Yellow | The Ridge has a New Roof!

Why do the shuttle drivers drive so slow? I've been hearing about that for years. Doesn't any one watch them? How do they get away with it? Is management afraid to mess with these big bad 705 drivers? If they can get away with it....then more power to them. I have a gut feeling that changes are coming though. Can you say GPS?

Why do the shuttle drivers drive so slow? I've been hearing about that for years. Doesn't any one watch them? How do they get away with it? Is management afraid to mess with these big bad 705 drivers? If they can get away with it....then more power to them. I have a gut feeling that changes are coming though. Can you say GPS?
How about monitoring and drug testing the dockworkers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was refering to the vandalism done at 301. Was wondering which company those people came from and if they are now doing time for their crime. They were trying to keep that story quiet .
They came strait out of the 309 terminal and the co that was in there before the merge. Guess 1 manager needed stuff for a farm.

Come on a move to 301 will add 2 tolls AND 30+ miles to YOUR bid destination. And how many bids do we have to 218/211?
First off, only 1 toll if you go by the routing. 359 was the paid miles to 218 before the merge, and finally, we had more bids out of 301 than we have now at 309 because an ex terminal manager did'nt want bids only extra board. I know it kills you not to have friends sitting behind the windows telling you what time to hold for so you can get a better run. Now since the merge the mood has lightend alot behind the windows now that dawson is gone.

First off, only 1 toll if you go by the routing. 359 was the paid miles to 218 before the merge, and finally, we had more bids out of 301 than we have now at 309 because an ex terminal manager did'nt want bids only extra board. I know it kills you not to have friends sitting behind the windows telling you what time to hold for so you can get a better run. Now since the merge the mood has lightend alot behind the windows now that dawson is gone.
Look Einstien do the math. 15 each way and 1 toll each way, duh....... Additionally I have had a bid since 1994 so I have NO freaking idea what the rest of your turd of a post is about. I couldn't care less who is the manager all I have to do is my job. But I guess for @$$ kissers like you having Mike W back helps. But look around almost EVERYONE in relay is heritage Roadway. And I don't see any difference in how ANYONE is treated.
One last thought. You had more bids to Cleveland because there was more freight being handled 5 years ago! :-O

OK Ladies and Gentleman I have a serious question for you'll . Why does EVER Chicago thread always turn into the same old **** Yellow vs Roadway ? I mean I knew this was going to happen from the very first post when the Dime used this
they will keep 60 (tear driven Rdwy guys, I'm sure) guys to clean out the ****hole called 309,
but I was hoping maybe the same old **** wouldn't happen for the 100th time . But I was wrong . I also am getting tired of PM's like this
why do you always stick up for the yellow guy's all they do is cause problems on here
and don't you know I also get this ****
all I see is you protecting the roadway people how about being fair to everone and not only ******** roadway drivers .
. So as you can see I can't win for losing LOL . It's been how many years now since the merger happen so can anyone give me a heads up about how much longer this hatred will be going on ? Thanks R-14Driver OUT !

OK Ladies and Gentleman I have a serious question for you'll . Why does EVER Chicago thread always turn into the same old **** Yellow vs Roadway ? I mean I knew this was going to happen from the very first post when the Dime used this but I was hoping maybe the same old **** wouldn't happen for the 100th time . But I was wrong . I also am getting tired of PM's like this and don't you know I also get this **** . So as you can see I can't win for losing LOL . It's been how many years now since the merger happen so can anyone give me a heads up about how much longer this hatred will be going on ? Thanks R-14Driver OUT !

It's just like the Hatfields & McCoys. RDWY v YELL. We were trained to hate each other. Old habits are hard to break. This will continue until the end of time. Each heritage has it's pro's and con's. I'll stop here before I dump and make the other side mad.

It's more than the water, lets count the ways.

1. 300 doors under 1 roof, not the 250 on one and 200 on another, Does any one really know how many times freight is handled?

Pad to strip door, strip door to shuttle door, shuttle moved to another strip door on opposite dock, strip door to destination door. That's if it cross loaded each time, if it isn't cross loaded, you need 6 dockmen and spotters to move one bill.

2. Brighter and safer, everyone knows 309 is barely lit like a 1950's parking garage.

3. 309 electrical system is in underground vaults that flood every time it rains, making it even worse.,

4. The shop is bigger and better, did you know the mechanics have to crawl under the tractors to change the oil, 309 does not have oil change pits. Fueling is indoors, not a 1930 style gas station like 309

5. Rail yard is 20 minutes away, this is huge, since we rail so much freight, ask any of the 705 drivers they'll tell you how much better of a location the Ridge is.

6. The vast amount of space at the Ridge will allow for easier movement on dock, there are no posts, pillars, cinder block buildings to get in the way.

