XPO | The truth about whats happening at XCO !!!!!!

You know it probably wouldn't have come to this if things were done fairly, but when a 26 year employee loses his pension, which was to be replaced by an additional percentage added to the 401k, only to see the replacement portion taken away while the new hire loses nothing from his 401k. Wouldn't it had been better to take an equal percentage from everyone instead of more from the senior employees, and why not start giving back to the ones who lost the most first? I have lost a lot from this company but the pension hurts the worst, I would have retired in a couple of years, now I may have to work till I die :(

Yes we got our pay back, and that's a good thing. But I'm trying to look at the future. I can live with the 4 weeks vacation I lost, the 5 days of sick pay, the 5 % pay cuts, the 401 k match, but when you take the 401k payments that were supposed to make up for stopping our pension, you're hurting me in the future. Pension went from around 3,000 a month to about 1,000 - 1,100 now (just had dsr retire with 24 yrs and he gets about 1100). This affects me in the future, and we will never regain the amount lost in the last 2 yrs.

The pension was frozen 6 years ago.. if that six years has made a differnce in your life or death, you got problems..

all i can say to that is WOW.you should go ASK for another paycut,or better yet to the previous two sign over your pension

We got the paycut back.. and I hope for a raise soon. The pension that I do have left, I use it to plan for retirement. It's not much, so I have to plan for the future myself. I considered quiting, but staying here is my best option..I'm doing just fine. I hope everybody else is also..

The pension was frozen 6 years ago.. if that six years has made a differnce in your life or death, you got problems..
It's not the fact that the pension was frozen, it is the fact that the amount you will receive was reduced by half, to be made up by extra contributions to the 401k plan (transition payments) which was acceptable if they hadnt stopped those contributions too. So, we got nothing for the loss of pension benefits. I know alot of you may not care about pension benefits, but I've been here 21 yrs and this was in my plan for the future. The reason I stayed here that long was the benefits (or more know the promise of benefits). So, YES this is a big deal with me.

We got the pay cut back....did we not?? your not saying anything about that. Did YRC get their paycut back. You need to get a life and get another job. If your that insecure with yourself maybe you need therapy. Everything is fine here. I make plenty of money and dont want somebody like you messing it up.
Better yet, buy you some stock and maybe you can be on the board of directors some day.

Oh yeah, and you mention UPS earlier. How can you compare conway with UPS?? Do you know how much money UPS makes compared to conway? When conway makes that kind of money, then I'm sure we'll have that kind of pay..

Your only saying the same things other people are bitching about. You don't know what you are talking about.. It's not that bad. Jeez..
yea ,aftyer 2 yrs we got back ourt paycut sparky,WHOOOHOOO!,while everybody but yrc got raises,get the picture,no you don't,first of all ups frt and ups package are separate entities,it's ILLEGAL to combine finances,they would have to LOAN each other money.third you have the gall to ask how he can compare ups to con-way,when all you guys compare yrc to con-way and that's all you base your foolish arguements on,1 mismanaged company.there are 500 other companies out there and all you guys come up with is yrc,REDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what the truth is in XCO now ? Everyone wants to know. But nobody wants to tell.

Funny things about this last post that caught my eye. YRC and con-way are both mismanaged, Zollars or Labrie... who did more damage ??? Of equal size. Both in terms of revenue and employees. Do the exact same job. LTL and not much more. But poor slimestones doesn't think it right to compare them. Interesting.

I wonder what the truth is in XCO now ? Everyone wants to know. But nobody wants to tell.

Funny things about this last post that caught my eye. YRC and con-way are both mismanaged, Zollars or Labrie... who did more damage ??? Of equal size. Both in terms of revenue and employees. Do the exact same job. LTL and not much more. But poor slimestones doesn't think it right to compare them. Interesting.
you have no clue of what happened with Zollars do you? He is the worst business man in the history of LTL. do some research on how he took power over there and the debt he racked up. you will see there is no comparison. I would have to say hands down Zollars. Hell he was even trying to buy a trucking company in China while we were voting on the first pay cut and they were telling us how broke they were.

you have no clue of what happened with Zollars do you? He is the worst business man in the history of LTL. do some research on how he took power over there and the debt he racked up. you will see there is no comparison. I would have to say hands down Zollars. Hell he was even trying to buy a trucking company in China while we were voting on the first pay cut and they were telling us how broke they were.

