The road to throwing groceries with PFG as to MAVERICKBUBBA

Man just found out they are going to move a couple of the routes that are in yard to B ham. Boss said it wouldnt cost any jobs but we shall see.

So far
so good. We still have all 3 of the new guys. Maybe we got some that will work. :15:

GT my boy made the All-Star team for B-ball.

So far
so good. We still have all 3 of the new guys. Maybe we got some that will work. :15:

GT my boy made the All-Star team for B-ball.
Sweet Brother, that boy is a chip off the ol' block!!! I know things will work out! I guess your a PFS man through and through now! Tell your son congratulations and keep up the good work from your old buddy GT!!

Wow, couldn't handle 300 cases a day? He needed to be gone...LOL, tell your son from me, it ain't about winning in the all stars, its because he was there, and good enough to be there, tell that little man I'm proud and pullin for him, as I am for you, I know your a proud dad, I'm just happy you can be home with him!!!! Thats very important in his development as a young man!!!

Well they fired a shuttle driver the other day for running his mouth too much. Didnt think they could do that but I guess they can. Anybody in north Ala. need a job we got a opening go to pfgc.com.

Hey GT one of the other guys in Bham said a lady from Sysco ask if he was from the Athens yard and gave him a card and told him they need help up here. I guess there is plenty jobs to go around LOL.

Well they fired a shuttle driver the other day for running his mouth too much. Didnt think they could do that but I guess they can. Anybody in north Ala. need a job we got a opening go to pfgc.com.

Hey GT one of the other guys in Bham said a lady from Sysco ask if he was from the Athens yard and gave him a card and told him they need help up here. I guess there is plenty jobs to go around LOL.

Sounds like it Bubba, tell the guy if its a union opco its all good, if not RUN!!!! I would and will NEVER work for Sysco out of a non union yard!

There is a very good reason for that Bubba, trust me on this one!

Yeah I dont never see the same driver twice.

Not sure what you mean by that, but I hate to fear for my job, here I don't have to, if some knucklehead mgr takes a dislike to me, and some have and do, I have some backing, 3 hrs a month dues are very well spent here. If your co-worker is thinking about it, tell him to think long and hard if its a non-union shop down there, just my advice.

I was just saying they dont keep the same guy on the same route. I talked to a couple of them and they said that they dont run the same route everyday. I do like the way we do it you run just about the same stops every week. I guess cause we only have 6 trucks in our yard.

We bid routes, we bid for the school year, 9 month bid, and then for the summer, 3 month bid, we run the same stops, must be a non union house, management can do whatever in those, they don't want a driver to get to comfy on a route, might not get the same productivity out of him. Sysco is a shady company, I never felt like that at PFG, but at Sysco, I think they are shady as shady comes. I don't trust them at all, I got my job stewards on direct dial, as well as my BA, out of 104 weeks of pay mine has been screwed up 56 times, something is wrong here, shady I tell ya.

I have to add, I love my job, and I DO believe in my company, I just don't believe in my opco, which is sysco oklahoma, I doubt other opco's run business as shady as ours does, they aren't the most profitable opco for nothin, we are on average pay now, till this new pay system takes effect, they are working the **** out of us and we are getting paid the same, that to me is wrong, they are taking it all to the bank and their numbers are looking great.

Yeah I have to say I got it pretty good at PFG. This is the best paying job I had beside being otr. There some sucky times but the pay is good. Plus you get a work out LoL. So just do like my mom all ways told me keep your mouth shut and your head down. LoL

Yeah I have to say I got it pretty good at PFG. This is the best paying job I had beside being otr. There some sucky times but the pay is good. Plus you get a work out LoL. So just do like my mom all ways told me keep your mouth shut and your head down. LoL

That last sentence is good advice but its not an option for me, I will not take a screwing quietly, my motto "I will not suffer in silence" I don't have to! :)

Hey Bubba,

So its been a month, how are things going at your house? Are things still going well and your making money and lots of it?

Give us an update Brother, we miss you!

Things are alright at home. PFG is a little slow right now. They added a extra route on so they give more stops to the newer guys cause they don't get the miles that me and the other guy do. We are in Athens and they are in Birmingham. Its about a $100 cut a week for me.
The rest is bad I was on vacation last week for my daughter graduation. I had a sore on my big toe thats been there for a while. So I went to the foot doctor. He looked at it and it was infected to the bone. So he went in to clean it out but when he got in there it was bad. He had to cut the end off. So I will be off a little while.