The road to throwing groceries with PFG as to MAVERICKBUBBA

maverickbubba

TB Lurker
Credits
[Hey guys I'm going to try to do this thread to let people know what it like throwing groceries for PFG. I would like everyones help. The only thing I ask is lets keep it positive. Most of the time a job is what you make of it.
From the start I had been looking for a job like this. I think it will be a great job for me. I like the vending part you are pretty much your own boss. I have done everything from delivering Coke to boxes with FedEx which is what I'm doing now.
I found the ad for this job on simplyhired.com but it didn't hurt I got a friend thats a salesman for them. So I put the app in and they called me for a interview. I went to the interview and watch a video and talked with the guys about the job and they gave me a chance. So I went for the work well test on Friday and have the physical on Monday. I guess as long as past the background and drug test I got the job. Which wont be a problem. More to come.

Your a Maverick Bubba, you will do fine, they will load the cart and you will unload it in good time, RR, Money, Rowdy, Matt, Stone, and myself, we all have your back, if I forgot anyone, I'm sorry, I'm tired, still trying to recover from the 1103 cases I had to do friday..please forgive.

hey maverick bubba and all my fellow food drivers out there. it's been a busy summer in ny this summer. just wanted to say hello to all you guys, and welcome aboard to the crazy world of delivering food bubba. see ya, stonecold

hey maverick bubba and all my fellow food drivers out there. it's been a busy summer in ny this summer. just wanted to say hello to all you guys, and welcome aboard to the crazy world of delivering food bubba. see ya, stonecold
I wondered where you have been its been busy here too, I hav been on days, got bid out of nights again for the next nine months, then they call me today and ask if I would cover the #1 night guy who is on vacation, I told them no, I got bid out twice and I want to run my bid, I'm waiting on my boss to call me now and tell me I have no choice.

The one thing I can add the boss said my route will be in Birmingham, Al which is at least 200 mi round trip so the mileage pay will be pretty good.

Thats good right off the bat Bubba, when I was at PFG the way I made money was to run the miles, I couldn't do it any other way, the more miles, the bigger the pay day.

Yeah the way I figure it should be $850-$900 a week and thats low balling it. Pretty good.
1000 mi x .31= $310
800 units x .15 =$120x 5 = $600
15 stops x $1.75 =$26.25 x 5 = $131.25
$1041.25

Yeah the way I figure it should be $850-$900 a week and thats low balling it. Pretty good.
1000 mi x .31= $310
800 units x .15 =$120x 5 = $600
15 stops x $1.75 =$26.25 x 5 = $131.25
$1041.25
Thats about right, maybe more Bubba, welcome to the club, don't get frustrated, it takes time, alot of time, but one day it will click and you will go from getting in at 1800 to 1400, it takes time though, thats what I tell all the guys I train at Sysco, give it time, and stay positive, if you have a miserable outlook or attitude, throwing groceries will give you all the misery you can ever hope to handle!!

I dont know how much are drivers make when broke down like that. I should find out since I'll be doing it soon

Yeah this is my truck. The boss said I would probably be on a 36 most of the time. I'm doing alright but the boss is with me. I did feel like a rookie driver though. I drove for the first time couldn't buy a gear!! i was so pissed at myself. I really never drove a 10 speed much. At Maverick we had autos. Now I'm paying for it.
As far as the job its alright. The route has a hospital, two Apple bees and a butt load of Italian restaurants. We start around 3 AM and the last 2 days been back around 1400 which I know it will take me longer when I'm by myself. But its nothing but a step for a stepper.
The route is around 200 MI, 300-500 pieces,and around 10 stops. Not as much as I thought but its properly a good thing till i get use to it.
One thing I want to ask does everybody think that we only deliver to them and go back home? Everybody wants to be first but don't care how long it takes to them to check you in! Well thats how it is in all the vending jobs I had.

Its like that Bubba, I always told customers, someone has to be first, middle and last, not everyone can be first, sorry. Everyone wants their stuff quick but once its in they take their sweet time, I go through it all day long.

They are going to baby you at first, once they think your ready, look out, however you will make more money once they start breaking it off in ya, plus the satisfaction you will get when you see that trailer empty.

One thing about foodservice that I love is you always feel like you earned your check, in this business you never feel like you had to back up to your pay check, I get tons of satisfaction from this job, just wait till you begin to make really good friends on your route, you have done it before, that makes the job that much sweeter, looking forward to seeing customers and they look forward to seeing you!

I'm proud Bubba, I'm so glad your one of us! With the work ethic I believe you have, just from listening to you, this is gonna be your favorite job pretty quick!!

How did it go today Bubba? You got support here! I'm sure you do at your barn too, I never worked a foodservice job where everyone wasn't really supportive.

The job is fine GT. I just have to work on my speed and shifting. Its pretty easy to figure out. You got the invoice and you know how many pieces of each part is going in just keep count and look for all the same stop numbers.
Friday we had like 650 cases, 11 stops, and 236mi. We worked 9 hrs. 300 at the hospital, 200 at Applebees so after we got those two off we had it whooped not to mention the hospital was on pallets

They got me on another route tomorrow and a guy that started before me on the route i thought was mine. So i called the boss after i heard it on dispatch tonite he said they are a couple of guys wanting this other route so they are swapping the new guys around to all the Birmingham routes to learn all of them.