Yellow | The Truth, The Whole Truth, So help me God!

Guess what... some of us "younger guys" are looking like crazy for a job and they are NOT out there. I wish like everything I was close enough to retirement so I could.

You know?! That's good how you explained it... But don't sit there and say this was to save jobs, I want you to tell that to the 1000+ Teamsters that will be out of a job March 1st.

If it's only 1000+ that would be great. I hate to see even one person lose their job. But the point is, it very well could save 30,000 - 35,000+ jobs. It's also very possible, that I could be one of those 1000+.

Ballot Count 2009

OK…. When I went to the YRCW ballot count that Tuesday in DC…this is what went on…KK

We arrived at the place the ballots were to be opened and counted in Maryland. There were IBT employees from the Freight Division and other employees of the IBT. There were about 3 members from L107…2 from 384 (nice guys by the way) and another good brother from Delaware and myself. A company by the name of Election Unlimited supervised the whole process. They had a meeting with us and told us what the process was, and what our job as observers were too. NOBODY from the IBT and/or the observers could touch the ballots or interfere with the process of counting.

After that meeting several observers went to the Post Office with the Election admin. to observe them getting all ballot trays picked up and returned them to the building in Maryland. They then counted and sorted all ballots in the trays…removed the duplicates (pink envelopes) from the blue envelopes. Sorted them by Locals in baskets (that along took all of Tuesday) and the room was secured for the night. I went home.

As told earlier…ballots were to be sent out to members in good standing from November 2003 to the present time. If you were laid off and got a withdrawal card from your Local Union, you too were mailed a ballot.

Unfortunately, ballots were mailed out to those as far back as November 1999 and it was discovered by the IBT. Those ballots had to be pulled from the 30,000 plus that they had, as they could not be counted. Some TITAN lists did not have the exact codes for all members in good standing. I will use my own Local as an example. The lists for Business Agents (who were eligible to vote), the Stewards (We pay our Stewards dues) and members who pay cash dues each month were not on the 1st mail out. This too was discovered and over 813 requests for duplicate ballots were mailed out….I never got mine, along with several others in our Local. My Local voted 83% to take the cut….585 Yes and 116 No.

Meanwhile during Tuesday when we made an attempt to tell you on this website what we could tell you what was going on….i.e.; the number of ballots coming in, etc, etc…. we could not tell you the count, as MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY phone calls were coming into the IBT concerning the info that was posted on truckingboards.com (hey, when you want to know what is going on, right?) it was brought to my attention as soon as they found out who KK was.

Herein was the problem…. the stock had gone up $1.20 that day. In my opinion, when WACHOVIA upgraded YRCW, that was when the price went up. We were afraid that some may take the postings on Trucking Boards as accurate ballots counts (which we never reported) and misinterpret them as official information. This could have driven the price up, or it could have driven the price down.

We were not about to do battle with the SEC over insider trading and/or stock manipulation over unofficial information on the website. Also, this could have affected the stock warrants that the employees were to receive after the official ballot count was made to the public. There was no malicious attempt made to do this…. but I did not want there to be even a minuet idea that this was trying to be done…. So, Benny Hill was called and we pulled the post to be fair to all. I do not own even a share of YRCW stock by the way.

I will say the amount of ballots in that room was mind boggling, and I knew there was no way this would be done in 1 day, not even 2 days.

The Company that handled the whole process was the most professional bunch of folks I had ever seen do a ballot count…. and in my 21 years as a Teamster, I have seen many of them.

Those on here that claimed it was a “done deal”, “it was fixed” or it was rigged, have no clue as to what this process is all about. The outcome of this was to help save our jobs and to keep this company going. I don’t give a damn about your personal gripes with some TM or other supervisors…. this was all about saving us…the freight teamster….if you cannot accept that, then go work somewhere else. I was very disappointed in how some on here have acted in their postings and PMs to me…. I respect your right to post your thoughts…. but as it has been said on here many times…”we can all disagree, without being disagreeable.” To my astonishment, some have been very sarcastic in the way this was being posted…. but, I intend to be very forthcoming and accurate in what I report, and for those who know me and understand I thank you for being part of Truckingboards.

