SAIA | The truth (go to website pissed consumer read about saia)

dracula, you are correct most of us are line haul, and no there is nothing we should be doing as far as the bottom line. I see how little atl cares about service to our customers and that is not my problem. The only thing we can do is make sure we get out freight to the breaks in timely manner and also our freight back to our origin terminals in a timely manner. As i have said earlier I do not take a break during my entire 12-14 hour shift. That being said, that's my choice to get home as early as possible, and not an attemp to mask the failure of the company to make the cut times. We all have to do our part to secure our jobs, but if you need/want to take a break then screw your tm or i/b supervisor. We are humana and work hard, so therefore we deserve a little downtime durng our nightly jobs.

demolitionman

Make customers your problem remember the pay your wages if this industry continues to think this way we will all be out of business. LH drivers are very powerful in a trucking company be professional voice your concerns and make change happen. At saia I thought a lot of the service issues and damages were do to no training. Example I went to my regional and v.p and asked them why saia continue to stack on non-logistic pups and turning skids on logistics bars by time this freight would arrive @ our terminal it was destroyed! They told me that it was inbound job to recoupe and fix it before delivery and they would not make there numbers if that was a prioriety.

Tony A did not take money out of your pocket remember 5% now 2-1/2% every trucking company has given back and some even paid back with stock etc. Saia was giving 90 to 95 % discounts they can't compete with all these logistics companies. I dealt with it myself customers would drop saia us use a local logistics company and get a bigger discount no fuel/ liftgate or residential charges.

LH drivers are very powerful in a trucking company be professional voice your concerns and make change happen.

You stuck you nose into someone else's area of responsibility and what you got for it was to be let go. Change happened, satisfied?

LH drivers are very powerful in a trucking company be professional voice your concerns and make change happen.

You stuck you nose into someone else's area of responsibility and what you got for it was to be let go. Change happened, satisfied?

Dracula

Once again everyone that has left saia is not terminated I had a great opprotunity somewhere else so I left. Change can't happen with one person if you stay at saia make it better for yourself and co-workers bottom line customer pay our wages not upper managment. Dracula out of all people in your profession as a driver I hope your co-workers take responsibility for your load and equipment if someone is not doing it correctly it will be on you trust me!

Question, are you ripping your new company as hard as your ripping your old one? I don't care how they load it and I don't care if the manifest is right. That trailer is locked down and sealed before I touch it. Anything wrong with it is on the loaders not me. Before that trailer leaves the yard, I have scaled it and it is legal or it goes back to the dock until it is. I've never had a problem with the dock guys taking stuff off. Before that trailer leaves the yard I have checked the hazmat paperwork to make sure the correct placards are used and my equipment is my responsibility. If you are working at this other great opprotunity, then why are you ripping your ex?