Estes | The "U" word

Honestly, how many years until the union is extinct? I'm really very neutral, but correct me if I'm wrong. I really don't see there being any in 20+ years. Maybe I'm skewed from living in Texas.
You better hope not. When the last Union company closes watch the pay go down considerably. You can hate the Unions all you want but they're the reason why you make the money you do.

Wait and see.It would have been true in the 70's and it will be true no matter what year it is if all the Union companies close up.
Nah,I think you are giving today,s Union way too much perceived leverage.I see your statement alot in these forums,usually on a non union forum,by a union employee.If it makes you feel good,that,s fine,I guess.I think its overused and out of date.

Well you might be right from where you are at but Estes was worse when the union was stronger. Please don't turn this into hating unions. It's about the leadership of the unions that push people away. It's not our fault your union is dying. Maybe some just hate the union but most see the union as a political arm on the wrong side. I like the NRA membership, strength in numbers!

Well you might be right from where you are at but Estes was worse when the union was stronger. Please don't turn this into hating unions. It's about the leadership of the unions that push people away. It's not our fault your union is dying. Maybe some just hate the union but most see the union as a political arm on the wrong side. I like the NRA membership, strength in numbers!

The hate is a deterrent for a lot of the non-Union crowd, however, Its far more discouraging when I meet and speak with union folk who talk badly about or condescend their brethren. There seems to be an external us vs. them as well as an internal.

Many occasions I've heard them speak in a way that makes me hesitant to jump. I've rejected offers from ABF and YRC this year, and I'm still not at peace with the decision. I wish I could have felt more comfortable about the change, but the tumultuous nature of YRC scared me off as well as a lot of PMs warning against it.

Honestly, how many years until the union is extinct? I'm really very neutral, but correct me if I'm wrong. I really don't see there being any in 20+ years. Maybe I'm skewed from living in Texas.
You don't want that to happen I won't get my easy road driver checks and mildew can't enjoy his 1800+ payday.

If I was
The hate is a deterrent for a lot of the non-Union crowd, however, Its far more discouraging when I meet and speak with union folk who talk badly about or condescend their brethren. There seems to be an external us vs. them as well as an internal.

Many occasions I've heard them speak in a way that makes me hesitant to jump. I've rejected offers from ABF and YRC this year, and I'm still not at peace with the decision. I wish I could have felt more comfortable about the change, but the tumultuous nature of YRC scared me off as well as a lot of PMs warning against it.
if I was you I would have took abf offer. If they had road op where I live I wouldn't be at holland.

Nah,I think you are giving today,s Union way too much perceived leverage.I see your statement alot in these forums,usually on a non union forum,by a union employee.If it makes you feel good,that,s fine,I guess.I think its overused and out of date.

you ignore reality then, go into Michigan or ohio cities and look for factory jobs. there are plenty around, but they don't pay ::shit::, because they got around the uaw and usw with TEMP agencies. there used to be good money in working at a factory, now its a min wage job...EVERY industry that pushes a union out of influence takes wages down to nothing.

You better hope not. When the last Union company closes watch the pay go down considerably. You can hate the Unions all you want but they're the reason why you make the money you do.
Wages are going down now for the same work done 10 years ago.. Thanks to the Prez...

No need for you to be a condescending ***** because he made an analogy that you didn't want to understand.

If you want to join the union, find a company and terminal that's union. I hear YRC is hiring drivers like crazy, go read up on how much the union is sticking up for their members at YRC.

I will concede that Estes is not a perfect company, but the reality is that the union will do nothing for you except charge you union dues and force you to support a pension that won't be around or will be a skeleton if itself by the time you turn 65'
Very wrong on the pension, they would be in a plan of their choosing!

The real Buffalo Bill
PelKrUZ.jpg