Central Transport | The next day.

Guardrail

TB Legend
Credits
Having been employed at two different companies during a buyout and merge/takeover I can tell you it does pass.

I was at Chris when Vitran bought them. I left shortly after. It was the end of an 8 year profitable run.

I was also at FedEx National when they merged with Freight. I went from #1 extra board, working days, to #28 extra board, working nights. I didn't stay very long.

Each time I had to evaluate whether I wanted to stay and compromise to what the job had become or find something else and leave. Both times I left. Was it all roses? No, but you adjust and sacrifice until you get back on your feet.

One thing I can tell you, there isn't much difference between any of these companies out here. Pay and the sign on the door, the rest stays the same. I'm still driving a truck pulling 2 trailers. I'm still fighting the urge to kick my manager in the shins for the dumb things that come out of his mouth. The shop foreman/breakdown handlers are still asking ridiculous questions that make me wonder if they have ever turned a wrench.

What it all comes down to is; how much BS are you willing to tolerate?

Thanks for your input GR.....I tolerated Vitrans BS longer than I thought I could have. So I'm going to give CT a shot and see how it goes. It couldn't possibly be much worse and If I could tolerate Vitran as long as I did I can last a few months here until things pick back up in the spring. I understand that wherever you go there will always be BS...But at this point in my life its time to find a place that I can retire at with the least amount of BS as possible....And that may mean I need to get out of the LTL business....Been considering working for a Walmart DC in Desoto TX working nights just dropping and hooking at Walmart and Sams locally...Got a lot to think about through the slow season.