FedEx Freight | the seniority process

No sir, he will bid his vacation as a 16 year employee. He will bid his job as a new hire in the department that he transferred to.
It has never been this way before .... job class seniority is for bidding vacation time even with a bump in .... I can introduce you to some drivers who thought that they were going to be #1 and made a BIG deal about it.... didn't work for them and they all have eaten a mess of CROW ...

This was with Arkansas Freightways, American Freightways, and Fedex Freight

Are you saying this is in the NEW fedex freights NEW rule book ?

When you call the HILL for a answer ...make sure WHO you talk to knows what they are talking about ??????? .. and can back it up ...

don't know who ever told you that a national driver could move back and forth when they wanted, but they fed you a line of crap. if you did that you went to the bottom on the board on every move amd never built any seniority. and that means you'd never see the street behind the wheel, cause the guys at the bottom of the board hardly ever got work. at least at our breakbulk that is

It has never been this way before .... job class seniority is for bidding vacation time even with a bump in .... I can introduce you to some drivers who thought that they were going to be #1 and made a BIG deal about it.... didn't work for them and they all have eaten a mess of CROW ...

This was with Arkansas Freightways, American Freightways, and Fedex Freight

Are you saying this is in the NEW fedex freights NEW rule book ?

When you call the HILL for a answer ...make sure WHO you talk to knows what they are talking about ??????? .. and can back it up ...

I'm not saying anything about a new rule. The Memphis terminal has always honored company seniority when it came to vacation bid, layoff/job protection, and equipment assignment, with the latter no longer being an issue, because the company can't seem to explain how they determine equipment assignments. It is true that ever since the original reconfiguration, Harrison doesn't really seem to care if the respective center managers conform to such things as what is being discussed on this thread.

AW

I'm not saying anything about a new rule. The Memphis terminal has always honored company seniority when it came to vacation bid, layoff/job protection, and equipment assignment, with the latter no longer being an issue, because the company can't seem to explain how they determine equipment assignments. It is true that ever since the original reconfiguration, Harrison doesn't really seem to care if the respective center managers conform to such things as what is being discussed on this thread.

AW
I don't how memphis does it ... is it called Memphis freightways ... like Dallas Freightways used to be called .....

We have some 25 year men here that have done the dance on the table at HRO and other such fits .... still bid from the job class seniroity on the runs and vacation

Who the heck gets to bid trucks ??????

i spoke with hr thursday aft 09/16/2010 about this. she told me that company seniority would be used initially with the merger. fedex national seniority is their hire date when they were watkins. So the two groups would be melded together based on company seniority. Then senority would be determined by job classification. So anyone including fedex national has more job classification seniority, they will jump ahead even if that individual has less company seniority than you. So if the fedex national city driver has more job classification then u they will jump ahead. I am in the same boat as u because I went from 12 years in the city to road 2 months ago. So my company seniority will not help me in the job classification. Now, if it is determined that there are too many drivers in any job classification then layoffs may occur. Then the company seniority would apply. So that will helps us in that respect. is this fair? absolutely not. whatever happen to taking care of the employee first. the bottom line to this is company is profit at any expense. every one is effected by this merger. they have just rewarded a underperforming division at the expense of another. this will surely not help morale whole lot. they may not be most admired and best to work for when the survey comes up.

I don't how memphis does it ... is it called Memphis freightways ... like Dallas Freightways used to be called .....

We have some 25 year men here that have done the dance on the table at HRO and other such fits .... still bid from the job class seniroity on the runs and vacation

Who the heck gets to bid trucks ??????

Did you catch the part where I said that equipment assignment is no longer an issue? Hasn't been for a number of years, but used to be a consideration with regards to company seniority, which is why I mentioned it to begin with. sheesh...,

i spoke with hr thursday aft 09/16/2010 about this. she told me that company seniority would be used initially with the merger. fedex national seniority is their hire date when they were watkins. So the two groups would be melded together based on company seniority. Then senority would be determined by job classification. So anyone including fedex national has more job classification seniority, they will jump ahead even if that individual has less company seniority than you. So if the fedex national city driver has more job classification then u they will jump ahead. I am in the same boat as u because I went from 12 years in the city to road 2 months ago. So my company seniority will not help me in the job classification. Now, if it is determined that there are too many drivers in any job classification then layoffs may occur. Then the company seniority would apply. So that will helps us in that respect. is this fair? absolutely not. whatever happen to taking care of the employee first. the bottom line to this is company is profit at any expense. every one is effected by this merger. they have just rewarded a underperforming division at the expense of another. this will surely not help morale whole lot. they may not be most admired and best to work for when the survey comes up.
Geezzz...Freight guys really think highly of themselves...I sure didn't miss that when I moved to Natl!! Everybody sat around at the same table BS'ing and freight had their little high school like clicks. I guess it's back to the clicks and back stabbing. BTW..why must you call Natl an underperforming division? I know your talking about the drivers..right?

Geezzz...Freight guys really think highly of themselves...I sure didn't miss that when I moved to Natl!! Everybody sat around at the same table BS'ing and freight had their little high school like clicks. I guess it's back to the clicks and back stabbing. BTW..why must you call Natl an underperforming division? I know your talking about the drivers..right?

I understand what you are saying, but not all of us are subscribers to that school of thought, (I'd like to think that the majority of us are not). I hate to broad brush either group just because a handful of them are reacting with their emotions instead of logic. As far as under performing goes, I happen to know for a fact that anyone with a brain knows it isn't the driver's fault, it's 100% managements fault!