XPO | The Union Busting begins at Nof

Not true ... As a driver now I've moved up ... The only regret I have is that I became a dispatcher. Should have stayed a driver ... But I can't change things now ... Less stress and better health .... Live and learn.
Drive for Saia but spend all day posting on the conway forum. Not a lot of freight over at Saia? Babysitting a phone are you?

Drive for Saia but spend all day posting on the conway forum. Not a lot of freight over at Saia? Babysitting a phone are you?
I work 10-12 hours a day M-F in P&D .... I post from my phone on breaks and on my days off tough guy. Is that the best you got?

And where would it be without all those concessions? Oh.....Let me guess .... Not good.
Remember the concessions were voted on. And the concessions were to make us competitive with the competition. That means we had to lower ourselves to YOUR level. 94.9 and are still better compensated than you are.

Part of the reason I don't disclose everything that happened to me during that time is that much of it would be used against me ... I don't feel the need to brag about all the things I did at Overnite ... It's called humility ... I will say that I spoke with Mr. Cochrane on many occasions before the Union Pacific purchase and even after .... He was truly just a good ole boy .... Were we good friends and would he remember my name ... Not likely ... But it was a honor for me to meet one of the greatest men in the LTL business. I know how it all played out with the union and if these guys want to say the Teamsters walked away in a calculated way .... That they have this grand plan to get Conway and FedEx ..... Again in a grand plan that will take a few years ... (now a few years) ... Let them dream ... Let them try and discredit me ... I know how it will play out ... It won't get as far as Overnite .... It will never come to a strike as it did in 1999 .... The guys will come to their senses and decide against the union in time ... Sometimes the winners are the ones that choose not to go to war ... These cocky arrogant types on here will someday learn humility ... Something I learned long ago ... I had it all ... Then I lost it all ... That will teach you humility ... What I have today will allow me to retire comfortably .... And honestly that's all any man can ask .... Most everything I learned in this business I learned from J. Harwood Cochrane ... A man that's reputation speaks for itself.
Good post, runaway. Great people leave behind legacies for others to take up.

Good post, runaway. Great people leave behind legacies for others to take up.
I could never do Mr. Cochrane justice because that man was the smartest man I ever met. I remember one thing that he said to me that's been said a thousand times ... But when he looked me in the eye and said .... "Never bite the hand that feeds you." I understand what he meant more than most. He built a business and I was proud to work for him and gave him 110% .... To this very day I will never forget the day he told me that. It changed my life forever.

We werent talking about happiness. If everything is roses here, then why did they go to the union for help?

Because people would rather take the 1 in a zillion shot at making Con-way better, then the 100% guarantee of filling out an application and working for YRC/Holland.

The strike started in 1999 and ended in 2002 .... So UPS waited 4 years after the strike ended to buy them. Do your research about the founder of Overnite (Cochrane) before you go shooting your mouth off.
A couple of names for you to chew on. Carey and Hall. The man I spoke of on several different occasions moved right on up the ladder at your beloved Overnite. Then moved on to become the labor man for UPS Freight. It was all in the works.