The Stuff You See

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
One thing interesting about doing this job for Gordon's is you get to see certain things I guess in a different perspective. My new route has me starting very early and there's places that I don't know what they look like during the day, kind of funny when you think about it.

This morning my first stop of the day was a key stop I thought it was a good little stop. 97 cases it was a restaurant/cafe in an office building in an office park out in a centrally located suburb of Cleveland.

You'd be amazed at how many of these office buildings all have a little snack bar or cafe/cafeteria inside of them. Usually the little snack bar or cafe is run by a vending company. Anyhow I had this one this morning and it's funny you go into these places and this one was pretty big, nice and clean though in a not brand new, but not really all that old building either probably built 20 or so years ago. At any rate though I sometimes think, I wonder what this place is like during the day. You know it's weird sometimes we have to go to these places that we normally do really early in the morning later in the day when there open and running and it's strange seeing them open with people working there and eating there and sun light shining through the windows. You get used to seeing these places empty at 3:00am.

It's like at these key stops were just ghosts it's the closest thing to stuff just appearing that there can be, think about it you work in a little cafe/office building cafeteria probably leave at 3:00pm in the afternoon and get in around probably 6:00am in the morning and when you walk through the door in the morning you find 97 cases of groceries that weren't there the day before, they literally just appeared.
I don't know it's just interesting seeing the world at 3am in the morning.

One thing interesting about doing this job for Gordon's is you get to see certain things I guess in a different perspective. My new route has me starting very early and there's places that I don't know what they look like during the day, kind of funny when you think about it.

This morning my first stop of the day was a key stop I thought it was a good little stop. 97 cases it was a restaurant/cafe in an office building in an office park out in a centrally located suburb of Cleveland.

You'd be amazed at how many of these office buildings all have a little snack bar or cafe/cafeteria inside of them. Usually the little snack bar or cafe is run by a vending company. Anyhow I had this one this morning and it's funny you go into these places and this one was pretty big, nice and clean though in a not brand new, but not really all that old building either probably built 20 or so years ago. At any rate though I sometimes think, I wonder what this place is like during the day. You know it's weird sometimes we have to go to these places that we normally do really early in the morning later in the day when there open and running and it's strange seeing them open with people working there and eating there and sun light shining through the windows. You get used to seeing these places empty at 3:00am.

It's like at these key stops were just ghosts it's the closest thing to stuff just appearing that there can be, think about it you work in a little cafe/office building cafeteria probably leave at 3:00pm in the afternoon and get in around probably 6:00am in the morning and when you walk through the door in the morning you find 97 cases of groceries that weren't there the day before, they literally just appeared.
I don't know it's just interesting seeing the world at 3am in the morning.
I think you may of been up to long..lol just playing mike

I used to have a dairy route delivering ice cream stores in the twilight hours. I used to get the biggest cup I could find and fill it up with a variety of ice cream flavors. It really hit the spot on those hot summer nights when they turn their A/C off and the freezers heat the place up to 110 degrees. That was when I learned that all ice cream stores are not created equal, some of them had much better product made with the same ingredients.