TForce | The snow,and ice on trailer roofs have to be addressed again.

I am a former CEO of a major trucking company who poses as a driver. I use my previous knowledge to help UPSF makes it's pivotal jump to the top and become the #1 LTL in the world. Please forgive us if you are delivering oversize stuff UPS Parcel can't touch.
I still have deep inside connections with my former companies dealings.
I also built the snow scraper contraption and want someone to buy it. :hysterical::1036316054:

Another GOLF CART CONSPIRACY?????????//:biglaugh::biglaugh:

In NBR we're supposed to get a electric snow boom. Within the next few weeks,allegedly. We've brought this up since the terminal opened. Glad it only took a couple of years and a handful of accidents to address.

I read this yesterday. It appears as if Pennsylvania law allows the State Police to use discretion on who they ticket.Welcome to whp580.comThe truck driver, Earl Seese II, was stopped after motorists followed him and called police. State police say he won't be charged because no one was killed or seriously injured.

pennsylvania law also took the responsibility off the trucking companies. If someting happens its the driver's fault, so drivers are left with two options, some how climb up and clean your trailer risking your life or serious injury, or take your chances and hope that you don't kill or injury somebody so you will not lose your job. :USA:

Diad Delay Mania

My question is very simple. Suppose we had these scrappers put in everywhere. After you go thru it, who removes all the snow and ice that hits the ground?

I can see it now. After a few trailers go thru it, there would be too much snow to drive thru and tractors would get stuck causing a weather related delay. Others that are behind the stuck tractor would put themselves in delay under stuck in traffic, while others would break line enroute themselves to the shop for new drive tires because they know their tires do not have enough tread to make it thru. Obviously if this happens, they would put down delay at shop for repairs.

Now knowing this is the way we operate, corporate has decided to skip the added expense and have us take our chances on the street!!! :biglaugh:

My question is very simple. Suppose we had these scrappers put in everywhere. After you go thru it, who removes all the snow and ice that hits the ground?

I can see it now. After a few trailers go thru it, there would be too much snow to drive thru and tractors would get stuck causing a weather related delay. Others that are behind the stuck tractor would put themselves in delay under stuck in traffic, while others would break line enroute themselves to the shop for new drive tires because they know their tires do not have enough tread to make it thru. Obviously if this happens, they would put down delay at shop for repairs.

Now knowing this is the way we operate, corporate has decided to skip the added expense and have us take our chances on the street!!! :biglaugh:
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH, AN ELECTRIC BOOM CONSPIRACY...............:biglaugh::hysterical:

My question is very simple. Suppose we had these scrappers put in everywhere. After you go thru it, who removes all the snow and ice that hits the ground
From the video in the link. The snow gets scraped and is pushed to the sides and down a chute. This allows the next tractor trailer to enter without having to roll over the pile.
Obviously this either needs some space and someone to remove that pile or have it set up in a remote area of the yard without the need for anyone to clear out the pile.

I've seen the homemade version where the snow is removed from the trailer but ends up directly behind it making it harder for the next trailer to go through.

What the heck are all of you rookies whinning about?
Just chain up your drives that will get you through.

But poking fun at this serious issue isn't the answer.
What will UPS say if a large hunk of ice slides off the roof of a trailer your hooked to,and goes threw a 4 wheelers windshield?

Its not going to strike any of us as a laughing matter in that case.

We've learned of how UPS deals with crashes that their drivers are involved in.
They write the check to cover all the damages,and charge their driver.

One other note on this CT. seems to be the first state in line to put a law on their books to start fining companies for the snow storm,the snow blowing off our trailers will be for anyone driving behind us.

So this is a real issue in the northern states that need to be addressed during this winter season,one way,or another.

What can us northern drivers do about this issue?

Stay home,untill spring when the snow all melts away?

Or look for a way the solve this safety issue?

In NBR we're supposed to get a electric snow boom. Within the next few weeks,allegedly. We've brought this up since the terminal opened. Glad it only took a couple of years and a handful of accidents to address.

I just loved the roof trusses they put on top of two old "O" pups to drive under to clean the snow off the top. I almost died when I saw that. I knew it would not last long. I guess they don't want to use the one in the fuel bay because of all the snow we had.

What the heck are all of you rookies whinning about?
Just chain up your drives that will get you through.

But poking fun at this serious issue isn't the answer.
What will UPS say if a large hunk of ice slides off the roof of a trailer your hooked to,and goes threw a 4 wheelers windshield?

Its not going to strike any of us as a laughing matter in that case.

We've learned of how UPS deals with crashes that their drivers are involved in.
They write the check to cover all the damages,and charge their driver.

