Yellow | The Ridge has a New Roof!

How bout abf buys 309? All they do is repave some , knock fences down and vwala a big ass terminal. They seem to be spending money. Why not buy a terminal next door? Convienent

Didn't they try and sale the terminal in 09 but the sale was canceled because the ground was so contaminated ? But all it takes to make people run back there is a new roof ?

photo1.jpg

Last we heard, On Sept 1st everyone at 309 is going to the Ridge, they will keep 60 (tear driven Rdwy guys, I'm sure) guys to clean out the ****hole called 309, when that's empty they'll be assigned to 300 (Yellow code).

Happy days are here Again!

photo1.jpg

Last we heard, On Sept 1st everyone at 309 is going to the Ridge, they will keep 60 (tear driven Rdwy guys, I'm sure) guys to clean out the ****hole called 309, when that's empty they'll be assigned to 300 (Yellow code).

Happy days are here Again!
I'm in the East and also maybe not the brightest bulb in the pack so could someone out there please tell me WHATS DA BIG FREKIN DEAL!????? 309-301, Hts, Ridge, DAMMIT A BREAKBULK IS A FREKIN BREAKBULK! I didn't cry any frekin tears when they closed the sh^% hole in Stroudsburg down! HELL I GOT DRUNK!
So to close let me say, WHO DA FU%# cares! Are you working? Good! Leave it at that! I for one am tried of some of the 3 year old who come here and STILL wanna fight the Yellow-Roadway thing!
IT'S DONE! GET OVER IT! GROW UP CHILDREN!
Thank You

I heard the water is better there.

It's more than the water, lets count the ways.

1. 300 doors under 1 roof, not the 250 on one and 200 on another, Does any one really know how many times freight is handled?

Pad to strip door, strip door to shuttle door, shuttle moved to another strip door on opposite dock, strip door to destination door. That's if it cross loaded each time, if it isn't cross loaded, you need 6 dockmen and spotters to move one bill.

2. Brighter and safer, everyone knows 309 is barely lit like a 1950's parking garage.

3. 309 electrical system is in underground vaults that flood every time it rains, making it even worse.,

4. The shop is bigger and better, did you know the mechanics have to crawl under the tractors to change the oil, 309 does not have oil change pits. Fueling is indoors, not a 1930 style gas station like 309

5. Rail yard is 20 minutes away, this is huge, since we rail so much freight, ask any of the 705 drivers they'll tell you how much better of a location the Ridge is.

6. The vast amount of space at the Ridge will allow for easier movement on dock, there are no posts, pillars, cinder block buildings to get in the way.

7. You don't need to tie up doors with storage trailers at the Ridge, OSD, supplies, fuelers, propane, all these trailers waste space that can used for moving freight instead of getting in the way like they do at 309.

There are large separate areas for these functions under the big house roof.

8. The tube system at the ridge works, at 309, all bills (coming and going) have to be walked from dock to dock. Huge safety issue, especially at night.

9. The yard at the Ridge has modern and efficient lighting, not a few telephone poles with 1 light pointed in the wrong direction

(Just look at ABF's lighting) next time your at 309 at night, that's how a yard should be lit.

10. The Ridge is in a much nicer area, restaurants, gas stations, Dunkin Donuts all can be walked to and from. More choices of ordering food and having it delivered for lunch.

11. 309 barely pick ups 200 bills a night from it's P & D drivers, that doesn't pay any bills, a move back to the Ridge will mean 800 to 1000 pick ups a day, which will generate to revenue to pay everyone and every thing.

Right now I guarantee you 309 is operating at a huge loss, a terminal this size in a major metro area like Chicago should be making money!

12. Best of all I live less that 20 minutes from The Ridge, and I would guess it easier for most guys to get to the Ridge.

5. Rail yard is 20 minutes away, this is huge, since we rail so much freight, ask any of the 705 drivers they'll tell you how much better of a location the Ridge is.
So
would they drive even slower to get their hours in then?

It's more than the water, lets count the ways.

1. 300 doors under 1 roof, not the 250 on one and 200 on another, Does any one really know how many times freight is handled?

Pad to strip door, strip door to shuttle door, shuttle moved to another strip door on opposite dock, strip door to destination door. That's if it cross loaded each time, if it isn't cross loaded, you need 6 dockmen and spotters to move one bill.

2. Brighter and safer, everyone knows 309 is barely lit like a 1950's parking garage.

3. 309 electrical system is in underground vaults that flood every time it rains, making it even worse.,

4. The shop is bigger and better, did you know the mechanics have to crawl under the tractors to change the oil, 309 does not have oil change pits. Fueling is indoors, not a 1930 style gas station like 309

6. The vast amount of space at the Ridge will allow for easier movement on dock, there are no posts, pillars, cinder block buildings to get in the way.

7. You don't need to tie up doors with storage trailers at the Ridge, OSD, supplies, fuelers, propane, all these trailers waste space that can used for moving freight instead of getting in the way like they do at 309.

