Central Transport | The tablet

Mondays all trucks back by 6pm, linehaul out by 8pm, rest of week, trucks back by 7pm linehaul out by 9pm. After July 9, everyday cutoff 6pm, linehaul back by 7am

Mondays all trucks back by 6pm, linehaul out by 8pm, rest of week, trucks back by 7pm linehaul out by 9pm. After July 9, everyday cutoff 6pm, linehaul back by 7am
This will be interesting since almost every day since we've had the tablets I have not gotten my last pickup dispatched to my tablet until between 5 and 5:30 and I am every bit of an hour from the yard, been hitting the yard no earlier that 7:15

Dispatchers should have a plan by noon as to who is doing what for pickups, but, it could be your loads are not coming in till late too, even we get that, but for the most part we have backed up pickup times by hours (depending on how far they are from yard) I usually have one or more picks by the time I even leave the yard on my tablet, yesterday had all but one listed by 2pm, last one depended on who was heading to yard first and how much room they had left.

Dispatchers should have a plan by noon as to who is doing what for pickups, but, it could be your loads are not coming in till late too, even we get that, but for the most part we have backed up pickup times by hours (depending on how far they are from yard) I usually have one or more picks by the time I even leave the yard on my tablet, yesterday had all but one listed by 2pm, last one depended on who was heading to yard first and how much room they had left.
that would be ideal but unfortunately at least from my point of view our "dispatcher" waits till your mt then sends out p/u after you reach him on the nextel, then won't do anymore till you call him again.

It is hard to say and opinion on that, being you could be Chicago with 5 trucks covering 25 square miles, or rural Texas where you are all by yourself for 75 miles in any direction like some of ours. If you are the latter, then I would go to your TM and voice your concerns as you are not given the overall picture till it is to late, no matter what the tablet says, you know closing times and who you can sweet talk after hours to still get loaded better than they do. We have a mix here, and those that are all alone complained that as soon as Dispatcher knows, they should know, and booooooom things worked better. I do not enjoy doing to many pics while doing deliveries, BUT, sometimes it works to your benefit as not having to backtrack by a certain time adding stress (no not here :crybaby:) With this new system, no questions, no phone calls, just drop and drag and put on my screen, if I see a problem I will call you.

that would be ideal but unfortunately at least from my point of view our "dispatcher" waits till your mt then sends out p/u after you reach him on the nextel, then won't do anymore till you call him again.

that's nice. and when most of the drivers finish the deliveries around the same time, you have to put yourself in a holding pattern until the dispatcher loads your tablet. and of course half of them are already closed or going to close when you get there. then the ones that were open are now closed because you were too busy driving to the ones already closed. chasing greatness turned to chasing our tails.

It is hard to say and opinion on that, being you could be Chicago with 5 trucks covering 25 square miles, or rural Texas where you are all by yourself for 75 miles in any direction like some of ours. If you are the latter, then I would go to your TM and voice your concerns as you are not given the overall picture till it is to late, no matter what the tablet says, you know closing times and who you can sweet talk after hours to still get loaded better than they do. We have a mix here, and those that are all alone complained that as soon as Dispatcher knows, they should know, and booooooom things worked better. I do not enjoy doing to many pics while doing deliveries, BUT, sometimes it works to your benefit as not having to backtrack by a certain time adding stress (no not here :crybaby:) With this new system, no questions, no phone calls, just drop and drag and put on my screen, if I see a problem I will call you.
I know what you mean and would love to be dispatched like this, I know the other day I emptied out at a customer then was sent 5 miles away for a p/u that closed in 5 min (according to tablet) then 20 miles in the opposite direction, then to a customer that was in shouting distance from where I emptied out for p/u that was called in 5 hours before I emptied out to one I drove right past to go to the first p/u, all of which were regular customers for me, so a few phone calls and all was good but a lot of wasted fuel and time.

Your Dispatcher needs to be educated if you have a tablet, click/drag/drop and you have it,not like he has to try calling you 20 times, like I said, providing you are that areas only truck, YOU NEED to know everything ASAP, you are a professional and can think for yourself as how to do things for the greater good. If they are sitting on something that should have been sent to you already, then something needs to be said. This is just one of the many things I am hoping CK changes, no matter how good one side does things (driver, dispatch,sales), and I hate using this term, but it is a "team effort" if we miss pics/drops, customers will go elsewhere (same with damage) I did miss some on purpose just to **** my dispatcher off (sorry to the customer) BUT, since then I know the bigger picture because it came down to do these two backtracking, or do these five where I am. Things have improved since I put my foot down, but more drivers need to do the same thing, and when you get back after a fiasco, grab the load tickets and look for a print out time, then you can chew some but over THEIR mistake.

none of the dispatchers and the t.m. at my terminal have been trained on the new tablets. you ask them a questions about them and they shake their heads and say i dont know. shouldnt they have been trained on them first?

My TM knows, and a few of us drivers who have smartphones of our own. Ask your TM who the responsible contact is.