One other note on this CT. seems to be the first state in line to put a law on their books to start fining companies for the snow storm,the snow blowing off our trailers will be for anyone driving behind us.

So this is a real issue in the northern states that need to be addressed during this winter season,one way,or another.

What can us northern drivers do about this issue?

Stay home,untill spring when the snow all melts away?

Or look for a way the solve this safety issue?

Make a snowman!:biglaugh:

And what will be the companies response when you encounter a low tunnel that only allows 13'6" trailers through? When the sensors go off and they give you a ladder and a shovel to clean it off or find another route. Or if the sensors are not working that day, and you get into the tunnel and hit one of the over head signs. Is UPS going to cover the $10,000 bill for repairs, or just tell the driver "Improper pre-trip, you take care of it"?

We just had a simular incident like this last week on our expressway around our city.
A pallet company truck had stacked a load of empty pallets to high on their flate bed.
the driver didn't make it to far down the high way,and wham-o he tore down one of the large signs and blew his load of pallets all over the road.
The expressway had to be shut down,to clean up that mess.

The Pallet company is going to have to spend all of their Christmas money on taking care of this crash.

So I do see what your saying regarding high packed snow on our trailer roofs being a hazard.

Simple solution. If your company will not clean the snow and ice off the trailer roof, pull out of the yard, park safely, and call a vendor. Been there, done that...........:chairshot:

Well thanks to the searching DOCKWORKER did on the internet.
I called my head safety department of my region,and now all the information we had for them is being taken into advisement.

So be careful out there.
We drivers are still on our own like everyother winter season.
I pray that we can all make it to spring without having anything negative happen,regarding us,and the cold snowy cobditions we northern drivers have to deal with.

As far as a chargable on this issue.
Who knows anybodys guess is as good as mine,and I'm clueless?

I called my head safety department of my region,and now all the information we had for them is being taken into advisement.

So be careful out there.
I pray that we can all make it to spring without having anything negative happen,regarding us,and the cold snowy cobditions we northern drivers have to deal with.

Last I spoke with Safety (logan) on this issue. It is not a chargable to the driver from the company. Its a chargable to the terminal the driver is out of. Now, What the police right you up for is a whole different story.

Well then BusterNite I just called him this weekend,and he wasn't sure what UPS was going to do about this issue?

He really hopes,as well as me that we don't run into a lot of this happening this winter season.

I know living in the cold snowy north thats wishful thinking.
He says UPS Freight doesn't really have the money to purchase these devices to remove the snow from the trailer roofs,for every terminal.

He said he also knew that UPS parcel already have some of these units at their parcel depots.

I know each one of these units goes for a good chunk of money.
The only thing is if more states like Conn.
get on the band wagon making laws about falling snow,and ice from high vehicles.
Companies will have to do something about it,or keep paying fines to the states with these laws.

To say this is a troubling issue for us northern folks is putting it mildly.

Like anything drivers we need to do our best,and pray nothing bad happens when we are out here doing our jobs.

So be careful out there.

You boys out there in snowy land should consider snagging one of them there Motor Cargo Temp. control units & turn on the heat and melt that ice & snow off the roof whilst having a cup of joe and doing paper work !!!!!!!!!!!

How are you going to get a refer to work at melting all the snow,and ice?
You are a dreamer.
I thought we could get two very big fans,and mount them up on the roof of our terminal building.
Its only one story high,then we could drive our equipment by the roof line,and the fans would blow the snow off.
Yeah right thats going to work,Ha,Ha,HA!!!

I think we are both dreamers regarding this snowy issue.

How are you going to get a refer to work at melting all the snow,and ice?
You are a dreamer.
I thought we could get two very big fans,and mount them up on the roof of our terminal building.
Its only one story high,then we could drive our equipment by the roof line,and the fans would blow the snow off.
Yeah right thats going to work,Ha,Ha,HA!!!

I think we are both dreamers regarding this snowy issue.
It`s a reefer, it`s a heater..turn the temp up to 80 or so & what do you think will happen? Hence the term temp control hot & cold- to keep from freezing or to keep from melting............

You are really unbelievable with this wild idea of yours Long days?
First we don't have any referes at my terminal.
If we did ,how would it melt the snow on all of our route trailers,at our docks,as well as the appoinment trailers,and trailers in the empty line,which are all parked outside?
Holy catfish Long days get real already.

You are really unbelievable with this wild idea of yours Long days?
First we don't have any referes at my terminal.
If we did ,how would it melt the snow on all of our route trailers,at our docks,as well as the appoinment trailers,and trailers in the empty line,which are all parked outside?
Holy catfish Long days get real already.
I`ll get back to you next Spring, after I do a little more research on this subject...