There are large separate areas for these functions under the big house roof.

8. The tube system at the ridge works, at 309, all bills (coming and going) have to be walked from dock to dock. Huge safety issue, especially at night.

9. The yard at the Ridge has modern and efficient lighting, not a few telephone poles with 1 light pointed in the wrong direction

(Just look at ABF's lighting) next time your at 309 at night, that's how a yard should be lit.

10. The Ridge is in a much nicer area, restaurants, gas stations, Dunkin Donuts all can be walked to and from. More choices of ordering food and having it delivered for lunch.

11. 309 barely pick ups 200 bills a night from it's P & D drivers, that doesn't pay any bills, a move back to the Ridge will mean 800 to 1000 pick ups a day, which will generate to revenue to pay everyone and every thing.

Right now I guarantee you 309 is operating at a huge loss, a terminal this size in a major metro area like Chicago should be making money!

12. Best of all I live less that 20 minutes from The Ridge, and I would guess it easier for most guys to get to the Ridge.

The only thing I know of the Ridge or the Heights is where I had to sit and wait for my load was an uncomfortable lunch table.....Looked like the same miserable people behind the glass......no difference of those coming in for a coffee break.......dusty, dirty, nasty building. In fact if not for the pay-rec I would have not known where I was. Nothing special about either place.

Chicago Heights has more doors. Chicago Ridge has a larger yard. Any return to Chicago Ridge will add miles to some destinations and lose on others. It will add tolls to most destinations.
The money they save in tolls from the Heights will be a big savings . How many tolls from the heights to Santa Fe Willow ,how many tolls from CGB /300 to the Willow? I'll bet with tractors that get 6 mpg's times at least 100 trips maybe more a week will help restore the ridge in just savings on tolls alone . No tolls at all for the Burlington Cicero and the UP on Canal street ramp from the Ridge verses tolls from the Heights . Fact is that if they ran La Grange Rd. to 67th . they wouldn't have no tolls for any of the rails . This has all ready been discussed with Welch . Rodgers already knows this because of his days with Holland .Chicago Ridge is willing to cut YRC on the city taxes something they don't get from Saulk Village plus they would get clean water .

Why would P&D drivers all of a sudden start picking up 4 times the amount of bills per night just because you moved to a different building?

Why would P&D drivers all of a sudden start picking up 4 times the amount of bills per night just because you moved to a different building?
Because the customers will want use us again if we go back to that ULTRA MODERN terminal on Harlem Ave.
Ha ha ha ha!!!!!
Hey 10 cents you do know that Global 1 and the BN Cicero are accessible from 309 via 394, 94, 55. Last time I went there I didn't see any toll booths.
Wrench the terminal was built by Gateway in 1968! I don't think Yellow ever knew how to build terminals :-O!

<snip>
Wrench the terminal was built by Gateway in 1968! I don't think Yellow ever knew how to build terminals :-O!

Oh wow, there's a blast from the past - Gateway! Ran Gateway road equipment after Maislin bought them. Thanks for the memory tickle!! :woot2:

Tou~che on your excellent observation of YRCF Management & Executives! One more question to ponder: Why would YRCF go back to a terminal that they just paid out 11 MILLION DOLLARS to settle a lawsuit from? As Forrest says: Stupid is as Stupid does!

YRC paid a lawsuit for 309 improprieties (remember the training everyone had to go thru 2 years ago?) long before they paid out anything from 301 Get your facts straight!

Because the customers will want use us again if we go back to that ULTRA MODERN terminal on Harlem Ave.
Ha ha ha ha!!!!!
Hey 10 cents you do know that Global 1 and the BN Cicero are accessible from 309 via 394, 94, 55. Last time I went there I didn't see any toll booths.

From what era was the 309 terminal built? Do you know? My guess is pre-1960, Lead paint, asbestos and all (affects your thinking) with additions added thru out the 60's, It aint nothing newer than 1968, that's for sure!

They would get their territory back, do you know, YRC (318) pick ups freight in Bedford Park, drives it to Bolingbrook, where they sort it and then send it to 309, where we sort it again before its loaded and on the road to where ever?

How far is Bolingbrook from Bedford Park? Oak Lawn? Berwyn?--add those miles, that fuel, that drivers time and then double it because it has go from Bolingbrook back to the Heights (where it's handled again) before it has a chance to on the road to where ever the customer is sending it!

They would get their territory back, do you know, YRC (318) pick ups freight in Bedford Park, drives it to Bolingbrook, where they sort it and then send it to 309, where we sort it again before its loaded and on the road to where ever?

How far is Bolingbrook from Bedford Park? Oak Lawn? Berwyn?--add those miles, that fuel, that drivers time and then double it because it has go from Bolingbrook back to the Heights (where it's handled again) before it has a chance to on the road to where ever the customer is sending it!

Ah. So there wouldn't be more freight picked up at 301. It would be stolen from another terminal. This would be good for YOU.