So, your third user name is YRCboardmemberguy? lol is that how you know so much..

yea ,aftyer 2 yrs we got back ourt paycut sparky,WHOOOHOOO!,while everybody but yrc got raises,get the picture,no you don't,first of all ups frt and ups package are separate entities,it's ILLEGAL to combine finances,they would have to LOAN each other money.third you have the gall to ask how he can compare ups to con-way,when all you guys compare yrc to con-way and that's all you base your foolish arguements on,1 mismanaged company.there are 500 other companies out there and all you guys come up with is yrc,REDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
read the contract YRC got and is getting there cost of living raise every year. They took a 15% pay cut that did not stop the cost of living.

boy,that's very intelligent,again all you'
re comparing is yrc,guess the brainwashing worked.i guess there are no other trucking or ltl companies out there.did yrc get too big,too fast,did they try to become a huge congomerate,did the economy tank and leave them in a bad situation,did EVERYBODY lower their prices and try to put yrc OUT OF BUSINESS,did it work,did they screw themselves in the process,is con-way making millions,have they given their employees raises,have they held the cost of ins,did they steal earned vacation from us,how did they pay for sco,safestack(stolen wages,401k,vacation)is yrc still in business,................................labrie was horrible so what's your point,did you not notice dougie was the president of conway inc,and is now INTERIM president of frt,he runs and ran the whole show ,glad you feel great that all other companies gave their employees raises the last 2 years while we were still under a PAYCUT til jan/2011,when yrc gets their cuts back then what is your silly little arguement,oh and by the way ,even with their cuts they are better off than us,just take their medical which comes in their dues,if you have a family of 4 you save about $100,etc etc

Simple fact YRCW stock down $0.05 to $0.59. The pre-split value before reverse 25 to 1 split is $0.0236. That's two cents!!

We got the pay cut back....did we not?? your not saying anything about that. Did YRC get their paycut back. You need to get a life and get another job. If your that insecure with yourself maybe you need therapy. Everything is fine here. I make plenty of money and dont want somebody like you messing it up.
Better yet, buy you some stock and maybe you can be on the board of directors some day.

Oh yeah, and you mention UPS earlier. How can you compare conway with UPS?? Do you know how much money UPS makes compared to conway? When conway makes that kind of money, then I'm sure we'll have that kind of pay..

Your only saying the same things other people are bitching about. You don't know what you are talking about.. It's not that bad. Jeez..

yes we sure did get our paycut back yupp along with a hefty health insurance increase which was 3 or 4 times that of which we lost not to mention anytime we have recieved a rasie in the past 5 years it came with a health insurance increase so did we really get a pay Raise !!!?!?!?!? I for one think yupp It all looks great on paper they gave us back our money and took it right back and them some from our other hand I do not know about you But I consider a real pay Raise to be one with out Additional costs to me if your going to give me a Raise Give me A Raise dont give me a Raise then stab me in the back with additional health insurance premuims !!!

the truth about what's happening at XCO. There isn't anything happening at XCO. It's deader than a doornail.

yes we sure did get our paycut back yupp along with a hefty health insurance increase which was 3 or 4 times that of which we lost not to mention anytime we have recieved a rasie in the past 5 years it came with a health insurance increase so did we really get a pay Raise !!!?!?!?!? I for one think yupp It all looks great on paper they gave us back our money and took it right back and them some from our other hand I do not know about you But I consider a real pay Raise to be one with out Additional costs to me if your going to give me a Raise Give me A Raise dont give me a Raise then stab me in the back with additional health insurance premuims !!!

Blah, blah, blah... can't you people come up with something else. I posted that 2 months ago. If your paying too much for insurance, well, that's your fault. do some research. They have better insurance. I haven't paid anything out all year. How many times do I have to say that?? please pay attention. It's easy for you to make up numbers because you are a disgruntled employee.... Now, why are you commenting on something that I posted 2 months ago... You that desperate for some dirt?? hahahahaha

Blah, blah, blah... can't you people come up with something else. I posted that 2 months ago. If your paying too much for insurance, well, that's your fault. do some research. They have better insurance. I haven't paid anything out all year. How many times do I have to say that?? please pay attention. It's easy for you to make up numbers because you are a disgruntled employee.... Now, why are you commenting on something that I posted 2 months ago... You that desperate for some dirt?? hahahahaha
They don't have better insurance. Prove it tell me where this great, free insurance is. I paid attention when I went over the insurance thing. Please tell me how I don't have to pay $61/week for me n my wife (an extra $30 if she had it offered but refused form her work) + $19 per child. Yes I know it's the top plan but given that I have 2kids one with some medical issues I saw no other choice. Definitely not one that was worth a damn for a decent payment per week.

Would you not feel guilty if someone listened to you, bought this "better insurance" and really needed it for something catastrophic? Blah, blah, blah... can't YOU come up with something else.

Update on XCO ? Hard to tell. We have had probably 8 drivers quit the last 3 weeks. I think at least 6 were yes votes. Everything still very quiet. Lay-off season is coming. And then the bids. Looking forward to Christmas. I needs me a new chain saw !