TForce | The snow,and ice on trailer roofs have to be addressed again.

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
I remember all of us who are working at the cold,and snowy northern terminals were addressing this issue last year around this time.
A lot of us had ideas we shared with,one another.
But as far as I know nothing was every settelted on the best way to remove this possible traffic hazard.

When we have a snow storm,and our trailers get snow on the roofs.
The sun comes out before some of these trailers are moved in our terminal yards.
Some of the snow starts melting.
then the temps drop off at night.
Which forms ice under the snow.
Then one of these snowy,and icey trailers is loaded.
We have no safe way of removing any of this winter condition.
We start down the street to our first stop,and we have a snow storm blowing on the vehicles behind us.
We hit a few pot holes,or bounce over some rail road tracks.
Which causes the ice to break up,and slide off on anything,or anybody around,or behind us.

I've hit the brakes before,and have had some of this roof ice hit my cab window so hard I thought it would break the window.

I called our safety department on this today.
They are looking into this dangerous condition,and are going to address it some how.
keep posted for an answer in the future.

I remember all of us who are working at the cold,and snowy northern terminals were addressing this issue last year around this time.
But as far as I know nothing was every settelted on the best way to remove this possible traffic hazard.

The sun comes out before some of these trailers are moved in our terminal yards.
We start down the street to our first stop,and we have a snow storm blowing on the vehicles behind us.
Which causes the ice to break up,and slide off on anything,or anybody around,or behind us.

I've hit the brakes before,and have had some of this roof ice hit my cab window so hard I thought it would break the window.

They are looking into this dangerous condition,and are going to address it some how.

Sorry APO. it is not a laughing matter but.:hysterical::biglaugh::hysterical: Do not expect a reply anytime soon.

Sorry APO. it is not a laughing matter but.:hysterical::biglaugh::hysterical: Do not expect a reply anytime soon.

Well now that we are UPSers if a hunk of ice slides off any trailer roofs and goes through a car windshield taking out any of the occupents.
Who is going to be held accountable?

Well now that we are UPSers if a hunk of ice slides off any trailer roofs and goes through a car windshield taking out any of the occupents.
Who is going to be held accountable?

We have gone through this year after year with Logan C. Don't expect anything to get done about it. The only way to remove the ice that forms under the snow on the trailers is to climb up there and take it off by hand. The company does not want employees up there. If it looks like it might be a problem with visable ice hanging off, Then you could take it to the shop (if you have one) and have the mechanics address the problem. (they won't be happy) Don't expect anything to get done about it.

We have gone through this year after year with Logan C. Don't expect anything to get done about it. The only way to remove the ice that forms under the snow on the trailers is to climb up there and take it off by hand. The company does not want employees up there. If it looks like it might be a problem with visable ice hanging off, Then you could take it to the shop (if you have one) and have the mechanics address the problem. (they won't be happy) Don't expect anything to get done about it.

This is exactly what they told me 20 years ago.:hysterical:

This is exactly what they told me 20 years ago.:hysterical:

Well I talked to Logan yesterday,and he says that they are really trying to address this difficulty this winter season in all of the northern terminals.

Being that we are now a UPS company,and their drivers are held accountable for every negative traffic issue.
No matter what happend in the past with every trucking company just looking the other way.
Telling us drivers not to worry about this.
Something is going to have to be done ASAP.

Well I talked to Logan yesterday,and he says that they are really trying to address this difficulty this winter season in all of the northern terminals.

Being that we are now a UPS company,and their drivers are held accountable for every negative traffic issue.
No matter what happend in the past with every trucking company just looking the other way.
Telling us drivers not to worry about this.
Something is going to have to be done ASAP.

Governor Rell: Governor Rell: Failure to Remove Snow and Ice on Top of Vehicles Is Against the Law and Is Being Enforced

It looks like the government is going to start holding trucking companies responsible for this negative winter condition.

I guess something will have to be done now other than passing the buck to us drivers.

My wife is a school bus driver,and she says they have the same thing with their big busses.
even driving threw the bus garage wash bay doesn't remove all the ice.
They have snow rakes,but can only reach the sides.

So if laws are just put on the books of northern states without any solutions to address this issue by companies with high profile vehicles.
Fines will be collected,untill all the companies can comply with the law.

Governor Rell: Governor Rell: Failure to Remove Snow and Ice on Top of Vehicles Is Against the Law and Is Being Enforced

It looks like the government is going to start holding trucking companies responsible for this negative winter condition.

I guess something will have to be done now other than passing the buck to us drivers.

My wife is a school bus driver,and she says they have the same thing with their big busses.
even driving threw the bus garage wash bay doesn't remove all the ice.
They have snow rakes,but can only reach the sides.

So if laws are just put on the books of northern states without any solutions to address this issue by companies with high profile vehicles.
Fines will be collected,untill all the companies can comply with the law.

I pulled into a private yard one time and they had a thing
set up and it said "Drivers please clear snow from trailer roofs."
All it was a 13'7 thing of steel arch and you pulled under and it
would scrape the roof clear then the yard guy would keep the
path clear when there was lots of trucks pulling under it. Neat
idea don't you think ?

I pulled into a private yard one time and they had a thing
set up and it said "Drivers please clear snow from trailer roofs."
All it was a 13'7 thing of steel arch and you pulled under and it
would scrape the roof clear then the yard guy would keep the
path clear when there was lots of trucks pulling under it. Neat
idea don't you think ?