FedEx Freight | the seniority process

From what I understand, the Watkins Company drivers date of hire will NOT be the day they signed on with FXF, but the date of hire with Watkins, as it was with National. In a lot of areas like the NE expansion, Watkins was in place for a couple of years before AF arrived, which means there may well be a few top dogs moving down the board a ways.

The National guys that are getting screwed are the ones that were former O/O's with watkins, which was really big on them. They were some of the first on the Watkins board but had to be new hires at national, which also bought many of their tractors during the buyout. You have guys with 12-13 years of actual service with Watkins/Nat'l, but on the boards are 4 year guys.

Drivers in the fedex west/ viking system will most likely have senority on the watkins/national drvers. In the southeast national drivers have been around since the early 80s. Company senority keeps drivers jobs. bidding based on departmental senority.

Packerfan, any time your looking for information, you need to give all the information you know about your situation. There is a myriad of possibilities possible. Some service centers are closing, some service centers are gaining or losing territories. Example Tucson AZ. The FXFN service center will be closing and there local drivers (no line haul drivers in Tucson at FXFN) will be following the freight to the FXF Tucson service center. They will dove tail in to the FXF system. There will probably be some at the bottom that will be displaced. At a large metropolitan area like LA, I'll use the FXF service center Anaheim Ca as an example. There is a FXFN service center in Orange Ca, right down the road from Anaheim. Neither yard will be closing but some territory will be exchanged. Orange will gain some territory from Anaheim, so some of the local drivers will be allowed to follow the freight. They will be allowed to transfer on company seniority from Anaheim to Orange, and dove tail in to the Orange system. Anaheim will be gaining some territory from the Los Angeles service center. The LA drivers will be eligible to transfer to Anaheim on their company seniority and dove tail into the Anaheim system. I hope this helps. Good luck TP

They don't think of us as people with a brain, all we are to them are numbers and numbers don't think. I guess it makes it easier to screw us that way also. In my opinion national was a failed company or they would've stayed separate and in a failed company that is no longer you are without job. They should have to rehire and start from there. Why should a driver who works for a company that is still open have to make way for a new driver. Yes we were both FedEx but we were always told we were two separate companies so why are people being allowed to dovetail and screw other people.

WE could ask you the same ??.

We that were with AF when all first started got to keep our seniority date. Viking guys kept their senioity date. Why shouldn't Watkins guys keep theirs? I personally have been re-configured / re-located, laid off, re-hired and had a purchase van push me out of a small center. I lost 9 years of company time. I still consider myself fortunate to work for one of the biggest, strongest LTL companies out there. Where else are you gonna make this kind of money and get your weekends and holidays off in the trucking industry? I am not gonna whine or quit. However, uncle FRED if you are reading this I refuse to move for you any more. Three times in two years is enough... It is being done in as fair a manor as possible. Where our guys are moving into national's centers they are dove tailing as well. It works both ways. And thus I quote the great American philosopher Rodney King when I say "Can't we all just get along?"

Sparky

Just remember however the senoirity works , It was not the drivers it was the company that came up with it . So if you happen to have an ex-national driver in your barn next year , dont blame him or her . Cant we all just get along .

can't we all just get along ....

please use a different saying ....here in middle America I watched on TV how well that went, when mr King got his rear kicked ... and then when the coppers got off.
I'm sure the people out west got a first hand look that they did not want...

I'll never forget the end dump driver on TV.

Ok so when we come to work at the freight terminals should we wear rain coats for when you throw the rotten tomatoes at us. Guess we shouldn't be asking for help from any of you?

When Bestway merge with Reddaway 3 years ago, same thing.We still have drivers looking at each other talking trash, like he's an X bestway driver, thats why he's lazy..Or he's an original reddaway driver,thats why he cries about his run... and on and on and on it goes....

I would really be disappointed to find out that what was done to the FDXNTL trailer on the drop pad in Miami last night wasn't random. I hope this isn't a sign of times to come. Remember guys we at national certainly did not ask for this. For the most part I think everyone will get along it's just the few that will probably hold a grudge that worry me. For those of you who are being cool, thank you. You and your families are all in my prayers. God Bless all.

All I ask is please be nice to me, it's not my fault. I'm just just a short, plump,shy in person, old lady who would like to spend her last 15 years working doing a job I kind of like. I very friendly when you get to know me. I'm sorry if someone at freight loses a job because of me. Why don't you get a buy out offer too?

You have almost ten years company time that keeps you on. Then when you become a road driver almost one year ago thats what you have for job class for road. Hope that helps good luck

I would really be disappointed to find out that what was done to the FDXNTL trailer on the drop pad in Miami last night wasn't random. I hope this isn't a sign of times to come. Remember guys we at national certainly did not ask for this. For the most part I think everyone will get along it's just the few that will probably hold a grudge that worry me. For those of you who are being cool, thank you. You and your families are all in my prayers. God Bless all.

What did they do?

I think I'm tired of this. Maybe I just want to go home to my little house on the lake. Get a job at 7-11. Grow a garden and fish.

We that were with AF when all first started got to keep our seniority date. Viking guys kept their senioity date. Why shouldn't Watkins guys keep theirs? I personally have been re-configured / re-located, laid off, re-hired and had a purchase van push me out of a small center. I lost 9 years of company time. I still consider myself fortunate to work for one of the biggest, strongest LTL companies out there. Where else are you gonna make this kind of money and get your weekends and holidays off in the trucking industry? I am not gonna whine or quit. However, uncle FRED if you are reading this I refuse to move for you any more. Three times in two years is enough... It is being done in as fair a manor as possible. Where our guys are moving into national's centers they are dove tailing as well. It works both ways. And thus I quote the great American philosopher Rodney King when I say "Can't we all just get along?"

All of you guys would do well to memorize this man's post! I was lucky that the center manager, and the regional V.P. were mature enough to overlook my attitude towards the company during the last reconfigure/realignment, and didn't fire my ass. Fair is fair! It doesn't matter what end of the stick you happen to be on, there is no gray area, fair is fair! If you are able to weather this storm, and hold on to a job, then you'll be able to avail yourselves the opportunities that await you. If not, I hope that it provides some measure of comfort that none of your coworkers wished any bad luck in your direction, and further, I bet you a dollar to a doughnut that every one of them will do their best to help you reconnect. We're all in this together, so we should all try to set aside our self centered tendencies. :grouphug:

All of you guys would do well to memorize this man's post! I was lucky that the center manager, and the regional V.P. were mature enough to overlook my attitude towards the company during the last reconfigure/realignment, and didn't fire my ass. Fair is fair! It doesn't matter what end of the stick you happen to be on, there is no gray area, fair is fair! If you are able to weather this storm, and hold on to a job, then you'll be able to avail yourselves the opportunities that await you. If not, I hope that it provides some measure of comfort that none of your coworkers wished any bad luck in your direction, and further, I bet you a dollar to a doughnut that every one of them will do their best to help you reconnect. We're all in this together, so we should all try to set aside our self centered tendencies. :grouphug:

Amen to this brother! Stand together and support eachother.

@worthless- Someone cranked it down to the ground. At least it was empty. If it would've had 40k on, oh boy. Could've been worse, I guess.

Well, anyone that treats a x-National employee badly is nothing more than a douche bag. They don't like this anymore than we do. They have to eat the same sh** sandwich we all do. Many will have to take bigger bites to boot! The only people that will profit from this are the ones that sit untouched in their ivory towers in Henderson and Miami.

Hopefully, there will come a day of reckoning, and they will have to swallow a bite or two, but until then, lay low, keep your mouths shut and grin as it dribbles down your chin.