Holland | The Proposal

Has a city driver in CL I think about my vote if it is a yes or no. I read the stock holders meeting and it tees me of the bonus they will get to any improvement and this new mou will insure them their bonus. So I vote no the company closes. On the other hand I see a lot of non union drivers getting hired here and I ask why would you come here if this is such a financial mess with the threat of closing, small pension on your behalf . After talking to most of them working here is still far better then where they work now. Some of them at one time even worked at Holland and wished they never quit when the first layoff came. So now I vote yes. Has a older driver I see no chance of getting hired by a non-union co . HELL even I wouldn't hire me. LOL Nor do I want to start at the bottom at some non union co.even if I did get hired. So again I vote yes. I've seen a lot of fallen flags over my years in this industry and I guess I'm tired of seeing another go down. Just once I would like to see a trucking company come back from the brink .All so how long would ABF last if we go under? . With no union trucking around do you think non =union drivers would better off? These drivers get abused now just wait what happens when the bar is LOWERED. Well my mind is made up . I've learned to live with the pay cuts now I guess I could live with them a little longer. I hope this old saying will not apply to us. FOOL ME ONCE SHAME ON YOU.FOOL ME TWICE SHAME ON ME.
So it's all about you! Why would ABF go under if YRC closed? I think we would thrive and probably get back some of ours customers we lost due to YRC's heavy discounting which by the way is how they used some of your 15% giveback.

I never said it was about me AKITA my thoughts were random The comment about abf was more about the pension and how they would be the only one paying in to it . Can't see that happing for long do you?

Your right but who in this country cares about anything but there bank account. But you know if they can't change in 5yrs and the teamsters don't start getting off there asses and start organizing then were going to be in trouble.

When you try to talk union to a non-union driver the first think out of their mouth is YRC then it's no thank you!

Holland has been giving big discounts for years even before this mess right along your non union carriers Jackman man is right this is a new generation of union hitting some one over the head and making them join a union is over. Try to organize a company they threaten to close down end of argument agree? You look over the years how are work rules and job descriptions are changing. We are doing the same as non -union companies but still with better benefits. Alright I agree about the pay per hour put at least may health and welfare are paid for and I'm getting something towards my pension

I never said it was about me AKITA my thoughts were random The comment about abf was more about the pension and how they would be the only one paying in to it . Can't see that happing for long do you?

If you have seen it and done it all like a know it all why are you still working? You will never retire from this dump.and you truely believe this is the best place to work now than it was 15 years ago.

If you have seen it and done it all like a know it all why are you still working? You will never retire from this dump.and you truely believe this is the best place to work now than it was 15 years ago.

They really have you brainwashed. If I was a new hire at 11 dollars a hr and walked over to one of the piles of **** the give them to drive on top of all the monetary issues and moral,I would get a bus back home.

Well if YRC went down I wonder whos going to cover the pension.

I'm just sayn

How many times do I have to say this? The freight industry is not the only ones paying into the pension funds! Will it take a hit most certainly, but it won't be the end of the world either. I know in our fund there's about 40'000 active members and I would guess less then 500 of those work for either YRCF or New Penn in our fund which covers 5 states....I'm just saying too!

If you were referring to me I feel sorry for you that you work at a barn that treats you like crap . Can I retire YES I can . I 'll retire on my terms and not behind some guy on a key board. I enjoy working with the men at my terminal and yes even most of management . I did say men not kids who cry and whine about everything and please answer me this WHY WHY have you not moved on. You guys berate this company but your still here WHO are the biggest A HOLES we who stay or YOU who have not moved on LORD knows you had more then enough time already

When you try to talk union to a non-union driver the first think out of their mouth is YRC then it's no thank you!

Akita please go back to your frog pond and stop trying to disrupt our conversation with off the wall comments.

Thank you for doing the math!
Let's not forget that we loose two pay increases, that's approximately $0.64 that we will never get back so $750 x 2 = $1500. one time BONUS ?? . Starting in 2016 we will be loosing $1331.20 a year [per a 40 hour work week ] . 64 x 40hrs = $25.6wk x52wks = $1331.20 now with 15 hrs of overtime it is an additional $.96 x 15 =$14.40wk x 52wks = $748.80 $1331.20 + $748.80 = $2080 PER YEAR So THAT A BIG PAY CUT

Well if they close good luck finding a job where you don't pay for insurance and one that allows you to get ot are one that even pays ot. It is hard to swallow but its all about getting the nons organized that's are job.

We are indirectly paying for it now. Where do think the 15% pay cut and 75% less into the pension is going? It certainly isn't reducing the debt,