XPO | The Union Busting begins at Nof

pay cuts and job losses..your trying to bring this company down like yours. Mind your own business.

Look how fierce and aggressive they get ! Tell them their own house is on fire and the wanna argue with you about why it's on fire and call you stupid for not knowing and understanding who lit it on fire and why ! All the while doing nothing to put the fire out ! Just stand there while it burns calling everyone else stupid for telling them it's burning !

That pretty union castle with all it's rules and votes and contracts and brotherhood couldn't keep 30K ( his number ) from losing their jobs, or keep the company from cutting the pension to 25% and refusing to fund it until 2018 at the earliest all the while working for 85% pay.

Yes, how can you call someone lazy, you dont even know his work habits. Let me tell you, there are lazy people in union companies and non union companies. Conway has their fair share of them. I get so sick of you spewing off crap you know nothing about. If it wasn't for unions in this country, Conway wouldn't being paying you anything near what your making. The only reason they gave us a raise the last time is because the union is knocking on their door. If a company treats its workers good, they dont need a union. We can only take so much of them taking away from us. When the CEO of this company cashes in over 50 million in stock options for himself (this is 1 employee) in 2014, it shows how out of touch this company is. Im tired of giving back to this out of touch management. They treat us as 2nd class citizens. The problem at Conway isnt the pay. The problem is they stole our vacations, they stole our pensions, they stole our sick days, they put cameras in our trucks and not in their company cars, they waste huge money on LEAN, favoritism runs rampant, management (some) talks to drivers like crap. And worst of all......... work rules change by the minute. You can ask 5 different people in management the same question on how something is supposed to be done, and you get 5 different answers.

Remove all union talk from this post, the first 5 sentences. And re-read it. It becomes a far more powerful post. Full of a lot of truths I hear echoed everyday.

Look how fierce and aggressive they get ! Tell them their own house is on fire and the wanna argue with you about why it's on fire and call you stupid for not knowing and understanding who lit it on fire and why ! All the while doing nothing to put the fire out ! Just stand there while it burns calling everyone else stupid for telling them it's burning !

That pretty union castle with all it's rules and votes and contracts and brotherhood couldn't keep 30K ( his number ) from losing their jobs, or keep the company from cutting the pension to 25% and refusing to fund it until 2018 at the earliest all the while working for 85% pay.
Even at that it's better than what you have!!

The word is "ignorant." I never said he was stupid. Apparently you are in the same category? So let me enlighten you a little more. Our company was effectively cut in half with the merger. That job loss number was labor and management. Union and non union alike. The economy played a tremendous role in that. Where have you been for the last 10 years? The poorly timed purchase of the other trucking companies left our company with little operating capital creating this mess.

Our contract was greatly modified to increase the flexibility the company needed to survive. That 85 percent wage also comes with an $2.12 hourly pension or 401k contribution (depending on the fund) and top tier insurance. We all made that choice to help the company survive. It's still a pretty good job and we have something that is worth it's weight in gold. A contract in writing.

Stupid is rude and crude. Challenged is far more acceptable. LOL

The word is "ignorant." I never said he was stupid. Apparently you are in the same category? So let me enlighten you a little more. Our company was effectively cut in half with the merger. That job loss number was labor and management. Union and non union alike. The economy played a tremendous role in that. Where have you been for the last 10 years? The poorly timed purchase of the other trucking companies left our company with little operating capital creating this mess.

Our contract was greatly modified to increase the flexibility the company needed to survive. That 85 percent wage also comes with an $2.12 hourly pension or 401k contribution (depending on the fund) and top tier insurance. We all made that choice to help the company survive. It's still a pretty good job and we have something that is worth it's weight in gold. A contract in writing.

Ignorant and stupid don't mean the same thing ? Are we going to start a list of synonyms ? Can I start ? Foolish.

Excuses, excuses. You got your own problems. Fix your own house then come tell us about ours.

That contract in writing seems to have been written in pencil. You got a union that won't stand up for you. And a company that takes advantage of you.

The advantage to working at a place with such extreme turnover is that we have all these drivers now holding other wheels. And with social media everyone is connected. Your lies don't fly.

Keep your head in the sand. Everything is roses.

Be careful beer a lot of these members get real sensitive about stupid ::shit::. And ur making it every ones business on here by posting. So keep up the great kool aid stuff. How was lsx last night.?

Ignorant and stupid don't mean the same thing ? Are we going to start a list of synonyms ? Can I start ? Foolish.

Excuses, excuses. You got your own problems. Fix your own house then come tell us about ours.

That contract in writing seems to have been written in pencil. You got a union that won't stand up for you. And a company that takes advantage of you.

The advantage to working at a place with such extreme turnover is that we have all these drivers now holding other wheels. And with social media everyone is connected. Your lies don't fly.

No, ignorant and stupid do not have the same definition. Foolish could be a perfect description of your engaging in a debate based on your "ignorance" of our company or contact language. Our willingness to educate and share is either welcomed or rejected. Back to "ignorance" again.

You consider economic facts to be excuses? We are in the long process of righting our ship. Who knows if we can pull it off?

Our union does what they can but it requires initiative by the members. We ARE the union. If our agreement is violated and no one pursues remedy through the grievance machinery we have, who's fault is that? Certainly not those that represent us.

Calling it lies is nothing more than deflecting away from the facts you can't refute. That list is long with you future brother.

No, ignorant and stupid do not have the same definition. Foolish could be a perfect description of your engaging in a debate based on your "ignorance" of our company or contact language. Our willingness to educate and share is either welcomed or rejected. Back to "ignorance" again.

You consider economic facts to be excuses? We are in the long process of righting our ship. Who knows if we can pull it off?

Our union does what they can but it requires initiative by the members. We ARE the union. If our agreement is violated and no one pursues remedy through the grievance machinery we have, who's fault is that? Certainly not those that represent us.

Calling it lies is nothing more than deflecting away from the facts you can't refute. That list is long with you future brother.

I messed up that quote thingy...

How 'bout this... conway gives me $80/wk. in my retirement account..I don't put anything in there..How much do those other companies give you without ANY contribution from you? I'm just curious..what are the amounts..that's a fair way of doing the numbers. So how much /wk is ups freight, fedex, OD, etc. ? If your able to figure it weekly.

Just would like to know how you get $80. a week when the Con-Way boys here say they don't have any retirement ?

Just would like to know how you get $80. a week when the Con-Way boys here say they don't have any retirement ?
Its hard to keep all this straight, but I get 3 or 4% plus another 4 or 5% because of years of service. I would not bet my life on that but its close.

What 25% ?? Was a city driver for OVNT for 26 years and UPS Freight 4 years retirement is 3400.00 not bad for sitting home... Or you can say 850.00 a week so I hope they don't cut me to 25%:19:

Its hard to keep all this straight, but I get 3 or 4% plus another 4 or 5% because of years of service. I would not bet my life on that but its close.
You get 3% of base with a possible additional 1% or 2% depending upon years of service and age when they made the change.

What 25% ?? Was a city driver for OVNT for 26 years and UPS Freight 4 years retirement is 3400.00 not bad for sitting home... Or you can say 850.00 a week so I hope they don't cut me to 25%:19:
There are a few over on the FedEx threads that could use this information. They (myself included)don't seem to grasp the formula for your retirement and it needs to be straightened out.

Last edited:
yeah, it's just a lot of lip service. Added up, they will tell us how it cost billions upon billions of dollars. But hey! We don't have to contribute to ours to make money - like Beerfd said. And obviously some of us buy into it.
I will look mine up when I get home in a few days.
Thank you. That information will be very beneficial to all.

Will things ever change on this forum ... It is a constant pissing contest on here .... Pros and Cons on both sides .... Perhaps the Pros have a bit of an advantage ... Maybe the benefit of a Union would serve the workers best ... I'm willing to accept that .... But the fact remains .... And this WILL NOT change ... The Union will NEVER gain enough leverage to get in .... PERIOD .... This is not UPS .... You union supporters will never get it I suppose .... Conway is a monster company and it will never happen ... They have too much money and resources to ever let the Teamsters fully unionize them .... You guys are a bunch of dreamers ... Blind Faith I suppose ... You can talk about how great it would be until the cows come home .... And maybe it would be .... That pension sure sounds nice .... But the facts remain it's a long shot at best .... Hoffa knows it ... And eventually all this dreaming will turn to reality and many guys will wake up from this dream ... Many will just keep dreaming because that's just the way they are wired ... But that is all it will be .... A DREAM.

Will things ever change on this forum ... It is a constant pissing contest on here .... Pros and Cons on both sides .... Perhaps the Pros have a bit of an advantage ... Maybe the benefit of a Union would serve the workers best ... I'm willing to accept that .... But the fact remains .... And this WILL NOT change ... The Union will NEVER gain enough leverage to get in .... PERIOD .... This is not UPS .... You union supporters will never get it I suppose .... Conway is a monster company and it will never happen ... They have too much money and resources to ever let the Teamsters fully unionize them .... You guys are a bunch of dreamers ... Blind Faith I suppose ... You can talk about how great it would be until the cows come home .... And maybe it would be .... That pension sure sounds nice .... But the facts remain it's a long shot at best .... Hoffa knows it ... And eventually all this dreaming will turn to reality and many guys will wake up from this dream ... Many will just keep dreaming because that's just the way they are wired ... But that is all it will be .... A DREAM.

Bigger things have happened, who knows?? One could have hope? Take that away and then you give them total control.... Is that really what one wants?