The reason why trump and the gop dislike pelosi

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 20_yrs_2_go, Mar 8, 2019.

1. 20_yrs_2_go

20_yrs_2_go So we got that going for us, Wich is nice

The House on Friday passed legislation that would require presidents to disclose their tax returns, as Democrats have made obtaining President Trump's tax returns one of their top priorities.

Under the legislation, presidents, vice presidents and major-party nominees for those positions would be required to disclose 10 years of tax returns to the Federal Election Commission (FEC). That agency would then make the returns publicly available.

If a candidate or office-holder fails to disclose their returns, the FEC chairman would send a request to the Treasury secretary to obtain copies of the documents.

An amendment was added to the bill this week so that under the legislation, office-holders and candidates would be required to disclose both their personal and business tax returns.

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/...uire-presidents-to-disclose-their-tax-returns

Magoo likes this.
  2. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

This alone should be everybody's reason.

Big Dave, falconfan and Rastus like this.
  3. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

And she’s a dumb bitch :1036316054:

SAC75, Northern Flash, LewSir and 2 others like this.
  5. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

The bill is HR-1 and it’s one of the many reasons not to like Pelosi, It’s a money grab !
    Your linked article didn’t include everything in it like their money grab they call “campaign finance” they want to use tax payer money to pay for their campaigns by matching private donations 6 to 1! So for every dollar someone donates they will get 6 dollars from the tax payer.

Campaign finance
    • Establishing public financing of campaigns, powered by small donations. Under the vision of the bill’s main sponsor, Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), the federal government would provide a voluntary 6-1 match for candidates for president and Congress, which means for every dollar a candidate raises from small donations, the federal government would match it six times over. The maximum small donation that could be matched would be capped at $200. The most substantial change to HR 1 is this program now won’t be funded by taxpayer dollars as originally planned; instead, it will come from adding a 2.75 percent fee on criminal and civil fines, fees, penalties, or settlements with banks and corporations that commit corporate malfeasance (think Wells Fargo). Democrats are using this idea to push back on Republican attacks that taxpayers shouldn’t be subsidizing campaigns.

falconfan, SAC75 and aflifer like this.
  6. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

An entire party follows her as their leader, really?

Keepingon likes this.
  7. LewSir

LewSir Well-Known Member

HYPOCRITE NANCY PELOSI Refuses To Release Tax Returns While Demanding Trump Make His Public
    https://100percentfedup.com/hypocri...eturns-while-demanding-trump-make-his-public/
    With a reported net worth of $135 million, lifetime Democrat politician Nancy Pelosi, is one of the wealthiest members of Congress. Nancy and her husband live on a vineyard in California with an estimated value of $5 million. But she’s a champion of the everyday American, and to prove it, she’s going to demand that the self-made businessman billionaire, turned President, Donald Trump show his tax returns to Americans. Don’t ask Nancy to share her tax returns, however, because her tax returns are her business, and off-limits for the American people.

8. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Stop the blubbering.

That is one stupid woman. They recently had an opportunity to get rid of her and they made very little effort. I guess that shows that they support her stupidity. That does make sense though, since from their base right up to their leadership, they've proven to not be the sharpest knives on the drawer.

9. Northern Flash

This bill is going nowhere. And when Congress is FIRST required to produce their past ten years of tax returns there won't be any requirements for the Presidents to do it either.
    And which is more important, (often) lifetime appointments to Congress or a president that will be gone in a maximum of eight years? Congress takes bribes from lobbyists on a daily basis, I want to see theirs, especially people like Pelosi, Schumer, and Mitch McConnell.

10. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

If you want to run for congress or the presidency, and I dont like you why should I have to help (as a tax payer) finance your campaign
    Arent the Dems complaining about all the "money in politics" then they want more money

I think everyone should show their tax returns
    how do people making $172,000 a year become multi-millionaires in a few short years

As for hating Piglosi, love watch her get "trained" by the freshman in her caucus

11. Northern Flash

The Democrats haven't been this splintered in a long time. And dang, I'm lovin' every minute of it.
    And the primary battles and throat slashing are still to come.
    :clap:

Rastus likes this.
  12. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

jimmy g, Rastus, falconfan and 4 others like this.
  13. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

There in lies the true mystery
    how people arrive in DCgrad dead broke and leave a few years later as multi-millionaires

Rastus likes this.
  14. Northern Flash

When Congress shows their tax returns for the past ten years, Trump will show them his.

Bart likes this.
  15. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

That goes right to the premise of public financing of elections.
    As it is the rich and the corporations donate untold amounts to candidates for what reason exactly?
    You can bet it's not because they like the candidates position on abortion, or LGBT rights.
    So you say it doesn't matter to you but I disagree and think it does matter to you and I.
    Your districts House member is raising multi million of dollars for the next election. I might donate $5 -10-20 dollars but thats chump change. Rich people can funnel unlimited amounts.
    Why does it matter? I think the answer is obvious.

16. falconfan

falconfan Well-Known Member

What the hell did she just say?

17. Northern Flash

Translation:
    "I am an incompetent buffoon and I have millions of incompetent buffoons that follow me like sheeple".
    :biglaugh:

falconfan and Rastus like this.
  18. 20_yrs_2_go

20_yrs_2_go So we got that going for us, Wich is nice

• Trump said he had filed financial disclosure forms and “you get far more from that than you could ever get from a tax return.” But such forms don’t reveal effective tax rates, charitable giving and how the president complies with, or benefits from, tax laws.
    • He said, “Nobody turns over a return when it’s under audit.” Richard Nixon did just that during his presidency. Plus, most sitting presidents since Jimmy Carter have released their tax returns, despite the fact that presidents are automatically subject to an annual IRS audit.
    https://www.factcheck.org/2018/11/the-presidents-tax-returns/

19. Northern Flash

:sleeping:

Rastus likes this.
  20. Rastus

Rastus ..MAGA..

[​IMG]

Return this.