits before the doors are closed. If you vote yes, you are telling these other companies that you are willing to work for any amount to keep a job. We were all told on the last concession that a no vote would ensure the doors would close and a yes vote for the 10% would save the company. What was the result of that situation? The easy thing is to vote yes. The hard thing will be to vote no because that action will require effort. Effort in finding a job. Effort in organizing at new companies. Effort in demanding quality leadership from your Union. Effort in actually being a Teamster Brother or Sister. Most importantly, none of you will be able to sit back and lackadaisically **** away what others before you fought and died for because you are simply scared or lazy. Where has the honor and pride gone? Perhaps in the Harley or the $250k house? Are we sheep or are we Teamsters? The vote will tell the truth?

well if yrcw lost 258 million the last quarter (3 months) then how will they keep things going when you take this cut because they will only be saving 40 million in the next 5 months I just dont know but it just dont add up to me because if they loose another lets say 220 million and they save 40 million they still lost 180 million ?

Don't ask us we can't see the big picture either.

In my opinion, a yes vote for further concessions will only result in lowering the industry standards for pay and benefits before the doors are closed. If you vote yes, you are telling these other companies that you are willing to work for any amount to keep a job. We were all told on the last concession that a no vote would ensure the doors would close and a yes vote for the 10% would save the company. What was the result of that situation? The easy thing is to vote yes. The hard thing will be to vote no because that action will require effort. Effort in finding a job. Effort in organizing at new companies. Effort in demanding quality leadership from your Union. Effort in actually being a Teamster Brother or Sister. Most importantly, none of you will be able to sit back and lackadaisically **** away what others before you fought and died for because you are simply scared or lazy. Where has the honor and pride gone? Perhaps in the Harley or the $250k house? Are we sheep or are we Teamsters? The vote will tell the truth?

My biggest problem with the whole thing is the same clowns are running the circus!

They will save approximately $40,000,000 per month by not paying into the pension fund. 35,000 Teamsters times 20 days per month times $56 per day per man. It comes out at $39,200,000.

I don't see anyone seeing the obvious. If YRC doesn't pay into the pension funds, specifically Central States, for the next 18 months, it will go into government control. Then your beloved pension will be just about worthless. You remember that pension. The one that I have watched you support for fifteen years as we took sub cost of living raises while this company grew at 3 times the cost of living rate. You are kidding yourselves, if you think that a 5% wage cut will offset the 250+ million dollar a quarter bleeding (almost 2 BILLION dollars in the last 2 years). What this company needs is an management philosophy change. Anyone here think that that is going to happen? PLEASE see this for what it is... a management cash grab. And by the way, those of you who have been crying for equal giveback for management and $1 a year salaries for Zollars, why are you not screaming at the top of your lungs for the people who have a fiduciary (financial) responsibility to represent you, yet they are selling you the companies wage concessions, to take 15% wage cuts and pension freezes??? Remember, you put them in office and you can remove them. Don't kid yourself, pension freezes and reductions are going to be rolled out next (for the funds that survive). Brought to you by those who are doing everything they can to convince you of this plan. How many of you can afford those? If you vote yes, and are in Central States, in my opinion you are voting your pension fund into the hands of the government.

I don't see anyone seeing the obvious. If YRC doesn't pay into the pension funds, specifically Central States, for the next 18 months, it will go into government control. Then your beloved pension will be just about worthless. You remember that pension. The one that I have watched you support for fifteen years as we took sub cost of living raises while this company grew at 3 times the cost of living rate. You are kidding yourselves, if you think that a 5% wage cut will offset the 250+ million dollar a quarter bleeding (almost 2 BILLION dollars in the last 2 years). What this company needs is an management philosophy change. Anyone here think that that is going to happen? PLEASE see this for what it is... a management cash grab. And by the way, those of you who have been crying for equal giveback for management and $1 a year salaries for Zollars, why are you not screaming at the top of your lungs for the people who have a fiduciary (financial) responsibility to represent you, yet they are selling you the companies wage concessions, to take 15% wage cuts and pension freezes??? Remember, you put them in office and you can remove them. Don't kid yourself, pension freezes and reductions are going to be rolled out next (for the funds that survive). Brought to you by those who are doing everything they can to convince you of this plan. How many of you can afford those? If you vote yes, and are in Central States, in my opinion you are voting your pension fund into the hands of the government.
Either way, we lose.

Aside from the bonuses, Dollar Bill made over $5 million last year. So, let's say he make the same wages without a raise this year and no bonus. However, out of the goodness of his heart he also gives back 15%. Then he would make approximately $4.675 million. Based on a 40 hour week with a 15% giveback we would make about $40,660 this year. So, ole' Dollar Bill will make at least 100 times more than us. Where is the justice in that? I don't see this as equal sharing. So, I vote no. Just remember YRC needs us more than we need them. Also, I want someone to show me any company that was under the master freight agreement that gaveback 15% and is still in business. There are none. And there is no way that anyone can prove to me that there will be one in the future. I just don't see how it can happen. Enough is enough. Let us get on with our lives. Dollar Bill and his cronies can close the doors, take our money and answer to God for what they have done.

why should holland drivers take a cut when they are not losing the money i voted no last time and will vote no again because you will still have zollars in charge bad managment cant be helped with more of my money

Aside from the bonuses, Dollar Bill made over $5 million last year. So, let's say he make the same wages without a raise this year and no bonus. However, out of the goodness of his heart he also gives back 15%. Then he would make approximately $4.675 million. Based on a 40 hour week with a 15% giveback we would make about $40,660 this year. So, ole' Dollar Bill will make at least 100 times more than us. Where is the justice in that? I don't see this as equal sharing. So, I vote no. Just remember YRC needs us more than we need them. Also, I want someone to show me any company that was under the master freight agreement that gaveback 15% and is still in business. There are none. And there is no way that anyone can prove to me that there will be one in the future. I just don't see how it can happen. Enough is enough. Let us get on with our lives. Dollar Bill and his cronies can close the doors, take our money and answer to God for what they have done.
no one has made it that i know of. starting with one of the first to do it back in the 80's one of the first i know of to it was mason/dixon or ryder/pie and they may have been someone first before them. to far back for me.but i don't any of the big carries to make may be some smaller one's that did. :Off-Topic: iknow

There is no guarantee either way. but the yes vote ensured your loss of 6000 per year. By the way they suckered me into the yes vote last time. I learned my lesson not to trust them again. If we had an honest disclosure of the terms then maybe I could vote yes but both sides have proven to me that honesty is not their policy. Send Dollar bill and Jimmy a message &quot;we are the union and we will decide how this company can survive and lying to the members will not be put up with anymore.&quot;

Sarcastic, I agree with your logic and this new piece of crap give back plan, if PASSED, will only strenghten YRC monetarily so in 18 months from passage YRC can go NON UNION and screw us all over. YRC's Zollars is hell bent on breaking away from the Teamsters and we all should know that by now. Zollars is a snake that would have done it sooner if he was able. Due to the present bad economy, Zollar now has his best shot. I am voting NO and Yrc can rot in hell. :TR10driving03::Flame-On: