XPO | The Union Busting begins at Nof

That's where you're wrong... There's 3 sides. Don't forget the truth lies somewhere in the middle...

Not always, Song. Sometimes the TRUTH is squarely on one side or the other. And "somewhere" in the middle is also a little vague. It could be 90% in favor of one side, or 50/50. The difficulty, often, is determining where that truth is.

Not always, Song. Sometimes the TRUTH is squarely on one side or the other. And "somewhere" in the middle is also a little vague. It could be 90% in favor of one side, or 50/50. The difficulty, often, is determining where that truth is.

The truth being squarely on one side or another is extremely rare. You're right, determining the truth is the difficult part, but usually both sides of any argument will cloud the waters to support their argument/side.

Uh, it will ruin your job. You want your job to be eliminate like so many of those at Yellow and Roadway? You had better wake up. Your getting equal or better than most LTL's

What is your biggest gripe? Tell us please... BTW, do you read newspapers or online and stuff like that? Just curious..
The employees of Conway had better wake up I wasted 18yrs there and was lied to and promised many things that never came about don't think for a minute they wont keep telling the lies now is time for you to stand up and fight back Good Luck

The employees of Conway had better wake up I wasted 18yrs there and was lied to and promised many things that never came about don't think for a minute they wont keep telling the lies now is time for you to stand up and fight back Good Luck
Did you really waste 18 years? Really? If it was that bad, why did it take 18 years to find a better job? I've been here a little more that 1/2 that time and I have though about jumping ship more than once, but made the choice to stay. I've had a job offer on the table for years now and keep weighing out my options and chose to stay. If I left, I would not call my time at CW a waste. Heck, that would be me look like an idiot for staying for so long. Although, the new NextGen strap car haulers are making me rethink it again, so I may be walking soon, I haven't decided yet. If I do, it would not look back at more than 10 years of my life as a waste. While working at CW, I bought and paid off my house, several cars, secured myself and good retirment and had a pretty enjoyable life. Far from a waste.

This is a fairly easy job as far as driving jobs go. The car hauling job offer is much better total compensation and I always passed due to the ball busting work at my age. The new rigs have very little climbing and no chain slinging, so it's back on the table.

Was it really bad for 18 years? Or did it get worse over the years until you had enough? There is no one to blame but yourself if you really wasted 18 years.

Did you really waste 18 years? Really? If it was that bad, why did it take 18 years to find a better job? I've been here a little more that 1/2 that time and I have though about jumping ship more than once, but made the choice to stay. I've had a job offer on the table for years now and keep weighing out my options and chose to stay. If I left, I would not call my time at CW a waste. Heck, that would be me look like an idiot for staying for so long. Although, the new NextGen strap car haulers are making me rethink it again, so I may be walking soon, I haven't decided yet. If I do, it would not look back at more than 10 years of my life as a waste. While working at CW, I bought and paid off my house, several cars, secured myself and good retirment and had a pretty enjoyable life. Far from a waste.

This is a fairly easy job as far as driving jobs go. The car hauling job offer is much better total compensation and I always passed due to the ball busting work at my age. The new rigs have very little climbing and no chain slinging, so it's back on the table.

Was it really bad for 18 years? Or did it get worse over the years until you had enough? There is no one to blame but yourself if you really wasted 18 years.
No it started out as a company that cared about their people it was a dream come true we had a pension we paid nothing for our insurance we had sick days we took our vacations when we wanted we cared about our customers and worked as a team now its all about cuts and the bottom dollar they cant realize that cheaper is not better The only way that it was my fault for staying is that I believed the lies they are still telling you and now that I know different I want others to see that as well.

I also worked for CON-MAN from the beginning when they were good Gerry Detter was Pres then after we got the company established they got rid of Detter and started taking things away simple answer GREED!

the past is the past, your not getting any back pay..you know that..work rules stifle companies and they go out of business after they lose a lot of business..i'm telling you..
Beerfd you still on here spewing your garbage I was here from the start they made a lot of promises that they reneged on as far as work rules go they make their rules then change them when it suits them . The mgt of CON-MAN are the biggest bunch of LIARS! I've ever seen

I also worked for CON-MAN from the beginning when they were good Gerry Detter was Pres then after we got the company established they got rid of Detter and started taking things away simple answer GREED!
I hate to say it but everyone has a choice in life and we learn from our mistakes and sometimes the hard lessons stick with us more people don't realize that they keep you so wrapped up in your job you forget about everything else and keep in mind you are getting older each day and the older you get the harder it is to find a job I say what I know from experience I am not the smartest in the world and don't want to be

Beerfd you still on here spewing your garbage I was here from the start they made a lot of promises that they reneged on as far as work rules go they make their rules then change them when it suits them . The mgt of CON-MAN are the biggest bunch of LIARS! I've ever seen
Watch your step......

A company like Saia that has integrity and honors everything they have committed to. We have no need for a union because we are treated extremely fair ... They do the right thing because .... Well !!! It's the right thing. No broken promises ... See that's the way you keep a union out ... Our CEO knows what it takes and created a business model that has adapted in these changing times. Nothing is perfect... But here at Saia it's just about as close as you can get... Conway could learn a thing or two from Rick O'dell.
Except for Rick O'Dell,same thing people used to say about Conway/CCX