Estes | The Sky Is Falling, The Sky Is Falling!!!

I'm confused you say we are losing the market share, if this is true it does not make sense of your post above, if anything me being sick should help out my fellow brothers at Estes. If you are still an employee you would know we are not slow, we are more busy this year then last at this time. So I'm not sure where you get your info from, but you might want to start reading another bathroom stall wall the one you get your info from is a bit out of touch.
My post said nothing about losing market share. I am sincere in wishing you well and do hope and pray that being off ill brings you no financial hardships.It is just a shame for a company that makes as much money as E does that they couldn't find a way to provide sick pay for their hard working employees. As far as being busier than last year I do not know where you get this info but even Rob E. himself has said in both the Estonian mag ,letters sent in mail and memos on bulletin boards in terminals that there has been a downturn in freight volumes as well as seeing it on the docks that I frequent.
Maybe some terminals are doing better than others but the industry as a whole has seen a decline in freight volumes. I know there sure seems to be a whole lot of empty trailers coming across I 70 and down I 15 into socal.

welcome to the "darkside" Estands4evil. From this day forward you shall be known as Darth Estands4Evil. Agreeing with me shall warrant you a visit from the black caddy with the guys in cheap suits, and Hoffa jr jackets showing up on your doorstep, be careful! :hysterical:

My point about what I was saying is that... 1) we have no freight on our dock, just like last year at this time 2) my point about not wanting the place to fold is that I dont want to see my friends be out of a job especially with the job market in our industry is.. I'm not on either side here I'm on my own I guess.. I want respect from our employer and let me say that I get none from my TM or anyone else thats in management that sets foot on our dock.. from Larry G down to our ***. Term Manager. The people that made the decisions to put our TM and assistant TM in place only put them there bc they know they can control them and not bc they know what they are doing. I respect everyones opinion here.. if you choose to not want the union thats fine by me. Most of the guys that I know "like how you are perceived here" the guys that dont need the union to protect their jobs they need a scuba mask to breath they have their head so far up managements behind and hence their job will never be at risk. Showing up and doing my job and being concerned for my future and my families by asking questions puts my *** in the hot seat and thats why I think WE need the union. You and anyone else that has never worked a day @ 024 has no idea what I'm talking about and will never until they do. Maybe you're a lucky one and have a good TM and guys that you work with aren't snitches trying to bring the boss an apple everyday, but that's not the case here.

As for your assumption about what I'd say or do or not do when or if Jr and or Rob would ever come to 024.. I'd never back down from wanting to ask my questions and get my opinions across. I'm a man amongst boys at my work place.. alot of guys talk the talk but don't walk the walk, not me.. I came here looking for a job and I'll leave here looking for another, just once in my pathetic career here at Estes I'd like for just 1 person in management to not be condescending toward me or the people that actually break their backs to make these guys and others as rich as they are. I've seen Jr Johnson on the dock once.. I also specifically remember him not saying one word to anyone but our TM who was following him like a lost puppy up the dock. Pathetic thats all I can say... I like our debates here I'm not and will not attack anyone.. this is the best place I have found to get info about our company and our industry.. I'd like to thank Truckingboards for it

I totallly agree with you on the condescending attitude from upper mgmt. I have seen jr and Wayne Y. on numerous occasions and have only gotten untruths and the old "We'll look into it" routine from them.I know many of my fellow workers have confronted them and it is just the same words without any effective changes.Some on this forum are willing to just roll over and accept the failings of this co. for whatever reason and without a unified voice and courage to make that voice heard there can never be any change for the better. I am not advocating anything in this post other than say that as long as I work here I will not stop from voicing my opinion that as long as we employees continue to sacrifice our time and make the effort to do a good job to keep this co. operating at one of the best ratios in the industry then in turn I don't think it is too much to ask that we be fairly compensated for our time and be provided the benefits that are a incentive to keep those said employees coming to work everyday with a positive attitude and desire to be successful.Unfortunantly I have seen some very good people leave from here and haven't been too impressed with the new ones I've seen hired.

