The" Trucking Bozo" Dale Sommers

Mike432

TB Veteran
PREMIUM
Credits
We lost a great one today.
The Trucking Bozo passed away today.
Dale Sommers
He was on the overnight trucking show at Radio Station WLW for 20 years, then was on The Road Dog on Sirus/XM for many years.
Didn't always agree with Dale,but he was one of a kind.
All told,Dale had more than 52 years in Radio. He knew the business and stood up for truckers.
Back in 2002, after the Washington DC shootings , He broadcast the info about the car involved on his radio show. A truck driver that
heard the info on Dale's show called 911, and was able to block the car in a rest area till police could arrive.
R.I.P

Yep,gonna miss him. Kept me awake a many nights years ago,way before satellite radio. Seen him one night in New Lisbon,IN when he used to do the live remotes. Could'nt get near him there was so many people in the place. Back then it was a Unocol 76 truckstop. Good times. God Bless you Bozo. ....from the Golden Gate to the Empire State, Truckin Bozo!

There will be a public memorial service next Saturday(Sept.8th),with plenty of truck parking in Mason Ohio. Going to
The TruckingBozo.com for details

I can't believe I missed this post a week ago...I enjoyed Dale's programs for over 25 years...Don't care much for the format nowadays though,but that's me...No shame put on the Dale Sommers Show...Rest in peace my friend, we'll see ya down the road.....

I started to write about Dale's passing but gave up on the post. I know he had been sick recently and had missed a lot of time. Who is going to blow up these drivers now? I haven't hooked up my satellite radio in a while now, I don't know if the trucking channel will be the same without him.

I started to write about Dale's passing but gave up on the post. I know he had been sick recently and had missed a lot of time. Who is going to blow up these drivers now? I haven't hooked up my satellite radio in a while now, I don't know if the trucking channel will be the same without him.

That's a understatement driver!!!