Holland | The Proposal

Let's not forget that we loose two pay increases, that's approximately $0.64 that we will never get back so $750 x 2 = $1500. one time BONUS ?? . Starting in 2016 we will be loosing $1331.20 a year [per a 40 hour work week ] . 64 x 40hrs = $25.6wk x52wks = $1331.20 now with 15 hrs of overtime it is an additional $.96 x 15 =$14.40wk x 52wks = $748.80 $1331.20 + $748.80 = $2080 PER YEAR So THAT A BIG PAY CUT :regretful:

Pretty amazing how they can try to make it look not so bad. But truck drivers aren't suppose to be able to think things through...

Why are the NO voters closed minded. Why is it always us giving back. We are tired of giving back and getting nothing in return. Junk equipment that can't be fixed. 200 dollars a week that we gave back. No pension. The 25 percent that they are paying is not increasing our pension on a yearly basis, it is only paying back the 100+ milliion dollars the YRC owes Central States. 5 top management people making over 1 million per year salary and benefits.
Sure they still have a pension plan. This whole deal from the beginning was a Union busting tactic. This is just another step of weakening the Union and worker's rights. They are not going to be happy unless we revert to 1920 work habits. 15 hours a day 7 days a week. Get hurt they fire you. Don't show up because you are sick they fire you. And for another thing this Attendance policy they are trying to lay on us: What if you get seriously ill or injured and you are in the hospital off and on for 3 months. You use your five sick days then the rest of your time off is unexcused for over 5 more days. You get fired? And do you think for one second we will ever see any profit sharing? No way. The books will be cooked to make it look like darn we just missed the number. Sorry. And as far as the 750 dollar bonus: That is pocket change to the company. A raise would get you over 2000 dollars a year at 55 hours, and that is every year here on out. Once you get the 750 dollars thats a one time deal and thats it. So no we are not closed minded. Just vote no and call their bluff. Remember if they do close the doors management is out of jobs also. Are they really going to hurt themselves. We'll see. Don't fall for the first offer or else you'll fall for anything. The freight won't disappear it has to go somewhere. We will all have jobs tomorrow. Will management? Especially the ones that ran a once great company in the ground? I doubt it. SO ONCE AGAIN JUST SAY NO!!!!!!!

why are the no voters closed minded. Why is it always us giving back. We are tired of giving back and getting nothing in return. Junk equipment that can't be fixed. 200 dollars a week that we gave back. No pension. The 25 percent that they are paying is not increasing our pension on a yearly basis, it is only paying back the 100+ milliion dollars the yrc owes central states. 5 top management people making over 1 million per year salary and benefits.
Sure they still have a pension plan. This whole deal from the beginning was a union busting tactic. This is just another step of weakening the union and worker's rights. They are not going to be happy unless we revert to 1920 work habits. 15 hours a day 7 days a week. Get hurt they fire you. Don't show up because you are sick they fire you. And for another thing this attendance policy they are trying to lay on us: What if you get seriously ill or injured and you are in the hospital off and on for 3 months. You use your five sick days then the rest of your time off is unexcused for over 5 more days. You get fired? And do you think for one second we will ever see any profit sharing? No way. The books will be cooked to make it look like darn we just missed the number. Sorry. And as far as the 750 dollar bonus: That is pocket change to the company. A raise would get you over 2000 dollars a year at 55 hours, and that is every year here on out. Once you get the 750 dollars thats a one time deal and thats it. So no we are not closed minded. Just vote no and call their bluff. Remember if they do close the doors management is out of jobs also. Are they really going to hurt themselves. We'll see. Don't fall for the first offer or else you'll fall for anything. The freight won't disappear it has to go somewhere. We will all have jobs tomorrow. Will management? Especially the ones that ran a once great company in the ground? I doubt it. So once again just say no!!!!!!!

bingo !!! We have a winner !!!

Ignorant people is why YRC gets away with this garbage. Keep thinking about how great it is at Holland since YOU RUIN COMPANIES (YRC) took over. Keep giving and giving and soon you won''t have anything to give. Besides why do you have to drive a truck for a non union carrier? Ever think of doing something different? Another thing if you insist on driving a truck, just remember all of our freight has to go somewhere. I doubt that many people will be sitting home. VOTE NO. CALL THEIR BLUFF. THEY WILL NEGOTIATE.

