Yellow | The Ridge has a New Roof!

Oh wow, there's a blast from the past - Gateway! Ran Gateway road equipment after Maislin bought them. Thanks for the memory tickle!! :woot2:
Good Lord, triplex how old are you? and how many companies did you break? I started trucking in 65, went thru three companies. :grouphug:

They would get their territory back, do you know, YRC (318) pick ups freight in Bedford Park, drives it to Bolingbrook, where they sort it and then send it to 309, where we sort it again before its loaded and on the road to where ever?

How far is Bolingbrook from Bedford Park? Oak Lawn? Berwyn?--add those miles, that fuel, that drivers time and then double it because it has go from Bolingbrook back to the Heights (where it's handled again) before it has a chance to on the road to where ever the customer is sending it!

And they wonder why they're losing money?? Unifying that operation would turn it around by itself!!

They would get their territory back, do you know, YRC (318) pick ups freight in Bedford Park, drives it to Bolingbrook, where they sort it and then send it to 309, where we sort it again before its loaded and on the road to where ever?

How far is Bolingbrook from Bedford Park? Oak Lawn? Berwyn?--add those miles, that fuel, that drivers time and then double it because it has go from Bolingbrook back to the Heights (where it's handled again) before it has a chance to on the road to where ever the customer is sending it!
Ha ha ha.......... Bolingbrook was opened to get COMBO DRIVERS and get away from 705. You conveniently omit that fact. Also Bolingbrook runs other break bulks besides Chicago Heights (Akron and Cincinnati). 705 is FINISHED, too many members DON'T want to work.

Oh wow, there's a blast from the past - Gateway! Ran Gateway road equipment after Maislin bought them. Thanks for the memory tickle!! :woot2:
One of the rumors back in 1975 was Gateway Transportation carried Hoffa's body in a drum from Mich. to an auto recycling firm in NJ.

Ha ha ha.......... Bolingbrook was opened to get COMBO DRIVERS and get away from 705. You conveniently omit that fact. Also Bolingbrook runs other break bulks besides Chicago Heights (Akron and Cincinnati). 705 is FINISHED, too many members DON'T want to work.

Is it dickbag or albag?

One of the rumors back in 1975 was Gateway Transportation carried Hoffa's body in a drum from Mich. to an auto recycling firm in NJ.

Do you have to placard freight like that?

Good Lord, triplex how old are you? and how many companies did you break? I started trucking in 65, went thru three companies. :grouphug:

I can't give my age away in public. My girlfriend may read this and find out I've been lying to her all this while!

As far as trucking jobs, 19 companies all together. Temporary TT driver for 3 Holiday seasons at a house job starting in 1966 (they're long gone). Then a few years at UPS (TT/Feeder driver), then a total of 17 freight jobs - seniority road at one, seniority P&D at another and casual road and P&D at the rest.

Of all the freight jobs I worked, only ABF and New Penn still exist as they did when I worked there (casual P&D at both). Both seniority jobs, Maislin (road) and PIE (P&D) are gone. CEX (casual road) closed down and was reincarnated eventually as Conway. 3 casual jobs were merged into or combined with other companies and are still around (Yellow, Roadway and Carolina), and all the rest are long gone. But at least I've never been divorced!! :bananapartyhat:

I can't give my age away in public. My girlfriend may read this and find out I've been lying to her all this while!

As far as trucking jobs, 19 companies all together. Temporary TT driver for 3 Holiday seasons at a house job starting in 1966 (they're long gone). Then a few years at UPS (TT/Feeder driver), then a total of 17 freight jobs - seniority road at one, seniority P&D at another and casual road and P&D at the rest.

Of all the freight jobs I worked, only ABF and New Penn still exist as they did when I worked there (casual P&D at both). Both seniority jobs, Maislin (road) and PIE (P&D) are gone. CEX (casual road) closed down and was reincarnated eventually as Conway. 3 casual jobs were merged into or combined with other companies and are still around (Yellow, Roadway and Carolina), and all the rest are long gone. But at least I've never been divorced!! :bananapartyhat:
Please tell me Mrs Trip hasn't passed on tho.....Thats a terrible legacy you got going. :452:

It was top officials of my local who were suspected of doing/ordering the hit. Maislin's old terminal in East Rutherford - the current site of the Meadowlands Sports Complex (Giants Stadium, etc.) - was thought to be the place where the drum was buried. Who knows??

Please tell me Mrs Trip hasn't passed on tho.....Thats a terrible legacy you got going. :452:

I changed girlfriends just like I changed jobs so I never had a Mrs. I still haven't decided if that was a good or bad idea though! :hysterical:

I would imagine it is way better than changing Mrs's :shrug:

That's what some of my friends tell me, those that are on number 2 or 3 or even one friend who's on number 4!

Besides, I think I was just too chicken to commit. Those words "till death do us part" made me tremble!!

I changed girlfriends just like I changed jobs so I never had a Mrs. I still haven't decided if that was a good or bad idea though! :hysterical:
I took my only Mrs. at age 41 in 1992. Were still together with no complaints but I don't think I would ever do it again. And she agrees.

:Off-Topic:
So what the thread run its coarse anyway......three maybe four give a rats arse about going to the Ridge or staying at the Heights......and of those that do it seems their glee is that they think it may bother everyone else. :ShakeHandsNah: