XPO | The Union Busting begins at Nof

What I learned, I learned from all those clueless Union peeps.
The corporation showed me I need to listen to them.
You are completely ungrateful ... This company has remained vibrant and in a competitive market at that ...You don't deserve to work for Conway... Do them a favor and quit and go work for your beloved Teamsters.

I see more Teamsters sitting off to the side of the road riding the clock for YRC than any other company ... Yep... Bleeding their company dry with the sense of entitlement they think they have with all that seniority. Conway makes money... They don't bleed money .. And YRC is a long way from being out of the woods. Funny what that sense of entitlement can do to a company.

I understand that it was a mismanaged company. Our own CEO at the time mismanaged this one. Damn near ran this mess out of existence. And bought a truckload company also. Every company has successes and mistakes.

Dealing with our competition coming on the boards telling lies about how great it is over there is ridiculous. If I wanted to know about it I could go to their board and read about all the sunshine and rainbows. Only that's not what they talk about, is it ?

These guys are here running on trying to convince people because they believe it will benefit them. Not us. I am friends with some union guys. When they talk about Holland or YRC they talk about how great it is that they are so busy and how eventually they will be able to hire people again and that it is all coming around. They are completely invested in that mess. They don't realize how bad it really is. They don't even want to hear about it.

I'm doing pretty good over here, Had to make a few adjustments in my living habits. No more new motorcucles every other year, it's every 3 years now. Same with my pickup truck. Yep, your right things are pretty bleak!! Hey Brother could you spare a dime?

Yea keep on believing that, we'll see where that gets you! Enjoy your holiday and hope you and your family have a blessed Christmas!!

And that's a good thing ... Friendships ... But my point was those pickets never achieved the results you guys wanted ... That strike was a total failure.
Was it? Seems we now have a unionized company now where there wasn't one. Rubbing shoulders with the Teamster's then, sure created some strong members now. A prelude to the future?

My former TM (Dave G.) from Yellow went to Overnite and moved right up the ladder. Rightfully so, as he was one of the best I ever worked with. He ended his career with UPS Freight as the Western labor man. I will never forget the time an Overnite driver told me he was in town and I stopped by the Salt Lake barn to say howdy to him. He told me straight up he wished he still had a barn full of Teamster's. Nice to see he got his wish.

I understand that it was a mismanaged company. Our own CEO at the time mismanaged this one. Damn near ran this mess out of existence. And bought a truckload company also. Every company has successes and mistakes.

Dealing with our competition coming on the boards telling lies about how great it is over there is ridiculous. If I wanted to know about it I could go to their board and read about all the sunshine and rainbows. Only that's not what they talk about, is it ?

These guys are here running on trying to convince people because they believe it will benefit them. Not us. I am friends with some union guys. When they talk about Holland or YRC they talk about how great it is that they are so busy and how eventually they will be able to hire people again and that it is all coming around. They are completely invested in that mess. They don't realize how bad it really is. They don't even want to hear about it.
Damn dude, you can hand someone a hundred dollar bill and they would complain in was wrinkled.

I see more Teamsters sitting off to the side of the road riding the clock for YRC than any other company ... Yep... Bleeding their company dry with the sense of entitlement they think they have with all that seniority. Conway makes money... They don't bleed money .. And YRC is a long way from being out of the woods. Funny what that sense of entitlement can do to a company.
Just curious, why do you **** away your time stalking YRC drivers? That is company time is it? Why didn't you inquire? Is
he broke down? Taking lunch? Waiting for reassignment?

Was it? Seems we now have a unionized company now where there wasn't one. Rubbing shoulders with the Teamster's then, sure created some strong members now. A prelude to the future?

My former TM (Dave G.) from Yellow went to Overnite and moved right up the ladder. Rightfully so, as he was one of the best I ever worked with. He ended his career with UPS Freight as the Western labor man. I will never forget the time an Overnite driver told me he was in town and I stopped by the Salt Lake barn to say howdy to him. He told me straight up he wished he still had a barn full of Teamster's. Nice to see he got his wish.
If it wasn't for UPS ......Overnite would have never went union ... That is the only reason .... Period.

If it wasn't for UPS ......Overnite would have never went union ... That is the only reason .... Period.
Ever ponder things in that union hating head of yours? Everything happened for a reason. Abandoned organizing drives.......The purchase of a company.......A whole grundle of new Teamster's. Dave G. knew what he had in us at Old Yellar.

Just curious, why do you **** away your time stalking YRC drivers? That is company time is it? Why didn't you inquire?
Is he broke down? Taking lunch? Waiting for reassignment?
I know most all the old timers in my route area for YRC and they brag about how they will get what is coming to them one way or the other ... I just sit back and listen and think to myself ... They truly have a sense of resentment toward YRC and the Teamsters for messing with their pension .... They feel justified and have no problem telling so.

I know most all the old timers in my route area for YRC and they brag about how they will get what is coming to them one way or the other ... I just sit back and listen and think to myself ... They truly have a sense of resentment toward YRC and the Teamsters for messing with their pension .... They feel justified and have no problem telling so.

Ever wonder if that resentment comes from a company that did nothing but **** away everything we gave them to succeed?

222 all you really have to do is read the forums of the union LTL companies like I have over the last 10 years .... You can get a pretty good picture ... They give it away on how most feel.

222 all you really have to do is read the forums of the union LTL companies like I have over the last 10 years .... You can get a pretty good picture ... They give it away on how most feel.

Try reading the posts from ANY LTL and you get a pretty good picture.

Ever wonder if that resentment comes from a company that did nothing but **** away everything we gave them to succeed?
So that justifies them riding the clock in a broken system .... Part of the reason they failed was because the union protects the gold bricks ... It wasn't just Zollars .... It was the way the whole system is set up .... A broken business model with restrictive work rules by a labor union was their undoing.

So that justifies them riding the clock in a broken system .... Part of the reason they failed was because the union protects the gold bricks ... It wasn't just Zollars .... It was the way the whole system is set up .... A broken business model restricted by a labor union was their undoing.
No one said anything about justification. We are talking about cause and effect. The "system" is there to curb unjust terminations. You want to blame the union for management that can't get the job done?