FedEx Freight | the seniority process

Packerfan

TB Lurker
Credits
ok the merger is a go. now my question is how will the senority work?? I am just curious. I was a road driver for 9 nine years and went to the city last October. How will that affect me??? Will I be laid off??? Will I get bumped down??? or will they do a board realignment??? Nobody can give me a staight answer. Can someone please give me a straight answer with no B.S.?

ok the merger is a go. now my question is how will the senority work?? I am just curious. I was a road driver for 9 nine years and went to the city last October. How will that affect me??? Will I be laid off??? Will I get bumped down??? or will they do a board realignment??? Nobody can give me a staight answer. Can someone please give me a straight answer with no B.S.?

The way we were told is company senority will dictate who keeps their job and then once that is established job class senority will determin where you fall into the bidding process

If 9 nine years is high on the company senority in your area you will be fine. Since you have less then a year as a city driver you may end up on the bottom of the city board if national drivers come to your center with more city board senority

Here's the way I look at it, National/Watkins had to fill out a NEW APPLICATION when FedEx bought them. So at that time you was no longer a Watkins driver or a National driver you was a NEW HIRE. So in my eyes National seniority started then, might not be right but thats just another way FedEx """"" it's people.

From what I understand, the Watkins Company drivers date of hire will NOT be the day they signed on with FXF, but the date of hire with Watkins, as it was with National. In a lot of areas like the NE expansion, Watkins was in place for a couple of years before AF arrived, which means there may well be a few top dogs moving down the board a ways.

The National guys that are getting screwed are the ones that were former O/O's with watkins, which was really big on them. They were some of the first on the Watkins board but had to be new hires at national, which also bought many of their tractors during the buyout. You have guys with 12-13 years of actual service with Watkins/Nat'l, but on the boards are 4 year guys.

If 9 nine years is high on the company senority in your area you will be fine. Since you have less then a year as a city driver you may end up on the bottom of the city board if national drivers come to your center with more city board senority

As I understand it....

The ability to transfer will be based on the Watkins seniority...however where one dovetails in will be based on their current board seniority.

Rat

The powers that be knew this was coming down the pike many, many months ago. You would think that they would at least sat down and thought of what the questions might be from employees so that the meeting givers wouldn't look as confused as we are. You would think that everyone would know that the seniority and bidding would be question number 1, but no, they keep us in the dark on that simple, basic question too. We should have NO question as to how this is going to work. Instead, 15 different theories on how it might work.

No wonder people have such little faith in the nobs that run this company.

The powers that be knew this was coming down the pike many, many months ago. You would think that they would at least sat down and thought of what the questions might be from employees so that the meeting givers wouldn't look as confused as we are. You would think that everyone would know that the seniority and bidding would be question number 1, but no, they keep us in the dark on that simple, basic question too. We should have NO question as to how this is going to work. Instead, 15 different theories on how it might work.

No wonder people have such little faith in the nobs that run this company.

We were thinking the same thing at our center Franklin. We all know they didn't decide sometime last week, hey, lets do a merge. We can figure the details out when and if they come up, surely these employees wont have any questions about how this will all go down. It really makes you wonder how some of these big wheels got where they are today.:nono_h4h:

They don't think of us as people with a brain, all we are to them are numbers and numbers don't think. I guess it makes it easier to screw us that way also. In my opinion national was a failed company or they would've stayed separate and in a failed company that is no longer you are without job. They should have to rehire and start from there. Why should a driver who works for a company that is still open have to make way for a new driver. Yes we were both FedEx but we were always told we were two separate companies so why are people being allowed to dovetail and screw other people.

Ok so when we come to work at the freight terminals should we wear rain coats for when you throw the rotten tomatoes at us. Guess we shouldn't be asking for help from any of you?

They don't think of us as people with a brain, all we are to them are numbers and numbers don't think. I guess it makes it easier to screw us that way also. In my opinion national was a failed company or they would've stayed separate and in a failed company that is no longer you are without job. They should have to rehire and start from there. Why should a driver who works for a company that is still open have to make way for a new driver. Yes we were both FedEx but we were always told we were two separate companies so why are people being allowed to dovetail and screw other people.
Is this how you felt before you started at fxe? You could have been a Watkins guy, would you feel the same way then? From what I hear, fxe was losing money, so they combined two failed companies to make one good one. I don't think anyone at natl feels like using their seniority is "screwing" people. they put their time in and deserve it.

Ok so when we come to work at the freight terminals should we wear rain coats for when you throw the rotten tomatoes at us. Guess we shouldn't be asking for help from any of you?

One or several opinions on a forum board does not make up the general consensus of every freight driver.

Most drivers will just be minding their own business and grateful for keeping their jobs once everyone is merged.

Don't let a few mad drivers get to you. It is almost guaranteed that my spouse will not have his job at FedEx freight and he and others are not mad at any National drivers for it. It is what it is.

They won't be rotten because they would be too soft! No just kidding... :clappy: People aren't happy, but I don't think anyone is going to take it personally.

Last edited by a moderator: