Holland | The new deal vote

We gave 15% at ANR for many years,from late 80s untill 98 when the drivers struck and company pulled plug. Only difference was the oil company that owned us was filthy rich and the years allowed many of us to stick it out and get our pensions as they were never cut.

I can tell you from experience that if YRC goes under you won't make that kind of money any place else. I'm laid off from USF Holland and I'm currently driving for a non union company. I am paid a percentage of what the load pays the truck. It's no where near what I made at USF Holland. I ONLY make money when the truck is full and rolling down the road. Not only was I broken down for over 3 days, living in a truck, but I had to pay for the repair myself! Then I waited for over a day to get another load.

You guys are SPOILED!!! You need to get back out and work for a non union again. You will be begging YRC for your job back.

I'll bet that the yes vote will win. Even with another 5% you will at least have a job and a darned good one at that!

So, stop :17: and pull your head out of your :eck13: and vote yes so you can :shift: and quit talking ::shit::.

If you don't want your job I'll gladly take it :clap:
Nicely said!! You are exactly right!!! Amazing ain't it? A lot of these folks have never had to do what You are doing, and don't know anything but a Nice Union Job. Been there and done that, what You are having to do. Wish You the Best, and Hope You are back real soon!!!:clap:

Start your own trucking company. maybe with your expertise in running a business you will make more money without Holland. Then someday an employee of yours will be sticking it to you. How i love to read how there are so many "victims" of this mess. Your laid off. Are we guaranted employment for life?

Start your own trucking company. Show me how to run a company. Hire a bunch of whining Teamsters at full scale and benefits in this economy. See how long your adventure will last.

i'll be voting yes. i never got into trucking for the money. It was more of a prestige thing. LOL

Good luck sticking it to the company one last time as you stick it to the rest of us Holland employees. Part of the reason this company is failing is the attitude that we're getting screwed. Then leave. You have free will. Excercise it. Find something else to do.
Nicely said!!:clap:

what's amazing is you people are so easily ready to give more, man, when's enough, you would probably work for nothing as long as you get to drive around in a holland truck.:clap:

what's amazing is you people are so easily ready to give more, man, when's enough, you would probably work for nothing as long as you get to drive around in a holland truck.:clap:

You will give one way or the other. You either vote yes and take another 5% pay cut, or you vote no and take a 100% pay cut and go look for another job when they close the doors.

Just my opinion...

Not !

not me man, forget it.

I worked 27 years for ANR Freight when they were bought out by an oil company that put us on a 15% dip from the start. They survived another 12-15 years after that. Only difference is that they kept paying our pension which allowed many of us to retire after several years. Your situation is different but 15% dip is a lot better pay than most still make,pension is the main hang up with your situation. Best of luck to all of you through these dark times. Been there,done that.

I can tell you from experience that if YRC goes under you won't make that kind of money any place else. I'm laid off from USF Holland and I'm currently driving for a non union company. I am paid a percentage of what the load pays the truck. It's no where near what I made at USF Holland. I ONLY make money when the truck is full and rolling down the road. Not only was I broken down for over 3 days, living in a truck, but I had to pay for the repair myself! Then I waited for over a day to get another load.

You guys are SPOILED!!! You need to get back out and work for a non union again. You will be begging YRC for your job back.

I'll bet that the yes vote will win. Even with another 5% you will at least have a job and a darned good one at that!

So, stop :17: and pull your head out of your :eck13: and vote yes so you can :shift: and quit talking ::shit::.

If you don't want your job I'll gladly take it :clap:
Sorry you werent able to get a GOOD job. I can tell you, from experience, Conway, Saia, Estes, and FedEx, ALL start new hires at a higher wage than union wages, and ALL top out at higher wages than union wages. Any idiot willing to keep taking cuts from this company, thinking that its still better pay than anything else, doesnt have a clue to what they are talking about.

I will vote no, I have done this before, and it is never good. I don't see how this company can stay in business the way it is operated, and it is at all the terminals, they can't be equal at their fault, it has to come from up top. Zollar's doesn't want this company to survive, if he did, he would keep his mouth out of the media, and at least wait to publish giving our work to non-union carriers, and giving raises to non-union workers before the vote is cast, just another example of his personality, and his determination to close a once great company. I worked at ANR, and watched the same thing happen, they slowly liquidate until all of its assets are gone (they are done with that), borrow money until it is gone, and can't borrow anymore (they are done with that), then show the books to the union, the union asks the members to help, and they do (done with that), only to say at the end we did everything we could to save this company, but we failed, and then they close the doors, open up under another name, and life goes on, the government does nothing, and we are told to prove it(not done yet). It isn't as hard as people think to show a loss, I watched ANR wash a truck, and then claim it on the taxes as they painted the truck. Estes supposedly bought Hollands terminals with a buy back option, what company in their right mind would invest in property, maybe one that can get a tax write off, and they are sure to sell it back in awhile, were did the 200 million go. These are question that nobody can or will answer. YRC owes 36 million for the china based trucking company, when are they paying that and with what, oh maybe the 200 million, or maybe the money that was supposed to paid into our pension, again prove it. I bet if somebody actually sat down, and looked really hard they could find it, but the question is does anybody really care!

