XPO | The Union Busting begins at Nof

I hate to rain on your parade ... Truly I do >>> But I would place the odds at 10 to 1 ..... Hoffa knows it and I'm surprised many that are well informed don't know it. It's a battle that just can't be won in today's America. Right or wrong ... Those are the hard cold facts .... Sorry.

Well there's 3 now soon to be 4, that's how Overnight started, now there Ups frt, with the best pay in the industry along with a 3k a month pension, and the best insurance. The largest most successful transportation company in the world, and did I mention 100 % union. By the way take a survey around your terminal, find out how many ups Drivers work there, the answer is 0 because the make the most money, have the best pension, make the most profit, and have job security with the TEAMSTERS. We lost 10% of our workforce to other carriers at our terminal and not 1 that we replaced came from a competitor

Well there's 3 now soon to be 4, that's how Overnight started, now there Ups frt, with the best pay in the industry along with a 3k a month pension, and the best insurance. The largest most successful transportation company in the world, and did I mention 100 % union. By the way take a survey around your terminal, find out how many ups Drivers work there, the answer is 0 because the make the most money, have the best pension, make the most profit, and have job security with the TEAMSTERS. We lost 10% of our workforce to other carriers at our terminal and not 1 that we replaced came from a competitor
My .... My ..... My .... You don't think I know about Overnite? That doesn't help your cause .... Bringing up Overnite .... Do your research ... Good Grief Dude.

My .... My ..... My .... You don't think I know about Overnite? That doesn't help your cause .... Bringing up Overnite .... Do your research ... Good Grief Dude.
Yup, There the happiest they have ever been, the most money, the best retirement, top of the line insurance, job security, and let me know how many drivers left overnight, when ups took over and went to Conway the answer is still 0

Yup, There the happiest they have ever been, the most money, the best retirement, top of the line insurance, job security, and let me know how many drivers left overnight, when ups took over and went to Conway the answer is still 0
I could sooooo go off ... Are you for real? You just don't get it ... I can truly appreciate Bankrupt and his vast knowledge of the industry ... Even though we don't see eye to eye on certain issues ... The man knows his history .... You my friend are clueless.

We have 2 drivers that came from Overnite when UPS bought them. I have no specifics as to why, I only know that from asking them where they came from when they 1st started, just a getting to know you kind of conversation.

I came across this article:
http://upsfreighttalk.org/node/78

I don't know the specifics, but this link suggests that what looks to me as a good compensation plan is disappointing? Anyone know what the real deal is?

Overnite ceased to exist once UPS bought them out.

The unionization attempt was a failure. They were on the way to decertification after the disastrous strike.

Last edited:
Overnite ceased to exist once UPS bought them out.

The unionization attempt was a failure. They were on the way to desertification after the disastrous strike.
I didn't really want to go there ... Many of these young men haven't got a clue.

So due you make $27.15 an hour and get a 3k pension. The union drive worked, and got me $1.77 raise that I would have never seen, we where told, we will look into it next year. The union drivestarted, 3 weeks later.... BAM big raise came through, are you that clueless? Really? I appreciate being called a young man at 52. By the way, I have worked for many carriers, my best at $140k ayear , a non union carrier, so I'm no just a union thug, just a working man trying to get his share, while **** ***** like you just suck up for a paycheck

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't really want to go there ... Many of these young men haven't got a clue.
Then again, some of us have fond memories of our pickets. We made some good friends during those times. Friendships that continue today. Nice that I am able to call them brothers now.

And that's a good thing ... Friendships ... But my point was those pickets never achieved the results you guys wanted ... That strike was a total failure.

