The Nowhere-To-Run Diaries: A Week After Maria, Hope Is Fading Fast In Puerto Rico

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

Odd YRC has reported that they have re- opened their PR terminal. did truck drivers that live in PR go to work instead of volunteering to drive those trucks ? The teamsters are asking for volunteers but said they are waitting for the governor there to say what he needs.

2. Keepingon

Geraldo Rivera who has not been a Trump defender on the ground in Puerto Rico live says he don't see people dying and the Mayor of San Juan Puerto Rico is a liar and wrong he called her a POLITICALLY MOTIVATED HATER

DCM_Doc and Northern Flash like this.
  3. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

Northern Flash and buffalobill like this.
  4. Keepingon

Shame on the Mayor of San Juan for using this tragedy to play politics. She has not even attended FEMA coordination meetings.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/30/e...mayor-shes-not-participating-in-any-meetings/

" The mayor of Guaynabo, Puerto Rico cast serious doubt Saturday on the claims made by San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz, who has repeatedly attacked President Trump and accused him of abandoning Puerto Rico in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria.

Guaynabo’s mayor, Angel Perez, said in an interview with The Daily Caller that his experience with the federal government has been different from Cruz’s, in part because — unlike Cruz — he has been participating in meetings with officials from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and other federal agencies.

Cruz, a Democrat, has repeatedly accused Trump and the federal government of abandoning Puerto Rico. She demanded in a press conference on Friday that Trump do more to help the island, adding that “we are going to see is something close to a genocide” if more is not done. (RELATED: Trump Takes On San Juan Mayor For ‘Nasty’ Criticism Of Puerto Rico Response)

Mayor Perez told TheDC that the story Cruz is telling the media doesn’t mesh with what he has seen from the federal government."

DCM_Doc likes this.
  5. Northern Flash

Northern Flash They will make you look foolish. AD-FREE USER

They can't go to help. The dang e-logs won't let them run any longer.
    :biglaugh:

6. Northern Flash

She bashes Trump for not getting them the supplies needed........as she trips over the pallets of food, water, and supplies.
    It's not our Govt's responsibility to distribute the stuff, it's the local's responsibility. Trump got the stuff there, and she has failed to get her end of the mission completed.
    Just another Liberal hack that is too stupid to do their job properly.

7. canaryinthemine

canaryinthemine Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!

During Mayor Cruz's interview with the erstwhile Mr. Rivera, she responded to his innuendo that she was being "led" by Democratic interests. She informed Geraldo that Sen. Marco Rubio (R) has already been to the island, and had brought an entire support staff and emergency logistics with him... and she profusely thanked him for his immediate support.....Mr. Rivera tried another tack by saying he "didn't see any dead bodies..."

Ms. Cruz,....with exasperation apparent in her voice said that her exact quote was that people were dying,.....and the death rate would greatly increase as people couldn't get medicine, or treatment for septic wounds or cholera symptoms, which were starting to appear,......or life flights to operating hospitals for chronic conditions......just like they would in a war-torn Third World nation,......not a territory of the United States...

I think Geraldo wanted her standing on a pile of bodies to prove her statement.

Heck......We're all dying.......but if you take away my clean water, feed me rotted food, or no food, and have me wade through sewage contaminated water for days on end,...........I'll bet you I will die a lot quicker......

Magoo and DCM_Doc like this.
  8. 20_yrs_2_go

20_yrs_2_go Well-Known Member

If they have to wait on the teamsters to decide ? There might be more double digit deaths.
    FEMA is probably running the show because the mayor seems to be clueless and most likely voted out at first opportunity

9. Keepingon

Don't know if your aware of it but Geraldo Rivera arrived in Puerto Rico as soon as the hurricane had passed and has been there since it took him 3 days to get to the part of the island where his 82 year old mother is. All along he has been reporting that the relief effort could be better and he's been reporting on the hardships going on there. I don't think he was putting a spin on anything just calling it like it was.

Northern Flash likes this.
  10. Keepingon

At least the teamsters are asking for volunteers and are willing to go help instead of sitting comfortable elsewhere and criticizing

buffalobill likes this.
  11. Northern Flash

The bottom line is that their Mayor grossly exaggerated the situation, and turned it against Trump in an attempt to benefit politically.
    She is the one failing, not our government. The supplies are there and she is failing to get them delivered.
    Imagine that.......a Democrat ducking responsibility.

buffalobill likes this.
  12. Bubba74

anything real or imagined to try to make Trump look bad

DCM_Doc likes this.
  13. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Well I guess the official line from FEMA is that its not their aid containers there.
    So where is their aid containers?
    Did any get there yet?
    Probably getting loaded up in Jacksonville Florida yet.
    Trump doesn't like Puerto Ricans :idunno:

I guess he doesn't have any golf courses there,
    if he did I bet things would be differant

14. Magoo

But then your not one going without,
    Trumps Katrina only worse.

15. 20_yrs_2_go

Show me a volunteer teamster that will go trucking

LOL now that will be an article with framing

16. Keepingon

17. Bubba74

just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true

Northern Flash and buffalobill like this.
  18. 20_yrs_2_go

Do you read what you post ?

Munro said the union has heard from more than 100 truckers who have offered to help, and The Teamsters is working to vet those drivers and ensure they have the proper licenses and availability.

But The Teamsters said it’s still facing the other logistical issues that have held up cargo distribution.

19. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

California Teamsters Send Convoy to Houston with Supplies for Victims of Harvey | Teamsters - Teamster.org
    Teamster.org › news › 2017/09 › califor...
    Sep 8, 2017 - ... supplies left California this morning on a mission of mercy for the victims of hurricane Harvey in the ... “It is more evidence of how our union takes care of our own and others and can do so with very little ...

Teamsters Offer Disaster Relief Assistance for Victims of Hurricane Irma | Teamsters - Teamster.org
    Teamster.org › news › 2017/09 › teamste...
    Sep 14, 2017 - The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) declared a major disaster for the state of Florida on September 10, 2017, opening the way for the use of federal disaster funds for people ...

Teamsters Disaster Relief Fund Coordinating Efforts with South Texas Leader | Teamsters - Teamster.org
    Teamster.org › news › 2017/08 › teamste...
    Aug 28, 2017 - Local 988 is preparing a staging area for disaster relief supplies at the union hall and will be ... Relief Fund and the funds will be earmarked for assistance to members impacted by Hurricane Harvey.

I could copy and paste these all day! What have you done lately ?
    Get a fancy frame with crows on the corners :1036316054:

Keepingon likes this.
  20. Magoo

One Photo Stands Out After Trump Says Puerto Rico Wants 'Everything Done For Them'
    https://verizon.yahoo.com/news/one-photo-stands-trump-says-021024468.html

[​IMG]
    When President Donald Trump went after local officials in Puerto Rico, accusing them of wanting “everything to be done for them,” one TV writer had the perfect response.

View image on Twitter
    [​IMG]

Follow
    [​IMG]Jess Dweck

✔@TheDweck

"They want everything to be done for them.":hilarious:

1:01 PM - Sep 30, 2017

canaryinthemine likes this.