The official "Truckingboards ruined my life" thread.

Oh my,,,,sniff...thank you all so much for the "pity likes". I'll take them and cherish them. Forget what I said. I love all of you....well, except GT.....and Flounder for stealing my LAST,,,,

Ok.. I just gave you another "pity like"... I couldn't help myself.........It's just who I am.......

It is odd how Google is driving this change, yet a Google search will produce everything that is prohibited.

I don't think it's them as much as their advertisers.

Say you had a brand a big national brand... Would you want your logo being brandished in a post full of profanity, or half dressed women ?

Say you had a brand a big national brand... Would you want your logo being brandished in a post full of profanity, or half dressed women ?

yep_sent_zps99634087.png

This pretty much says it all.
yep_faf5cf_3976069_zpsab4c540f.jpg

Seriously, sex sells. That has been a fact of advertising for as long as there has been advertising. Everyone that has something to sell uses shills to sell it.

You now that.

I know that.

Anyone who watches TV, movies, reads magazines or papers, or actually pays attention to the bazillion billboards out there knows that.

I really question the recent push by the Google Adsense advertisers to eliminate certain "content". On the one hand it looks like the Puritans are making a push for decency.

On the other hand it looks like an effort to eliminate competition.

And there are anti-trust laws for that.

Theres plenty of places to find that on the internet

p*on?

You bet.

Do we come here for it?

Absolutely not.

And are you within your rights as a forum owner and admin to expect that we limit what we post?

Without a doubt.

No, but then again I would expect this advertising on a site dedicated to truckerz.

So I have noticed how the ads tend to follow the discussions. This is because the Google Adsense thingy has an algorithm that skims words from the posts and then associates ads it thinks are relevant to to the discussion.

So if we are talking about the mud flap babes, those chrome silhouettes that you can buy and put on your truck, I would bet that you will then see ads for them.

So the advertisers will then be seeing ads of things we are being asked to not place in our posts.

So I have noticed how the ads tend to follow the discussions. This is because the Google Adsense thingy has an algorithm that skims words from the posts and then associates ads it thinks are relevant to to the discussion.

So if we are talking about the mud flap babes, those chrome silhouettes that you can buy and put on your truck, I would bet that you will then see ads for them.

So the advertisers will then be seeing ads of things we are being asked to not place in our posts.

And then we'll all go into a post count deficit and will forfeit any remaining "likes".... so sad.... lol

I was over 5000 posts and now I am LAST, this has happened more than once cause they have deleted posts in the past, I should be around 10,000 posts

but yet, as said.."sex sells"....

and a half naked woman is always better than a fully dressed one.....lol

No, but then again I would expect this advertising on a site dedicated to truckerz.

ok...we can fix that after i respond to the rest of the quotes

I was over 5000 posts and now I am LAST, this has happened more than once cause they have deleted posts in the past, I should be around 10,000 posts

but at least you, me and everyone else, still has "lot's of green squares".....:kicking:

ok, here is how we can "fix ad-sense", or "make no sense"

i went to the store and bought a loaf of wonder bread.....Wonder bread Wonder bread.

i then bought a can of coke......coke...coke....

but i really wanted Pepsi......Pepsi.....Pepsi

then i bought a bar of Irish spring soap...Irish spring soap

then i came home and tried to get on the Obama care web site......Obama care...Obama care....

there...that ought muck up ad-sense for a minute or two....:27:

but yet, as said.."sex sells"....

and a half naked woman is always better than a fully dressed one.....lol

ok...we can fix that after i respond to the rest of the quotes

but at least you, me and everyone else, still has "lot's of green squares".....:kicking:

ok, here is how we can "fix ad-sense", or "make no sense"

i went to the store and bought a loaf of wonder bread.....Wonder bread Wonder bread.

i then bought a can of coke......coke...coke....

but i really wanted Pepsi......Pepsi.....Pepsi

then i bought a bar of Irish spring soap...Irish spring soap

then i came home and tried to get on the Obama care web site......Obama care...Obama care....

there...that ought muck up ad-sense for a minute or two....:27:

Great.

After this silly post now I am seeing ads for erectile dysfunction medicine, lingerie, condoms, bread, soda pop and deodorant soap.

Oh, and I'm getting spam e-mail for healthcare.

Way to go Backpacker.

Great.

After this silly post now I am seeing ads for erectile dysfunction medicine, lingerie, condoms, bread, soda pop and deodorant soap.

Oh, and I'm getting spam e-mail for healthcare.

Way to go Backpacker.

backpack...backpack...backpack...

camping...camping...camping....

tents....tents.....tents...

propane grille...propane grille...propane grille....

toilet paper...toilet paper...toilet paper....

camp fire...camp fire...camp fire....

testosterone......testosterone.....testosterone...

Prince pasta...Prince pasta...Prince pasta....

Victoria's secret...Victoria's secret....Victoria's secret...

blue pill....blue pill....blue pill.....

:notworthy:..:notworthy:.....:kicking:....:bananag:

Odd... The only ad I see on this page on my screen is one for a small but efficient Motorhome...lol Touting all the comforts of a larger motorhome nonetheless!

smiley-transport013.gif

Odd... The only ad I see on this page on my screen is one for a small but efficient Motorhome...lol Touting all the comforts of a larger motorhome nonetheless!

smiley-transport013.gif

my master plan works...

i shall now grow a mustache.....