Tell you what, for those of you with your comments that are STILL employees with Estes, do the rest of us a favor and quit! PLEASE! Maybe you guys can go work for another trucking company, hey maybe even ua union one! Lord knows this company doesn't need your **** poor attitudes bring the rest of us down with you into your fall of depression from the loss of the great G.I. To the rest who post in here that do not work for Estes anymore but just love to come in and talk trash, I wish you would devote your energy to a more noble cause like volunteering at your local homeless shelter, or soup kitchen. I am here only because of the on going trashing of a good employer who now through the changing times has bought out our old employer, but thats the business we are in, things change, companys fold, but most are man enough to move on. I will continue to monitor these forums and when I feel some D*&^% is trashing MY employer I will speak out. Be safe!

for someone who says they only see there family on the weekends you sure do find enough time to spend posting on the internet!:hide: why dont you spend more time with them instead of being estes good pr person:biglaugh:

been sick the past few days. had some free time :) but got to work tonight, company needs us positive drivers to come to work.

been sick the past few days. had some free time :) but got to work tonight, company needs us positive drivers to come to work.

I personally would like to thank you for coming to work with a positive attitude and I mean that seriously.If it weren't for some who did morale could be a whole lot worse than it is. Nice to hear you are feeling better and be safe.

Tell you what, for those of you with your comments that are STILL employees with Estes, do the rest of us a favor and quit! PLEASE! Maybe you guys can go work for another trucking company, hey maybe even ua union one! Lord knows this company doesn't need your **** poor attitudes bring the rest of us down with you into your fall of depression from the loss of the great G.I. To the rest who post in here that do not work for Estes anymore but just love to come in and talk trash, I wish you would devote your energy to a more noble cause like volunteering at your local homeless shelter, or soup kitchen. I am here only because of the on going trashing of a good employer who now through the changing times has bought out our old employer, but thats the business we are in, things change, companys fold, but most are man enough to move on. I will continue to monitor these forums and when I feel some D*&^% is trashing MY employer I will speak out. Be safe!

Well from the way he looks, they would probably offer him soup and shelter, and not think he was there to volunteer.:hysterical:

You know guys, bottomline here. This is a healthy forum and we can gain ground on here, but trashing is not healthy for any company. You all know these boards are watched by Jr and the rest back in richmond, and I bet they do care what their employees think. We do have a company line we call all call Richmond on. At my terminal if I have an issue I talk to my stupidvisor, if he doesn't give me an answer, I go to my TM. I can honestly say my TM always gives me the answer or correct an issue, weather it be sharing a truck with a slob, trailers not placarded correctly, etc. I know that if I am not getting the answers I want and I have done as the company asks, then I would call my Regional, if he doesnt know or cant fix it, then up the ladder till you talk to Richmond. It just pisses me off the fact that most of the people on here posting are EX employees who try to bring down the moral of the rest of us as much as the deny they have a hard on because they were let go, fired, quit cause they were getting screwed over. Bottomline they do not work with us. Sorry it is just something that really rakes on my nerves. As far as your post Mr. Elvis about my comments to Jeff. It really does not concern you seeing how you do not own these forums, if Jeff has an issue with it I am sure he is a big enough boy to let me know. Once again you stick your nose where it does not belong. My comments was not a ment as wishing harm on this site. I have owned a few sites myself over the years <no not animal p*on> and all it takes for a site to be trashed is having some jackass come into your forums get pissed off and hack or jack your entire site. Had it happen to me twice and it sucks a$$ to repair it. Luckly Jeff was smarter then me and didnt use phpnuke, everyone in there brother tried to hack my old site just because it was on nuke. I'm off my soap box and I'm off to work here in a few. you all be safe out there tonight, looks like its gonna snow tonight!

