SAIA | the new volvo tandems

Dracula

TB Veteran
Credits
I've got one assigned to my route. At first, it was odd not to have a clutch but it doesn't take long to adjust to dropping it into "D" and letting it go. It's got a nice ride, power windows and Volvo space, not that international crampiness.

On the bad side, these trucks do not accelerate or brake well. The radar suite can get you into trouble. If a car darts from another lane, the radar will read that there is a problem and hit the brakes for you. Not good for the usual tailgater. Also, the radar will read that the space gap, to something in front, is closing and it will adjust your speed to the other vehicle and to have the radar unit playing with your speed makes you a problem child in conjested traffic.

But overall, I like it.

Are the speed adjustments only on cruise as they have been? I only use cruise if i need to scratch or dropped something anyway.

read the manuel for the transmission it will explain how to use some of the settings to make it easier also check the rear wheel seals we have one with 1500 miles on it slinging grease out of the left rear wheel inside

I think the speed adjustments occur whether you are in cruise or not. Unlike the passenger side seatbelt, the driver side belt is wired. If you have an itch or just want to move around, the second you unhook the belt it knows and starts griping at you.

I would like to have a look at the operating manual but its not in the truck.

We have some with the full autos in my companys fleet. The guys said it knows how heavy and will skip gears when you are empty.
Like driving a sports car LOL

look for a navy blue cloth bag looks kinda like a purse it has all the books in it the operator Manuel is also online i will post the link there needs to be some training done on these transmissions especially for the city drivers for instance you cannot hold the truck in place with the accelerator pedal you must use the brake the truck does not have a torque converter it still has a clutch but no pedal if you hold it in place with the accelerator the clutch will get hot if you use the brake it will disengage the clutch it also has a hillside pullout assist feature that holds the brakes until you push the accelerator when pulling out on a hill and a separate cruise control for the engine break

I found the blue bag, someone had taken the manual.
I don't know if this is a problem, but with the transmission selector attached to the driver's seat and with a little squirming, you can shift the tranny from DRIVE into MANUAL and not even know it.
Thank you for the link.

My everyone else get one before I do !! Ill give my international to any willing takers just give me my 07 Volvo back with the ten speed and 1.2million miles

look for a navy blue cloth bag looks kinda like a purse it has all the books in it the operator Manuel is also online i will post the link there needs to be some training done on these transmissions especially for the city drivers for instance you cannot hold the truck in place with the accelerator pedal you must use the brake the truck does not have a torque converter it still has a clutch but no pedal if you hold it in place with the accelerator the clutch will get hot if you use the brake it will disengage the clutch it also has a hillside pullout assist feature that holds the brakes until you push the accelerator when pulling out on a hill and a separate cruise control for the engine break

Sounds like the auto transmission in my Ford car that has a twin clutch, and the auto brake to prevent roll back. Car was in the shop for 4 weeks waiting transmission for parts.