ODFL | $$$ The Raise $$$

kbigdog

TB Lurker
Credits
John Y., the president of O.D. will be at my terminal Monday and Tuesday. P&D wage meeting is Tuesday at 8am. If you want to PM me a cell phone # I will call you right after. Or I can call a linehaul guy and he can post the information because I wont be able to post til I get home that night. I believe we are one of the first terminals to have the wage meeting.

I heard a rumor that it will be 3 cent on the mile for linehaul......Not sure about dock and p&d...Im gonna find out sunday morning from a friend in Mrt.. They are meeting at 12 or 12:30....Dont bust my balls if I'm wrong. It was just a hearsay thing. 3 cent would be nice though......

LOGGERHEAD

Sunday is better than Tuesday. Let us know. I hope L/H gets a good jump in pay. You guys need to get up there in pay, it will help with retention also. Post as soon as you know for sure.

Im ready to make the switch back to city, unless the raise is more than decent (Im NOT holding my breath)...

Tired of working at night, away from my pregnant wife... For about the same, if not LESS money than I was making in the city. I'll have to 'work' more hours in the city of course compared to the number of hours run on line.... but hell Im not affraid of work.

I hope the P&D raise is decent too!

Wages at other carriers

I hear that national carriers like Yellow, Roadway, ABF, Conway, and Overnite all make around 51 cents per mile top pay, and about $21.50 as local driver.

Money...money....money

Just heard details of new raises.Sounds good,but will have to get confirmation before I post anything.Vacation increased for some.Overall,very good.

your killin me....you can tell us what you heard, if its wrong I wont hold it against you. Im just curious. Im glad to hear that you say its good

Husker, City People at Yellow, Roadway, ABF in Central States, make $21.71 Per Hr. Road .544 Per Mile & $21.65 Per HR. Break Down, Waiting Etc. Mustache 342/Kansas city. RETIRED Big R 7-31-06

I'm hearing the same about milage increase but I'm hearing .80 per hour.
No word about vacation.
need more A/P days and day after thanksgiving and 2 days for christmas.

Blood

Jim......what did I tell ya brother!This raise was right up there with my expectations.This will be a very welcome addition to my checking and savings acct.By the way my blood is green too!

John Y. told us healthcare cost is estimated to rise 15-17% next year and the company will absorb this cost, plus the raise will cost the company 32 million dollars. Thats alot of $$$ for a company to shell out. Im thankful for the raise also

Bob Foote (western VP) was asked at our meeting if we will ever compete with the other non-union LTL's as far as pay goes....

He pointed to the door and said good luck... WTF?

I Like That

Don't know if I've met him before.But I think I like him.If you don't like it,close the door as you leave.What you think Luke ?

Its almost funny how we have taken most of GI's drivers, and management. Foote asked how many drivers at that meeting were from GI (we had 4 meetings), and 3/4 of the room raised their hands..

Our TM, OM, 2 planners and 10 drivers are all GI desertters within the last 6 months.. haha! Our TM has done an awesome job getting things in order and turned around.

While I know our line pay is low, I do like the company, and it seems like our city pay is in-line..(??) with everyone else though. I think the only way I'll leave OD is when I get hired as a Police Officer (goal set for Dec 07 at the latest)