XPO | The Union Busting begins at Nof

Yes I am retired with 34 years of paying those dues
Always had a Teamster job but worked for 4 different carriers to get their.
Their is good in everybody and I am sure your man is no different.
I don't hate anyone for their choices the world would be a boring place if everyone was the same.
I go back with 222 many many years and more than a few picket lines.
OD I wish nothing but the best for them , but the growing pains will hit them at some point.
Life was good at Yellow until George Powell turned it over to his kid. Its been a downhill bad road ever since.

Here I am again ... That low level manager that could never have your vast knowledge of how these evil corporations work? Now as I post this all your cronies are getting ready to jump on me ... You 2%er's are much smarter than me ... I'm just that corporate minion that is not entitled to an opinion ... You keep coming on here with the "at will" agenda to promote fear ... With how great that pension is and how wonderful that free health care is ... Yes we are just a bunch of fools that are grateful that our companies let us work for them ... I can't fight you guys ... Your just too good. The Teamsters are the greatest thing since sliced bread ... They most certainly have only our best interest at heart. They would never do anything corrupt ... They are the closest thing to God that could ever be ... Oh .... Let me guess ... They are God. FedEx and Conway management are the Devil. I guess many of us have just sold our souls to the Devil. May God have mercy on our souls when our time comes.
Damn train, do you always come undone like this? We have it pretty damned good at a union barn. We do have grievance machinery that helps us enforce our agreements. I do have top tier health care that was negotiated into my benefits package. I do have a pension that is as sound as can be. WSPT in case you are wondering. I find it quite amusing that you get so bent out of shape over this stuff. Relax and enjoy it.

You so love to name drop ... If I was to tell you I met those guys personally .... If I was to tell you that Mr. Cochrane did listen to this lowly dispatcher (or was that all I ever became) and I was instrumental in some of his decisions you would just laugh and say .... "Right" If you were to tell me you talk to Tyson on a regular basis I would say the same thing ... But the fact remains it could be possible .... Some things you just don't disclose because it simply wouldn't be believed. Some things you simply don't disclose because it just sounds as if you are over compensating for one thing or the other ... Humility is something I'm big on ... And as many on here have heard me say a thousand times .... TRUE NOBILITY ... Is not about being better than the next guy .... Having more power ... More status ... Nicer cars ... Bigger homes ... True nobility is about YOU being better than YOU use to be ... A better Father .... A better Husband .... A better Employee .... True nobility is about learning humility ... About understanding that no matter who you are .... You are no better than the homeless man standing on the street corner ... When you have had it all .... And then lost it all ... You can begin to understand humility .... When you understand that the homeless man on that street corner could have been you .... Just one twist of fate from the man above. That's all it would take. If you can look in the mirror today and truly say you are a better human being than you were yesterday then you my friend are moving in the right direction.
All I did was put a couple names out there that were instrumental in UPS Freight and one of them negotiated the contract that they have now. Tyson? There is a damned good reason he did not negotiate the UPS Freight contract. Try and bring yourself down a few notches train. It isn't what it seems.

No ... I get tired of all these know-it-alls mocking people .... When they talk crap they know nothing about it gets very old .... I know more about Overnite than ANYONE on this board yet for the most part I keep silent about it .... Even saying that I feel wrong ... I hate to act arrogant .... But these guys haven't a clue how things played out at Overnite. They are just a bunch of KNOW-IT-ALLS .... It sickens me.
I just love it when you get the cheerleading skirt on and lift those pom pom's high in the air for your beloved Overnite. Beauty of it is, they are all Teamster's now. If you could sell half of what you think you know and half of what is reality, how rich would you be? So come on train, tell us what you know.

Mr. Cochrane is a legend and I would never flatter myself to think he would remember me ... He might but I would never assume that ... The ones that know me on here and what I did at Overnite understand that somethings are better left unspoken. Most tell me to shut up and not open myself up to further character assassination by trying to defend Mr. Cochrane and his non union stance. I was a driver then a dispatcher ... After that what I did really isn't important. Just a corporate minion as 222 says.
Hell man, you made it sound like you two were pretty cozy. Don't discount yourself like that. I am sure he would remember you. All you would have to do is remind him of all those heartfelt moments you two shared as you gazed so fondly at him as he enlightened you on his every thought and wish for the non union entity known then as Overnite.

i gotta say, that cochrane sounded like a cheap, but smart, sob. no wonder the ibt had no problem looking at the financials and getting the highest pay rate in the ltl freight industry. id rather drive servicable trucks rather than shiny wheels any day, give me the diff. in money...

CL it appears you are a retired Teamster from some of your post .... I hope you, Slave and 222 can understand that Mr. Cochrane helped the industry. It almost appears from your latest post that you wish OD to stumble. Say it ain't so.
With growth comes the growing pains. No one wants them to stumble. I for one, would never do anything to take food off of their employees plates. There may come a day when organizing will become their best interest.

With growth comes the growing pains. No one wants them to stumble. I for one, would never do anything to take food off of their employees plates. There may come a day when organizing will become their best interest.

you mean to get ot pay, or layover and breakdown paid at more than 7.50?

I agree with you 222, I've had to use the 'machine' a few times in my day as well. Always as a last resort if the issue can't be straightened out, but it's there nevertheless.
It is much better to settle these matters before the grievance heads to panel. Most of our problems are solved in the "steps" meetings. Rule of thumb around our barn is the labor man always has his checkbook and a full ink pen.

You guys geting visits from the famous Mr Joe. He likes being called a scum bag i got under his skin on here he is on here daily reading posts.