It's funny I don't remember being forced to buy anything .
You might want to refresh your memory then. It came out of your pay whether you want to try to remember that or not. And once you jog your memory, get back with us and tell us how much that investment of ours (stock warrants) are worth today. A little hint......zero.

I had a friend who retried at Holland sold his stock and at least got something how much I don't know .
Wrong. Not off those stock warrants that he was forced to buy. They are/were worth absolutely nothing.....period.

But your right nothing is better then something .
Let's see, they took thousands from us and gave us "stock warrants" in return.....that are not worth the paper that they are written on.

Hey how's that new job coming along since you left yrc?
I didn't work at yrc, I worked at YRCW's cash cow that has kept yrc's doors open. Going great though, thanks for asking.

I agree Jackman Hey who's the biggest fools us for staying or them for not leaving when the have the chance?
I going to go with YOU for staying. If you want lower wages and a lessor benefits package, why don't you leave. There are lots of those company's out there. Why not leave the rest at YRCW to try to salvage the good package that they once had?

I completely understand how we all have different opinions on this issue. But for those of you who work at the good, efficient, peaceful, team atmosphere type of terminals that even maintain their equipment........that's great. But the reality is that many of us work(ed) at terminals that should be bulldozed and everything stated above is just the opposite of what you get to enjoy every day. I got to witness where my concessions were going everyday at my old rat hole. (Bring in the bulldozers)

Everyone has a different opinion based on what they see every day.

I must say this also. If you are licking your chops over a $750.00 bonus ($550 after taxes) you have been doing something wrong with your money over the years. Just sayin'.

I going to go with YOU for staying. If you want lower wages and a lessor benefits package, why don't you leave. There are lots of those company's out there. Why not leave the rest at YRCW to try to salvage the good package that they once had?
Flash I've got to call you out on this one. "The Good Package" are you kidding me? You and I both know this will never happen in our life time. This job is what it is and I have accepted it as it is.

Why are the NO voters closed minded. Why is it always us giving back. We are tired of giving back and getting nothing in return. Junk equipment that can't be fixed. 200 dollars a week that we gave back. No pension. The 25 percent that they are paying is not increasing our pension on a yearly basis, it is only paying back the 100+ milliion dollars the YRC owes Central States. 5 top management people making over 1 million per year salary and benefits.
Sure they still have a pension plan. This whole deal from the beginning was a Union busting tactic. This is just another step of weakening the Union and worker's rights. They are not going to be happy unless we revert to 1920 work habits. 15 hours a day 7 days a week. Get hurt they fire you. Don't show up because you are sick they fire you. And for another thing this Attendance policy they are trying to lay on us: What if you get seriously ill or injured and you are in the hospital off and on for 3 months. You use your five sick days then the rest of your time off is unexcused for over 5 more days. You get fired? And do you think for one second we will ever see any profit sharing? No way. The books will be cooked to make it look like darn we just missed the number. Sorry. And as far as the 750 dollar bonus: That is pocket change to the company. A raise would get you over 2000 dollars a year at 55 hours, and that is every year here on out. Once you get the 750 dollars thats a one time deal and thats it. So no we are not closed minded. Just vote no and call their bluff. Remember if they do close the doors management is out of jobs also. Are they really going to hurt themselves. We'll see. Don't fall for the first offer or else you'll fall for anything. The freight won't disappear it has to go somewhere. We will all have jobs tomorrow. Will management? Especially the ones that ran a once great company in the ground? I doubt it. SO ONCE AGAIN JUST SAY NO!!!!!!!
The point well made....! what ever happened to a fair days pay for a fair days work..? If they are so stupid that they knew this and waited till the last days to say " We had a misstep " but give us your pensions and some of your pay...and we will fix it ! The same way it has been ran in the past....were getting closer to the drain every month. It is time to pay the piper, we did our part for five years, now it is up to them to do the right thing or close the doors.

Flash I've got to call you out on this one. "The Good Package" are you kidding me?
I'm not sure what you're challenging. Do you mean that we never had a "good package". I'm confused with your wording.

You and I both know this will never happen in our life time. This job is what it is and I have accepted it as it is.
The question is.....are you willing to accept less than what it currently is?