Estes | The "U" word

hightyde

2nd Amendment
Credits
Heard the U word was going around Indy terminal. Probably why their losing runs and freight going through there. Could be another Pulaski??

There's couple different rumors about indy. One driver said "yes we're union now"
Another one said not enough yes votes. Abd another one said there's a 2nd vote coming up.

What's going on in indy?

Hope that disease don't spread south...

I think some guys are having flashbacks of Pulaski.

What's going in Indy that they're trying to bring in the teamsters? I can't imagine it's any different than any other large break bulk.

If they vote in the union, the terminal will be relocated exactly 50.000001 miles north. Mark my words.

Last edited:
The way I hear it you union haters are losing lots of line haul runs and it only gets worse from here get ready for more Schneider us express Warner ect ect ect at least with the union it can only be 8% your road guys it's only a matter of time

The way I hear it you union haters are losing lots of line haul runs and it only gets worse from here get ready for more Schneider us express Warner ect ect ect at least with the union it can only be 8% your road guys it's only a matter of time
I don't think I read anywhere that we hate the union, but Stevie Wonder can see that the Union ain't what it used to be.

Ooookay I didn't know Stevie wonder was in the union or he was a truck driver that's a new one

No need for you to be a condescending ***** because he made an analogy that you didn't want to understand.

If you want to join the union, find a company and terminal that's union. I hear YRC is hiring drivers like crazy, go read up on how much the union is sticking up for their members at YRC.

I will concede that Estes is not a perfect company, but the reality is that the union will do nothing for you except charge you union dues and force you to support a pension that won't be around or will be a skeleton if itself by the time you turn 65'

I know exactly what he meant but I still don't thanks Stevie wonder gives a damn about the union the union debate I've been a teamster for over 20 years and if I get half my pension I am still ahead of the game i've never paid for insurance and I've put money in my 401(k) it may not be matched but it's still grows I have put money away like I was paying my insurance every week I almosthave neverpaid a dime for any medical services over the I get pension plus Social Security i've noticed since the union has gotten smaller pay for truck drivers has went way down and just remember unions are bad

I will get off your board now but the union has been good to me

I am pro union but in this industry it is in a pitiful state and companies like Estes would rather sell off all their assets and close their doors rather than allowing the union to run the company.

In today's economic environment it is unfeasible for a union to exist unless they're with the public sector or with a company like UPS which can charge exorbitant rates to support a union. Other then that, this industry is too cutthroat to allow a union to run a freight company.

The three largest union companies in this industry are ABF, YRC, and UPS. Two of the three are pathetic excuses for companies. That's saying something....

I don't think ABF is a pathetic company I made over 90,000 last year they have almost all new equipment they're making money Pay the best Benny's home almost every day payed for everything they own a expediting company and their own service company oh yeah the last time I looked we were bigger than you Just look at transport topics no bunk houses no teams or sleeping with a stinky guy but they are a pathetic company like you said that has been pounded into your head by mr Estes since you were hired that's all I have to say about that

I am pro union but in this industry it is in a pitiful state and companies like Estes would rather sell off all their assets and close their doors rather than allowing the union to run the company.

In today's economic environment it is unfeasible for a union to exist unless they're with the public sector or with a company like UPS which can charge exorbitant rates to support a union. Other then that, this industry is too cutthroat to allow a union to run a freight company.

The three largest union companies in this industry are ABF, YRC, and UPS. Two of the three are pathetic excuses for companies. That's saying something....
All of the rates are close,customers for the most part are only looking at price.