"The Sale"

Discussion in 'Saia' started by Dirty White Boy, Apr 29, 2006.

1. CFer

CFer Active Member

2. Brother Trucker

Brother Trucker Member

Hmmmm. Last time I stepped outta tha truck, it was red......and the logo......it was yellow! :duh:
    Anything said about buyouts etc is pure speculation until something official is released. Makes for good chatter though. :bgroovy:

3. Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy Member

Re: NFI buying anybody

NFI/ All they are is a remake of North American Van Lines and Midwestern Distribution/ Companies who PRETENDED to be in the freight business, but owed their existance to the "sale" of tractors to drivers. The tractors were "sold" over and over to wannabe o/o's who couldn't make it due to lack of experience, low miles, repairs, etc., but MOSTLY due to unscrupulous management systematically bilking them out of thousands of $$$.

Don't want any part of NFI!!! :Banned:

4. sheet climber

sheet climber Member

ding, ding , ding, no more callers..... we have a werner!!!!

5. imported_gabbydad

imported_gabbydad Member

Nfi

NFI is based here in Vineland, NJ. They were on the list to buy Jevic, but made a low offer from what I heard.

NFI is actually quite big. They own Sun Bank and also have a large cache of real estate holdings.

They are out of the running to buy us.

New is coming any day now.:bgroovy:

6. Carolina Cowboy

Carolina Cowboy Member

That is a total relief. I used to drive for NFI a few years ago. And it was a total nightmare. As for them owning a bank.Their paychecks are drawn on this bank. And my hometown bank didnt recognize this bank and put a 5 day hold on my checks. Low miles, Low pay, Garbage freight. Lots of food warehouses. No thanks. Not for me.

7. bignrich

bignrich New Member

(jim joe) 2 of there drivers from super -t was over at our place filling out a app for a job and told us also a dock worker was there filling out app also and all 3 had same story that they were not getting a check now and they did not tell them until end of day that they were done if it is a lie they told it i can not say for sure i did not here any official tell them that is what a dock and 2 drivers said if this is not true there (super-t) employees are saying it

8. hasbeenking

hasbeenking Member

Another ST goes down?????