Central Transport | The Rumor Mill

Dock Man

Logistical Engineer
Credits
Ok come on let's here um.. what kind of rumors have you heard lately? I have heard the following recently.

1. Vitran is buying out Milian.

2. Vitran has purchased around a 100 or so new box vans.

Just heard about this the other day..

I hear Vitran wants to make all there dock personal part time and have the drivers work on the dock as well.:hide:

Don't know how feasible this will be because if they bring the line haul drivers in early to work the dock I am pretty sure that by Friday they would be out of hours.

Now from what I have heard they have started to implement this at a few terminals already, and not just satellite terminals we are talking about hubs.

st louis got rid of all dock workers.memphis drivers who run st louis have to work the dock for 4 hours when they get to st louis

st louis got rid of all dock workers.memphis drivers who run st louis have to work the dock for 4 hours when they get to st louis

How could that be. St. Louis - Memphis turn has to pay close to 600+ miles. I know at Holland it is closer to 630 miles due to terminal locations. How could you work the dock for four hrs and still make it back under the 14 hr rule?

Ok come on let's here um.. what kind of rumors have you heard lately? I have heard the following recently.

1. Vitran is buying out Milian.

2. Vitran has purchased around a 100 or so new box vans.

talked to a friend ( a tm at milan) he said that milan put out a letter stating they were not for sale. so that rumor is probably true