Holland | The time for action is now!

jarhead13

TB Lurker
Credits
There is a petition circulating demanding that the IBT fulfill their promises of our current contract. Anyone that would like a copy can send me your email through a private message. Our Leadership has failed us. Each of us are the Union. The Teamsters are only as strong as the Membership. I am taking action to make this right. The time to take a stand is now. I implore each of you to take charge and take action at you Local and Barn. We can make a difference. I believe that we should all start with this petition. NLRB action should and will be taken against the IBT and the Company if these abuses do not stop immediately. This contract was negotiated in bad faith. Being a Teamster is not about taking scraps. We are the most professional and qualified work force in the World. We must have a fair days pay for a fair days work. The time is now, we cannot wait for anyone to take care of us. We must take matters in our own hands. I challenge every Local and Barn to have the courage to take action. It is never to late. We cannot wait until the next election or contract. If you do not act now, you will watch your job, seniority, and your way of life as you know it stop to exist. We cannot accept from any of our Locals or the IBT that this is just the way it is. The IBT orchestrated this mess and it is up to each of us to make it right. If we practice true Brotherhood we can return the Teamsters to the days of Honor.

I agree with Jarhead on most of his posts but dmtori you don't have a clue on whats going on at Holland. So maybe you should keep your opinions to yourself about whats going on at Holland or any other YRC companies. We hear so many "rumors" and "I was told by" stories here that we're kind of "tired" of hearing other peoples opinions about a subject we know about first hand for ourselves. YRC Holland just bought 30 brand new forklifts for our terminal, about 35% of our tractors are two years old or less, and we have every type of equipment that we need to move freight on our dock. Its not all gloom and doom, yes we have issues with YRC, but Holland is still a good place to work, we'll make it just fine. I can't wait to see what happens when the economy picks back up and we are running wide open again.

(At least at Holland we don't have to ask the teacher, I mean the dock boss, to go to the restroom like at another companies terminal in Louisville.)

I am not saying that everything is doom and gloom. The world will not end tomorrow. The fact remains that we were told lies about this contract. We must demand that things are made right. The time for b*tching is over. The time for action is now.

My post wasn't directed to you Jarhead, it was about dmtori's post. Sorry if you thought it was directed at you. If I ever agree with every post someone makes here, I think I'll retire. We all have different views on different things but for the most part we are all thinking the same way most of the time. Its just getting the few that think about themselves first every time that I have a problem with. Keep the great ideals and posts coming Jarhead.

As long as you're still alive there's always a chance for anything to happen, if you want it bad enough. Maybe not much of a chance sometimes, but still a chance. And, never say never.

Well benny since i don't know anything with my five word post continue on . it really sucks that i support what somebody else says and get the response you gave. i did not impart information that was wrong so therefore how could i have not know what i was talking about? But go ahead with your self proclaimed expertize MR Moderator.i will leave you to conduct your class sir.

the time for action was back in march sheeple

The time for action was in March. Most people believed their Leadership and this contract was passed. Hopefully enough of our Brothers will see the light and do something. We tried to tell them in March. It is never too late to do what is right.

1. Well benny since i don't know anything with my five word post continue on . 2. it really sucks that i support what somebody else says and get the response you gave. 3. i did not impart information that was wrong so therefore how could i have not know what i was talking about? 4. But go ahead with your self proclaimed expertize MR Moderator.i will leave you to conduct your class sir.

