Holland | The Proposal

Does this contract make the regionals appears as just a side dish, appetizer or even the red headed step-child of the corporation. With all the changes being made for YRCF why wouldn't it be possible for the regionals to have their own contract. None of this except money and bennies pertain to us. Need more time to put all these numbers together. The profit sharing is interesting. Probably a precursor to what's going to happen to our pension.

Yes, calender year, the entire calender year. Not starting until after 2015.

Profit sharing bonuses will be payable according to the following
schedules beginning in 2016 (based on 2015 performance), provided the applicable
annual published operating ratio is within the specified ranges for any full calendar year.

Bonus calculations and payments will be separate for YRC Freight and the Regional
Carriers (Holland, New Penn, and Reddaway), with the operating ratio for the Regional
Carriers being calculated on a combined basis:

YRC Freight Operating Ratio Bonus Amount
96.1 to 97.0 1%
93.1 to 96.0 2%
93.0 and below 3%
Regional Carrier Combined
Operating Ratio
Bonus Amount
94.1 to 95.0 1%
92.1 to 94.0 2%
92.0 and below 3%

What's amazing is that the regionals make money .. And to get bonuses they have to make more than yrcw for the same bonus..... How is that fair??

Be honest, did anybody expect profit sharing or bonus? I guess somebody with a unbiased nature will put the numbers to paper and create a spread sheet of some sort. Absent ism is a real problem. It's so unfair to the men that use their sick, vacation and personal days in a professional way. This younger generation of drivers coming in have no clue of what " work ethic" stands for, so why should I make a stand for them? I preach to them till I blue in the face.

What's amazing is that the regionals make money .. And to get bonuses they have to make more than yrcw for the same bonus..... How is that fair??

Crazy if YRC made 3 cents on a dollar their profits would triple ours. We would have to operate at 90 to compete with them. This is a mood point because we all know they can't hit those margins.

Let's not forget that we loose two pay increases, that's approximately $0.64 that we will never get back so $750 x 2 = $1500. one time BONUS ?? . Starting in 2016 we will be loosing $1331.20 a year [per a 40 hour work week ] . 64 x 40hrs = $25.6wk x52wks = $1331.20 now with 15 hrs of overtime it is an additional $.96 x 15 =$14.40wk x 52wks = $748.80 $1331.20 + $748.80 = $2080 PER YEAR So THAT A BIG PAY CUT

Let's not forget that we loose two pay increases, that's approximately $0.64 that we will never get back so $750 x 2 = $1500. one time BONUS ?? . Starting in 2016 we will be loosing $1331.20 a year [per a 40 hour work week ] . 64 x 40hrs = $25.6wk x52wks = $1331.20 now with 15 hrs of overtime it is an additional $.96 x 15 =$14.40wk x 52wks = $748.80 $1331.20 + $748.80 = $2080 PER YEAR So THAT A BIG PAY CUT :regretful:

Another contract that we can not enforce. Who is going to watch over the 6% of purchase transportation ? Red circle our road drivers to protect them..been there there and done that, there is no way to enforce this ! Another smoke and mirror job from IBT. Do the shinny wheels run if we have a line haul driver laid off....bet you they do.! We have had city laid off and they call in the part-timers now, so what will make the difference...nothing.! Bonus based on their numbers, we all know how that works out...thats how they can not now account for what we have already gave back. Give ...give ...give, I gave for five years and got nothing in return, the mailings sent to my home durning or near the Thanksgiving holiday....total disrespect for our familys to recieve this s..t in the mail at this time of year. The fact at the fact men take off, 60 hrs in the city, week in and week out, pushed to the max daily...I think it's called exhausted ! Remember ABF knows in their contract when there getting the give back .....paid back to them. We are just giving ours away. It's our turn to tell them NO!, hey bankers Happy Holidays your going to need a bailout for the 1.4 owed to you by YRC. Now what are you going to give us to keep getting your 150 mil in interest payments...? We are only giving you until Jan 1st and we are putting the strike line up ! If they have to run on our money and pension now....and they want even more to stay operating, where to you think they will be in another 5 years. This take or leave it offer to us...is the biggest bull***t that they send to us just before the next Holiday....hell if they don't like what we give them, Jimmy will just go and give them a mou any way. So I'm voting NO ! they can come up with another offer that has the " when and how we get ours back', included in writting." They are on their way out, just collecting all they can get from us on the way...

Has a city driver in CL I think about my vote if it is a yes or no. I read the stock holders meeting and it tees me of the bonus they will get to any improvement and this new mou will insure them their bonus. So I vote no the company closes. On the other hand I see a lot of non union drivers getting hired here and I ask why would you come here if this is such a financial mess with the threat of closing, small pension on your behalf . After talking to most of them working here is still far better then where they work now. Some of them at one time even worked at Holland and wished they never quit when the first layoff came. So now I vote yes. Has a older driver I see no chance of getting hired by a non-union co . HELL even I wouldn't hire me. LOL Nor do I want to start at the bottom at some non union co.even if I did get hired. So again I vote yes. I've seen a lot of fallen flags over my years in this industry and I guess I'm tired of seeing another go down. Just once I would like to see a trucking company come back from the brink .All so how long would ABF last if we go under? . With no union trucking around do you think non =union drivers would better off? These drivers get abused now just wait what happens when the bar is LOWERED. Well my mind is made up . I've learned to live with the pay cuts now I guess I could live with them a little longer. I hope this old saying will not apply to us. FOOL ME ONCE SHAME ON YOU.FOOL ME TWICE SHAME ON ME.

It is impossible to vote yes. We have given back over a billion dollars already. We will not get a pay increase for two years, the bonus will be cut in half in taxes so that is a joke. Vacation pay will be 40 hours not 45 hour pay, There will be only 25% put in to your pension so it will only a matter of time Central States will be cutting us off. We are becoming a dues paying-non union outfit. The company wants you to give it all for the team there is no team. I will vote no they have shown be nothing in the last 4 years other than waste more money and not pay on the debt.

Has a city driver in CL I think about my vote if it is a yes or no. I read the stock holders meeting and it tees me of the bonus they will get to any improvement and this new mou will insure them their bonus. So I vote no the company closes. On the other hand I see a lot of non union drivers getting hired here and I ask why would you come here if this is such a financial mess with the threat of closing, small pension on your behalf . After talking to most of them working here is still far better then where they work now. Some of them at one time even worked at Holland and wished they never quit when the first layoff came. So now I vote yes. Has a older driver I see no chance of getting hired by a non-union co . HELL even I wouldn't hire me. LOL Nor do I want to start at the bottom at some non union co.even if I did get hired. So again I vote yes. I've seen a lot of fallen flags over my years in this industry and I guess I'm tired of seeing another go down. Just once I would like to see a trucking company come back from the brink .All so how long would ABF last if we go under? . With no union trucking around do you think non =union drivers would better off? These drivers get abused now just wait what happens when the bar is LOWERED. Well my mind is made up . I've learned to live with the pay cuts now I guess I could live with them a little longer. I hope this old saying will not apply to us. FOOL ME ONCE SHAME ON YOU.FOOL ME TWICE SHAME ON ME.
must be a new hire? You already been fooled 3 times the last give backs,or you have a short term memory.you are the gift to holland that just keeps on a given.