Well from the way he looks, they would probably offer him soup and shelter, and not think he was there to volunteer.:hysterical:

Not quite sure who you are talking about but seems to me you are on another one of your personal attacks.Like I've posted before if you have a problem with someone you need to sack up and either pm them or preferably face to face.

Not quite sure who you are talking about but seems to me you are on another one of your personal attacks.Like I've posted before if you have a problem with someone you need to sack up and either pm them or preferably face to face.

Okay there tough guy!! :hysterical:

Hey trucking for jesus, I guess this guy has been to the same bathroom stall as the other poster. Where do you sit and read the Estonian? Everyone seems to read that Estes is deader than a civil war graveyard but you. What gives? There is no problem posting in a positive manner. Just be positive that they are facts. Or you will be corrected.

Fact: I work for Estes, you do not!
Fact: My terminal is as busy or even more then last year at this time!
Fact: I have stated facts and you sir are going off of hear say like you stated, so if you dont mind I'm going to sit here on the toliet reading my estonian and when I get done I'm gonna wipe my elvis with this union card! FACT :p Over & out!

Fact: I have stated facts and you sir are going off of hear say like you stated, so if you dont mind I'm going to sit here on the toliet reading my estonian and when I get done I'm gonna wipe my elvis with this union card! FACT :p Over & out!

Amen brother!

Hey Defender Of The Universe,
You know, I thought I would try and turn over a new leaf. Maybe a kinder gentler Elvis was emerging. I convey a few kind words your way. Hoping for some sugar sent back in my direction. But look at you. Don't mistaken my kindness for weakness. Be very carefull. Elvis out ....

Not very brotherly like?

If your gonna use a union card to wipe your a$$ why do you have to insult my brother Elvis the king of working stiffs thats very Christian of you my friend and besides I think you might enjoy those Cards. how was the snow i miss it only have to deal with the fog! :smilie_132:

I lead the charge at terminal 299 indy ca

My point about what I was saying is that... 1) we have no freight on our dock, just like last year at this time 2) my point about not wanting the place to fold is that I dont want to see my friends be out of a job especially with the job market in our industry is.. I'm not on either side here I'm on my own I guess.. I want respect from our employer and let me say that I get none from my TM or anyone else thats in management that sets foot on our dock.. from Larry G down to our ***. Term Manager. The people that made the decisions to put our TM and assistant TM in place only put them there bc they know they can control them and not bc they know what they are doing. I respect everyones opinion here.. if you choose to not want the union thats fine by me. Most of the guys that I know &quot;like how you are perceived here&quot; the guys that dont need the union to protect their jobs they need a scuba mask to breath they have their head so far up managements behind and hence their job will never be at risk. Showing up and doing my job and being concerned for my future and my families by asking questions puts my *** in the hot seat and thats why I think WE need the union. You and anyone else that has never worked a day @ 024 has no idea what I'm talking about and will never until they do. Maybe you're a lucky one and have a good TM and guys that you work with aren't snitches trying to bring the boss an apple everyday, but that's not the case here.

As for your assumption about what I'd say or do or not do when or if Jr and or Rob would ever come to 024.. I'd never back down from wanting to ask my questions and get my opinions across. I'm a man amongst boys at my work place.. alot of guys talk the talk but don't walk the walk, not me.. I came here looking for a job and I'll leave here looking for another, just once in my pathetic career here at Estes I'd like for just 1 person in management to not be condescending toward me or the people that actually break their backs to make these guys and others as rich as they are. I've seen Jr Johnson on the dock once.. I also specifically remember him not saying one word to anyone but our TM who was following him like a lost puppy up the dock. Pathetic thats all I can say... I like our debates here I'm not and will not attack anyone.. this is the best place I have found to get info about our company and our industry.. I'd like to thank Truckingboards for it
Wishing you good luck and hoping you winyour fight i worked for Gi for 20yrs, and now im happy at ABF stay together and dont let them scare you for you have rights!