1. First of all, I only left four words of your post. Thats all as the Moderator of the Holland Forum, I felt was not incorrect from my first hand knowledge of the company that I personally work for. You were stating, your opinion of, what you felt might happen if this and that did or didn't happen. I conduct myself as I want others to conduct themselves on TB. I do report to Jeff the owner of TB, and my fellow Holland members on TB but I don't feel I have to even respond to you, but I will. Rule 12

2. Yes, you did support the post, but after your first four words you then made your own ideals known as far as what you thought would happen with your what ifs and if you don't do this or that's. I'll never try to tell you about your job or what your company does or doesn't mean about what they say or don't say. I'll repeat myself again, we on the Holland forum are "tired" of hearing about what other people think they know about our company. If you have facts to back-up your statements then yes, we want to hear what you have to say and then show us your proof. I've heard from so many people, that don't work for Holland, about how Holland was going out of business every other week for over a year now. I've heard the same stories about Yellow and Roadway too. We have other Mods that primarily take care of those other forums, so they make the decisions about what posts are edited or deleted on those forums, not me. My primary responsibility is to the Holland and Reddaway forums, and as the Moderator here, I decided that your post violated several rules and needed to be edited by me. If you have a problem with my job as Mod, PM me or report me to Jeff, that's your right. But don't ever disrespect me or any other Mod, again in a public forum or as a Mod, I'll make sure you receive what ever you deserve from me as a Mod. Rules 11 and 12

3. In my opinion, as Mod, you were stating your opinion about things you knew nothing about and were attempting to start rumors with your statements. Rule 12

4. Thats where you messed up. Don't ever disrespect any TB staff members for doing their jobs, period. Rule 11

Maybe you meant well with your thoughts, but I judged them to be false and in turn edited your post, if you disagree with my decision I'm sorry you feel that way. It was nothing personal toward you or your opinions but we don't need to hear any more negative comments from people that don't even work for Holland and can only tell what they think they know about our company. I would have preferred to have this discussion in PM but since you chose to make it public, I returned the favor. You can always discuss or debate with me or anyone else as a member, but when you called me out for doing my job, as a Mod, you were very wrong. I hope this ends this issue and I suggest that in the future you keep your thoughts about any staff members to yourself or take them through the proper channels.

Good job Benny and very well explained. Your moderating has brought our forum back to respectability. Good luck to our brothers in Southern Louisiana. Grizz

The time for action was in March. Most people believed their Leadership and this contract was passed. Hopefully enough of our Brothers will see the light and do something. We tried to tell them in March. It is never too late to do what is right.

members will remember this come election time ..... I think this is a time for a "CHANGE" in leadership :USA:

more power to jarhead

as members of this forum I THINK WE SHOULD READ WHAT HE HAS TO SAY :1036316054:
SORRY BENNY BUT I THINK WE SHOULD DECIDE FOR OURSELVES .. . MODERATOR OR NOT ...
MODERATORS HAVE BEEN WRONG BEFORE IN THEIR JUDGEMENTS ... ITS NOT LIKE UR GOD OR ANYTHING CLOSE DUDE

its clear to us that you are a city guy ... let the rest of us voice our opinion ...
or at least let us view anothers opinion ...

dont taze me bro

I believe in freedom of speech even if the guy speaking is an idiot and dead wrong.
Read it and dismiss it as crap if you like, or don’t. its (or should be) our choice.
Im very sure a lot of people don’t like a lot of what I write but its there to
Discuss, why im right or why im wrong and I think that’s what this site should be
About. Right?

thank you caddy and sterdock.the board is all about opinions,and the mods should not call names.i believe there is rule about that.

consider me kicked

thank you caddy and sterdock.the board is all about opinions,and the mods should not call names.i believe there is rule about that.
Yes, rule number 362 sub paragraph 27 line 6.
Nobody hates big brother more than me but you
Can try. I better shut up or I’ll get banned again.
:chairshot:

I think ole beany might get a little carried away with his "authority"
:tribe:
:hysterical:

maybe if "someone" spent a little less time on the puter and more time moving freight some of us might get outta loueyville on time .... :hysterical:

ok ok ok ok ... dont ban me beany :hysterical: my side is hurtin he he he

i don't mind being told i am wrong but i really don't care to be told i don't know what i am talking about on a message board full of opinions.
"carried away with authority" does that still happen? i thought that was fixed LOL