Now lets try to make this work for us all, as this is the only show in town!….KK

Here is my post from 1/8/2009....same questions....same situation....same answers to your questions you have on the voting procedures!......KK

Keep up the good work KK. All of us Teamsters appreciate your efforts to inform and educate.

What about our Union officals are they taking a pay cut what about YRC Management are they taking a pay cut. I dont think so, they are still heavy with Management. Why does the Working man have to pay for this, I am tired of paying for poorly Mismanagement on both levels. Once they got the first contract they had us and they will keep comming back for more its not over we will be paying for our own Health and Welfare next.

i'll be the first to agree with you that there are some good union officials but the vast majority have forgotten where they came from. the high salaries, bloated expense accounts, fancy cars, easy hours, first class lifetime health benefits, top ups pension payments, on and on, all paid for by our dues. but just let a member be short by one day for his health insurance and nooooo, you can't buy that one or two days but we'll keep all that money the company paid on your behalf and let you buy it yourself for the full rate. ever notice too that when theres a national meeting its always in a party town or someplace warm thousands of miles away? why not in a central location to save our, our money. the union has become a company unto itself and the members are the employees to be screwed. maybe we need a union to protect us from the union.

And the scary part is there is more than 1 of them

Democracy still lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No matter what anybody wants to think it is alive and well. We can all complain and whatever else but the bottom line is we need to eat and the company knows it!!!!!!!!! It is a shame that it has come to this for the Teamsters but it has. We will be voting to eliminate what we are all about. The very thing that seperates us from the thems. We will have no pension and it appears that more than likely we will be paying or atleast participating more in our health benefits as well!!!! I find it odd that even with all the democrats office we are being forced into this vote just to keep food on the table? God help everyone in their decision when our ballots come to us.
Thank you KK for your integrity!!!!

Democracy still lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No matter what anybody wants to think it is alive and well. We can all complain and whatever else but the bottom line is we need to eat and the company knows it!!!!!!!!! It is a shame that it has come to this for the Teamsters but it has. We will be voting to eliminate what we are all about. The very thing that seperates us from the thems. We will have no pension and it appears that more than likely we will be paying or atleast participating more in our health benefits as well!!!! I find it odd that even with all the democrats office we are being forced into this vote just to keep food on the table? God help everyone in their decision when our ballots come to us.
Thank you KK for your integrity!!!!
Got my ballot today. Placed it on the floor in the garage...walked to refrigerator in said garage...started drinking mass quantities of beer while staring at ballot, trying to decide what to do with it! Result....drunk truck driver staring at ballot in garage with no answer and wife wondering what the future holds with an out of work, drunk Teamster staring at things in the garage living with her.:ranting2:

Got my ballot today. Placed it on the floor in the garage...walked to refrigerator in said garage...started drinking mass quantities of beer while staring at ballot, trying to decide what to do with it! Result....drunk truck driver staring at ballot in garage with no answer and wife wondering what the future holds with an out of work, drunk Teamster staring at things in the garage living with her.:ranting2:

:biglaugh: At least the day was'nt a total loss. :beerchug:

What about our Union officals are they taking a pay cut what about YRC Management are they taking a pay cut. I dont think so, they are still heavy with Management. Why does the Working man have to pay for this, I am tired of paying for poorly Mismanagement on both levels. Once they got the first contract they had us and they will keep comming back for more its not over we will be paying for our own Health and Welfare next.

If your not happy with the teamsters leadership you can vote them out. It is as simple as that. If you are willing to take the chance that YRC won't close down if the no vote wins then do so. I would not want to be a no voter and be on the winning side of the vote and the company was gone in a month and the teamsters that are on retirement and working were out just because I was unhappy with the union and the company. If we vote no I will except the majority. I just won't vote no knowing that I could be the cause of it.

are we in trouble then?

What side is the company counting the votes on? They are crooked but to which side? Are the Teamsters in trouble, or is YRCW in trouble? Wait. I believe I may have just answered my own question. :TR10driving03:

oso4.jpg