Yellow | The Ridge has a New Roof!

I can't give my age away in public. My girlfriend may read this and find out I've been lying to her all this while!

As far as trucking jobs, 19 companies all together. Temporary TT driver for 3 Holiday seasons at a house job starting in 1966 (they're long gone). Then a few years at UPS (TT/Feeder driver), then a total of 17 freight jobs - seniority road at one, seniority P&D at another and casual road and P&D at the rest.

Of all the freight jobs I worked, only ABF and New Penn still exist as they did when I worked there (casual P&D at both). Both seniority jobs, Maislin (road) and PIE (P&D) are gone. CEX (casual road) closed down and was reincarnated eventually as Conway. 3 casual jobs were merged into or combined with other companies and are still around (Yellow, Roadway and Carolina), and all the rest are long gone. But at least I've never been divorced!! :bananapartyhat:
Hope your girlfriend doesnt know that youve never been divorced..

Hey slim, get a life and a job. I hear holland is hiring anyone they can. Seems they heard about a crybabby that only wants to ***** about his company on every other board. Seems that jimmy from TOL is paying him to put down everyone that works here, even though you don't. You and noodle going out or what?

If its so great why was it abandoned? Why does it need so much of our money to get it back running? 25 miles difference between the two means the same midwestern terminals can still be serviced from 309. Why does it need a better terminal manager to run it? This is just yellow pissing away more of our money for no reason at all.
Maybe it has to do with the roadway management that destroyed the city terminal and stole the generator. Oh , thats right, don't let the truth get in the way of a good bs story.As far as what is going on at 309 it is supposedly being sold. But slimm knows exactly what is going on in a company he does'nt work for. As far as being farther to get to destinations al, do you mean like all the rail yards that are 20 miles closer? 7 miles to willow, 17 to the bn cicero? Yeah 1 toll farther west than 309, this is the best that you can come up with?

Thats a good question, does any one know why its gonna take so much money to repair the Chicago Ridge Yelllow terminal. And who was responsible for that ??

Well, we were responsible for that, our 15% concession and any profits they made from freight hauling, minus 11 Mil for the lawsuit. The cost of "updating and repair" a closed terminal is expensive, and then it becomes a continual cost of maintenance from normal wear and tear. Updating the structures, lot improvements, fuel tanks integrity checks, environmental impact laws and compliance checks, updating communications gear, purchasing fuel and lubes, city services (electric,water,sewer,garbage), taxes, not to mention what a move costs in man hours and equipment costs. This is just another way to **** money away so we will never get back our 15%.

YRC paid a lawsuit for 309 improprieties (remember the training everyone had to go thru 2 years ago?) long before they paid out anything from 301 Get your facts straight!

10 cent, you're wrong. Direct from the KC Newspaper: The cases involved claims that black employees of Yellow Transportation Inc.’s Chicago Ridge, Ill., terminal were subject to a racially hostile work environment, including allegations of ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ graffiti, hangman’s nooses and other comments, as well as management subjecting black employees to harsher discipline and more difficult work assignments. The terminal closed in 2009 following the merger of Yellow and Roadway Express, though the employees continued to work at YRC’s Chicago Heights facility.

I GOT MY FACTS RIGHT! I WORKED HERE. PS: 2 years ago was just AFTER the Merger, and also after the fact of this lawsuit. (Sensitivity Training, so we wouldn't be Politically Incorrect)(You wouldn't really want to offend a Democrat, now would you?)

Last edited by a moderator:
5. Rail yard is 20 minutes away, this is huge, since we rail so much freight, ask any of the 705 drivers they'll tell you how much better of a location the Ridge is.
So
would they drive even slower to get their hours in then?
Ha ha evidently you've seen those 705 freight demons in action!
PS Don't we need a COO to close a terminal? That's going to be tough to make an 9/1 schedule!

Maybe it has to do with the roadway management that destroyed the city terminal and stole the generator. Oh , thats right, don't let the truth get in the way of a good bs story.As far as what is going on at 309 it is supposedly being sold. But slimm knows exactly what is going on in a company he does'nt work for. As far as being farther to get to destinations al, do you mean like all the rail yards that are 20 miles closer? 7 miles to willow, 17 to the bn cicero? Yeah 1 toll farther west than 309, this is the best that you can come up with?
Come on a move to 301 will add 2 tolls AND 30+ miles to YOUR bid destination. And how many bids do we have to 218/211?

Hey slim, get a life and a job. I hear holland is hiring anyone they can. Seems they heard about a crybabby that only wants to ***** about his company on every other board. Seems that jimmy from TOL is paying him to put down everyone that works here, even though you don't. You and noodle going out or what?

I don't know who noodle or jimmy is. And I have a job. You should be grateful seeing as we pay the bills to keep you working.

Last edited by a moderator:

oh was that a Comodeway mgr who stole all that scrap? lol. I remember the event, just not who was running the show there. Thanks for the trip down memory lane! ha ha!

I see how wrong I was. The hate and discontent between drivers in the Chicago area is so much better to watch. :popcorn:

Chicago Ridge 301

Well, we were responsible for that, our 15% concession and any profits they made from freight hauling, minus 11 Mil for the lawsuit. The cost of "updating and repair" a closed terminal is expensive, and then it becomes a continual cost of maintenance from normal wear and tear. Updating the structures, lot improvements, fuel tanks integrity checks, environmental impact laws and compliance checks, updating communications gear, purchasing fuel and lubes, city services (electric,water,sewer,garbage), taxes, not to mention what a move costs in man hours and equipment costs. This is just another way to **** money away so we will never get back our 15%.

I was refering to the vandalism done at 301. Was wondering which company those people came from and if they are now doing time for their crime. They were trying to keep that story quiet .

I see how wrong I was. The hate and discontent between drivers in the Chicago area is so much better to watch. :popcorn:
I've petitioned the IOC to review "incredible crying" for inclusion in the 2016 Summer Games. ;-O

10 cent, you're wrong. Direct from the KC Newspaper: The cases involved claims that black employees of Yellow Transportation Inc.’s Chicago Ridge, Ill., terminal were subject to a racially hostile work environment, including allegations of ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ graffiti, hangman’s nooses and other comments, as well as management subjecting black employees to harsher discipline and more difficult work assignments. The terminal closed in 2009 following the merger of Yellow and Roadway Express, though the employees continued to work at YRC’s Chicago Heights facility.

I GOT MY FACTS RIGHT! I WORKED HERE. PS: 2 years ago was just AFTER the Merger, and also after the fact of this lawsuit. (Sensitivity Training, so we wouldn't be Politically Incorrect)(You wouldn't really want to offend a Democrat, now would you?)

Offend? You mean like going out to eat at Chick-fil-A? LOL!!!

They would get their territory back, do you know, YRC (318) pick ups freight in Bedford Park, drives it to Bolingbrook, where they sort it and then send it to 309, where we sort it again before its loaded and on the road to where ever?

How far is Bolingbrook from Bedford Park? Oak Lawn? Berwyn?--add those miles, that fuel, that drivers time and then double it because it has go from Bolingbrook back to the Heights (where it's handled again) before it has a chance to on the road to where ever the customer is sending it!

You sound like a district mgr.