Will things ever change on this forum ... It is a constant pissing contest on here .... Pros and Cons on both sides .... Perhaps the Pros have a bit of an advantage ... Maybe the benefit of a Union would serve the workers best ... I'm willing to accept that .... But the fact remains .... And this WILL NOT change ... The Union will NEVER gain enough leverage to get in .... PERIOD .... This is not UPS .... You union supporters will never get it I suppose .... Conway is a monster company and it will never happen ... They have too much money and resources to ever let the Teamsters fully unionize them .... You guys are a bunch of dreamers ... Blind Faith I suppose ... You can talk about how great it would be until the cows come home .... And maybe it would be .... That pension sure sounds nice .... But the facts remain it's a long shot at best .... Hoffa knows it ... And eventually all this dreaming will turn to reality and many guys will wake up from this dream ... Many will just keep dreaming because that's just the way they are wired ... But that is all it will be .... A DREAM.
LMAO
Your right! It doesn't change. And neither do you. I have read the above post over and over and over.
You see the union would be a good idea. And then you say the union could never win in an attempt to dissuade participation.
It is a dream brother.
Every accomplishment starts out as a dream.

Last edited:
I could sooooo go off ... Are you for real? You just don't get it ... I can truly appreciate Bankrupt and his vast knowledge of the industry ... Even though we don't see eye to eye on certain issues ... The man knows his history .... You my friend are clueless.
What I learned, I learned from all those clueless Union peeps.
The corporation showed me I need to listen to them.

Last edited:
The days have changed along with the times, Conway has spent millions of dollars trying to fight this drive on union busters alone, not to mention how much it spent on our raises maybe another 50 million. Explain why there spending all this money then?

Look how fierce and aggressive they get ! Tell them their own house is on fire and the wanna argue with you about why it's on fire and call you stupid for not knowing and understanding who lit it on fire and why ! All the while doing nothing to put the fire out ! Just stand there while it burns calling everyone else stupid for telling them it's burning !

That pretty union castle with all it's rules and votes and contracts and brotherhood couldn't keep 30K ( his number ) from losing their jobs, or keep the company from cutting the pension to 25% and refusing to fund it until 2018 at the earliest all the while working for 85% pay.

You are so very hellbent on hateing and flinging feces that Yellow's managerial "miscalculations" are hidden from your view.

If Yellow had not tried to monopolize the industry through bad acquisitions, Conway would still be #4 after Yellow, Roadway, and UPS.
Our labor dynamics would be very different and there would be little threat of a union. We would still need the union, but the corporation would not be worried about it - nor would I. We'd all still be oblivious. Now only some of us are.
Think a little harder about helping yourself instead of regressing our labor condition back to 1900.

You are so very hellbent on hateing and flinging feces that Yellow's managerial "miscalculations" are hidden from your view.

If Yellow had not tried to monopolize the industry through bad acquisitions, Conway would still be #4 after Yellow, Roadway, and UPS.
Our labor dynamics would be very different and there would be little threat of a union. We would still need the union, but the corporation would not be worried about it - nor would I. We'd all still be oblivious. Now only some of us are.
Think a little harder about helping yourself instead of regressing our labor condition back to 1900.

I understand that it was a mismanaged company. Our own CEO at the time mismanaged this one. Damn near ran this mess out of existence. And bought a truckload company also. Every company has successes and mistakes.

Dealing with our competition coming on the boards telling lies about how great it is over there is ridiculous. If I wanted to know about it I could go to their board and read about all the sunshine and rainbows. Only that's not what they talk about, is it ?

These guys are here running on trying to convince people because they believe it will benefit them. Not us. I am friends with some union guys. When they talk about Holland or YRC they talk about how great it is that they are so busy and how eventually they will be able to hire people again and that it is all coming around. They are completely invested in that mess. They don't realize how bad it really is. They don't even want to hear about it.

LMAO
Your right! It doesn't change. And neither do you. I have read the above post over and over and over.
You see the union would be a good idea. And then you say the union could never win in an attempt to dissuade participation.
It is a dream brother.
Every accomplishment starts out as a dream.
Your right !!! I haven't changed ... I live in the real world ... You live in a fantasy world .. Building false hopes and dreams of things that will never happen . Do you realize who your messing with .. You haven't a snow balls chance in hell.