I will vote no, I have done this before, and it is never good. I don't see how this company can stay in business the way it is operated, and it is at all the terminals, they can't be equal at their fault, it has to come from up top. Zollar's doesn't want this company to survive, if he did, he would keep his mouth out of the media, and at least wait to publish giving our work to non-union carriers, and giving raises to non-union workers before the vote is cast, just another example of his personality, and his determination to close a once great company. I worked at ANR, and watched the same thing happen, they slowly liquidate until all of its assets are gone (they are done with that), borrow money until it is gone, and can't borrow anymore (they are done with that), then show the books to the union, the union asks the members to help, and they do (done with that), only to say at the end we did everything we could to save this company, but we failed, and then they close the doors, open up under another name, and life goes on, the government does nothing, and we are told to prove it(not done yet). It isn't as hard as people think to show a loss, I watched ANR wash a truck, and then claim it on the taxes as they painted the truck. Estes supposedly bought Hollands terminals with a buy back option, what company in their right mind would invest in property, maybe one that can get a tax write off, and they are sure to sell it back in awhile, were did the 200 million go. These are question that nobody can or will answer. YRC owes 36 million for the china based trucking company, when are they paying that and with what, oh maybe the 200 million, or maybe the money that was supposed to paid into our pension, again prove it. I bet if somebody actually sat down, and looked really hard they could find it, but the question is does anybody really care!

That was a pretty good post. The question I have is... Who are you and are you even eligible to cast a vote? Do you work for a Union company? Cant tell by your profile so I will assume you're just stirring up shiot.

That was a pretty good post. The question I have is... Who are you and are you even eligible to cast a vote? Do you work for a Union company? Cant tell by your profile so I will assume you're just stirring up shiot.

obviously if I can vote I am union, (or soon to be non-union paying dues) sorry I didn't fill in my profile, I work for Holland, I try not to stir shiot, but lately the shiot is being stirred for all of us!

obviously if I can vote I am union, (or soon to be non-union paying dues) sorry I didn't fill in my profile, I work for Holland, I try not to stir shiot, but lately the shiot is being stirred for all of us!
Any one can say thy're voting but the profile is usually a dead give-away of someone stirring the pot. I dont care i've been smokin pot all day and stirring a pot of chili tonight! Screw it i'm done. I quit!!!!!!! Shoe

Any one can say thy're voting but the profile is usually a dead give-away of someone stirring the pot. I dont care i've been smokin pot all day and stirring a pot of chili tonight! Screw it i'm done. I quit!!!!!!! Shoe

enjoy eating that chili, if you have doing that all day your going to need it, I didn't thing the profile was that important, I will have to figure out how to fill it in. enjoy!!

I didn't thing the profile was that important, I will have to figure out how to fill it in.

1. First, click on: User CP (top left corner of any page)
2. Second, click on: Edit Your Details
3. Third, select and enter what info you decide to share.
4. Fourth, click the Save Changes box.

Sorry you werent able to get a GOOD job. I can tell you, from experience, Conway, Saia, Estes, and FedEx, ALL start new hires at a higher wage than union wages, and ALL top out at higher wages than union wages. Any idiot willing to keep taking cuts from this company, thinking that its still better pay than anything else, doesnt have a clue to what they are talking about.
Is this all You look at, about a Job, is the Pay? Not Me Brother. Yeah. Go and work at one of Them Companies You Mentioned, You know, and Be sure You do everything the so call "Boss'es" (Hundred's) Dispatchers, Terminal Managers, and Everybody Else that are not Drivers tell You to do, and talk to ya like your 18, instead of a Grown Man, and get into a Pissing Match with One of em, and get Fired! Me, I'll stay here as long as I can, and when I go to work, I'll do my Job, and when I get treated Unfairly and get Fired, I'll have my Union there for Me. Alot more things about being where We are at besides Wages. Yeah, I hate it too! I don't have to tell You, You know all what we get paid for, and You know what all of the other companies You mentioned get paid for! And You think they make more than Us in the Long Run?? I don't think So!!!!!! And who's the Idiot?????

daves not here

Oh lordy!!! Its one of those reefer heads!!! Hide the silverware!!! Me too shoe, break out the bong man!! Screw yrc.

pissing match

Is this all You look at, about a Job, is the Pay? Not Me Brother. Yeah. Go and work at one of Them Companies You Mentioned, You know, and Be sure You do everything the so call "Boss'es" (Hundred's) Dispatchers, Terminal Managers, and Everybody Else that are not Drivers tell You to do, and talk to ya like your 18, instead of a Grown Man, and get into a Pissing Match with One of em, and get Fired! Me, I'll stay here as long as I can, and when I go to work, I'll do my Job, and when I get treated Unfairly and get Fired, I'll have my Union there for Me. Alot more things about being where We are at besides Wages. Yeah, I hate it too! I don't have to tell You, You know all what we get paid for, and You know what all of the other companies You mentioned get paid for! And You think they make more than Us in the Long Run?? I don't think So!!!!!! And who's the Idiot?????
I guess your going to have to straighten out your act if you end up at a non union when yrc sinks. that sucks, I WONT DO IT !!!! im voting yes now.

Was he talking about me?????
:biglaugh:

Was he talking about me?????
:biglaugh: