The New Teamster Video and "Real" Audio Clip

Richard Beers

TB Lurker
Credits
My comments and thoughts while viewing the new "vote union" video, listen to the video and read along
(A lot of text I know, but this is what I'm gathering from listening to the video and trying to really think about what's going, take your time too)

Man this guy has a nice earring 0:20
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of these things you are saying are also federally mandated 0:46
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A "ceo pay is approximately 272 times higher than the average American worker."
out of all the things I've heard from the pro-union people, none of them have mentioned
cutting the ceo's paycheck 1:05

So despite YRC being unionized, the union has not been able to curb management

"There are factors impeding our momentum... As one of the last union LTL carriers."

"Not one time did he state that YRC's troubles were do to the Teamsters"

-What he did state was that there were a number of impediments for YRC. Prior management was bad, which the union was not able to do anything about. (So all those promises of sticking it to management don't really mean much. If management is even a problem to begin with)
-And now they're in deep ummm.... "doodoo"
-But do you what's not making YRC trying to claw it's way out of the pit any easier? The union fighting YRC when they try to make spending cuts.
-Note that this is the "good management" so what they're cutting is logically necessary. Why does the union fight it then? Perhaps because it'll mean less money for the union? I dunno, your guess is as good as mine 2:18- 4:30
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Average teamster vs non-union driver"
-Ok, so the teamster per hour pay might be higher than a non union driver. But think about it. You are guaranteed 40 hours, that's it. That could very well be all you're going to work. No overtime pay. So while a teamster's 40 hours is more than a non-union 40 hours, most non union drivers work more than that right?
-So in actuality, a non-union driver could make far more money. 4:49-5:50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That statement is illegal"
-Oh come on, I mean really? What he stated is true, the contract would be redone. And yes, hate to break it to ya, but you would be starting from scratch. He's not trying to bully or scare you, he's stating how it works. Don't take sound clips and twist his words to your benefit. Sure you would have federally mandated necessities , but anything else that you currently have would be wiped clean. 5:00-5:55
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That was a little creepy"
-Yes, you may have not knocked on a door or pressured anyone into signing a card Mr. Union-Rep-Dude. But does it really make any sense for Jerry to lie about this worker when it can be so easily fact checked? Maybe there was an overzealous rep, who knows. At least it's nice
to know that even if someone feels creeped out by a union rep, a driver can call the "union boss" and have it settled. There's some decency left then. 5:55-7:20

At 7:27 and 7:29, there are jumps in the audio signifying that this was edited and clipped together. Play with a sound recorder on your computer, you'll hear the same effect. This means the "facts" quotes, and the "It's not about you" quote are not sequential in time.

"It's not about you." Once you become part of the union, you are no longer an individual working for a company, you are now legally part of a group. If you don't follow this group's rules, you can be fined or punished. Drivers aren't guaranteed any new rights when they join a union. They are "promised" new perks for the job. These perks are not always what they seem to be either 7:29-7:58

I'd like to see where you got the police report from. 8:00-8:25

"NCT doesn't believe you shouldn't be rewarded for your service."
-If NCT actually believed this, no one would be getting paid what they are. You're bias is showing 8:55

"New guy on the block"
-there is another jump in the track, signifying that the track has been altered, "It can't happen" isn't part of the preceding sentence. 8:58

You cut off and spliced Jerry's answer. What you're claiming he said isn't the whole truth 9:12-10:25

"That's why I asked if you would volunteer the information for '10'11'12"
1.) based on that audio clip, I have no idea what the "information" is
2.) once again, you cut off jerry's answer before he went on to explain himself
10:20

"So we financed it" That doesn't even remotely sound like the other audio, no way is that part of the original sound clip. 10:25

"We didn't take money from you"
-Well actually, since you're "being paid very well".... guess where that money comes from? the driver's paycheck Does that mean I need to support another ceo with my hard earned cash? Moreover, that whole clip you're basing the "bonuses" off of has been edited and clipped, how am I supposed to get any information out of it?????? 11:17

"It comes down to these facts"
-There has been no proof that management has lied about anything. Your edited sounds clips make it hard for me
to believe what jerry is "saying" it's a mishmash of different phrases strewn together
12:25 +

Think on it. Big decision tomorrow.

http://www.truckingboards.com/forum...tation/99948-supposed-hoovers-d-b-report.html

Last edited by a moderator:
If they stood 2 feet in front of you and told u the sky is blue you would still say its light blue and the union can't help u.
Can u just go the hell away. ? Your completely clueless and annoyingly stupid .

ok....i listened to the tape---clarity ? really? splicing tape, editing...i tried really hard to verify, but heres what i do know----5% taken--said you will get back !! 6 years later--nada---there no confusion, fuzzyness, splicing or editing....and i didnt even need a timeline...THANK YOU

Why do I need your play by play and color commentary on the video tape ?
We can all watch it and draw are on conclusion on the video. Thanks for the play by play but what a waste of time
That was. Lol still shaking my head... Why don't you try and get a girlfriend to occupy some of that free time you have?

Wow Beers you have a lot of free time
I did this instead of watching my favorite soap

Dear Reader,

All of these negative posts are the result of someone asking real questions and trying to logically think through what's happening to the company. Those that represent the union try to shut me up and discredit me. I don't make myself into a martyr or try shout people down. I want to know the truth and really gain an understanding of what's going on. Take it as you will. You're all smart and can see what's going on. I'm always open to debate and talk and to explain my view on things, unlike others it seems. Hell, message me if you want to keep it private. But before you vote on this big decision, take a moment and think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Troll Alert ! Yes ? How about the true alert .. Like , Maybe some overtime or better a pay increase , going seven years ... Or better a real leader at the place ... You know BINGO !!! The dock is out of control . Thats right they don't have a Union ! You would think they would come out and start talking to the drivers seeing how, maybe to fix the problem.. Richard Beers, you sir are a joke , just like the vote 94 to 94 .