7. You don't need to tie up doors with storage trailers at the Ridge, OSD, supplies, fuelers, propane, all these trailers waste space that can used for moving freight instead of getting in the way like they do at 309.

There are large separate areas for these functions under the big house roof.

8. The tube system at the ridge works, at 309, all bills (coming and going) have to be walked from dock to dock. Huge safety issue, especially at night.

9. The yard at the Ridge has modern and efficient lighting, not a few telephone poles with 1 light pointed in the wrong direction

(Just look at ABF's lighting) next time your at 309 at night, that's how a yard should be lit.

10. The Ridge is in a much nicer area, restaurants, gas stations, Dunkin Donuts all can be walked to and from. More choices of ordering food and having it delivered for lunch.

11. 309 barely pick ups 200 bills a night from it's P & D drivers, that doesn't pay any bills, a move back to the Ridge will mean 800 to 1000 pick ups a day, which will generate to revenue to pay everyone and every thing.

Right now I guarantee you 309 is operating at a huge loss, a terminal this size in a major metro area like Chicago should be making money!

12. Best of all I live less that 20 minutes from The Ridge, and I would guess it easier for most guys to get to the Ridge.
Truth be known by every one Fact is that the Ridge is superior in every imaginable way , thats a fact even those guys that complain about CGB know that, management included Welch knows . Ask the Roadway guys that live in Palos ,Worth , Oak Lawn and around CGB/300 that had a chance to bid to the Ridge when the merger began what they thought about the move and they will tell ya how much better it was . Fact is 309 has a lot of guys that live in Indiana and they don't care about a nice terminal they don't want the extra miles to drive to and from work . I get it I wouldn't want it either .That's the whole thing in a nut shell .

Look Einstien do the math. 15 each way and 1 toll each way, duh....... Additionally I have had a bid since 1994 so I have NO freaking idea what the rest of your turd of a post is about. I couldn't care less who is the manager all I have to do is my job. But I guess for @$$ kissers like you having Mike W back helps. But look around almost EVERYONE in relay is heritage Roadway. And I don't see any difference in how ANYONE is treated.
One last thought. You had more bids to Cleveland because there was more freight being handled 5 years ago! :-O
So we will not take into account the extra milage to the rails? The lack of having to cross dock loads? Or any of the other facts that were brought up here? As far as a$$ kissing, I thought you were above that level of diatribe. guess I gave you more credit than that, I was wrong.

I have question to ANYONE. When the decision to close Chicago Ridge and consolidate to Chicago Heights, where was it made? And why?
NO speculation FACTS!

I have question to ANYONE. When the decision to close Chicago Ridge and consolidate to Chicago Heights, where was it made? And why?
NO speculation FACTS!

The same place that con-ed out of are 15%,a weeks vacation and are pension. the why part 309 was newer.

How about monitoring and drug testing the dockworkers.

I could not agree with you more. Nothing stopping a dockman from smoking half a bean on the way in and then hopping on an 8,000 lb, forklift for 8 hrs. In many ways, the dock is a much more dangerous place to work than the yard or road. Only difference is- public safety or DOT do not come into play.

R-14Driver said:
OK Ladies and Gentleman I have a serious question for you'll . Why does EVER Chicago thread always turn into the same old **** Yellow vs Roadway ? I mean I knew this was going to happen from the very first post when the Dime used this but I was hoping maybe the same old **** wouldn't happen for the 100th time . But I was wrong . I also am getting tired of PM's like this and don't you know I also get this **** . So as you can see I can't win for losing LOL . It's been how many years now since the merger happen so can anyone give me a heads up about how much longer this hatred will be going on ? Thanks R-14Driver OUT !

In the real world, not the cyber world of TB, there is little of us vs. them. Maybe venting,I don't know.

Chicago Ridge 301

Like PF said at a 710 union meeting, YELLOW people will always be yellow people and roadway people will always be roadway people. Your not going win that one. That just the way it is.

These and many more problems could have been averted had they no put out the flames in 1871.

Like PF said at a 710 union meeting, YELLOW people will always be yellow people and roadway people will always be roadway people. Your not going win that one. That just the way it is.

Where do us new guys fall in? I don't have a job with you guys yet, but if I get hired I'm hoping I'm gonna have a place to find my niche and some guys to help me get up to speed only new job, especially since I'm hoping to be around for a while...

Where do us new guys fall in? I don't have a job with you guys yet, but if I get hired I'm hoping I'm gonna have a place to find my niche and some guys to help me get up to speed only new job, especially since I'm hoping to be around for a while...
You will be welcomed. Just don't get sucked in to the who was better debate. Nearly everyone will help you find your way.