FedEx Freight | The Union Debate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right from the link CT posted is an explanation of the staid of their fund, it says right there they are required to keep it above 80% which the have done. This can and is done because they're responsible for it and can move the funds around to cover it. A MEPF cannot do this. You can spin this anyway you want but it's apples and oranges.
n3j8xnk.jpg

Right from the link CT posted is an explanation of the staid of their fund, it says right there they are required to keep it above 80% which the have done. This can and is done because they're responsible for it and can move the funds around to cover it. A MEPF cannot do this. You can spin this anyway you want but it's apples and oranges.
n3j8xnk.jpg
Still underfunded. Doesn't change a thing

n3j8xnk.jpg
Ours is underfunded by 18 billion for 400,000 members. Theirs is 5 billion for way less people. I'd say theirs is worse.

Still underfunded. Doesn't change a thing
You're just arguing to argue. The point is Fedex is responsible for the future payout of those Benifits and can and is would pay those from other places A MEPF can't do that. They could liquidate the whole thing which would make it 100% underfunded and could still make the payments. Can a traditional pension fund do that?

Ours is underfunded by 18 billion for 400,000 members. Theirs is 5 billion for way less people. I'd say theirs is worse.

And our pension has a about 17 billion I assets for 400,000 members Fedex's has 29 billion for "way less people" which is better off?

Underfunded is just that, there is no way to spin whats in black and white. The pension is a joke to begin with it's a shame they can't even fund it.

Underfunded is just that, there is no way to spin whats in black and white. The pension is a joke to begin with it's a shame they can't even fund it.

Until they use other money to cover the shortfall a MEPF doesn't have that option so that's the difference in the two, it's not that complicated.

No but they'll use that 29 billion to cover their obligations and add to it if they have to. Can Central states make they claim?
Never said they could. Quit putting words in my mouth. Underfunded is underfunded. End of story. This is why I blocked you and is exactly why i'm blocking you again.

Never said they could. Quit putting words in my mouth. Underfunded is underfunded. End of story. This is why I blocked you and is exactly why i'm blocking you again.

Then block me I don't care but underfunded in one plan is not the same as underfunded in another plan and it's simple to see why you just want to argue the point when you've been proven wrong.

Then block me I don't care but underfunded in one plan is not the same as underfunded in another plan and it's simple to see why you just want to argue the point when you've been proven wrong.
Not wrong. Still underfunded. It's in writing strait from FedEx. Guess you can't read. Where is that wrong? Thats rite, it's not wrong!

Not wrong. Still underfunded. It's in writing strait from FedEx. Guess you can't read. Where is that wrong? Thats rite, it's not wrong!

I never said it wasn't underfunded you stop putting words in my mouth. I said it being underfunded is totally different than a MEPF being underfunded. In Fedex's case the are obligated to make those payments and and they can and have made contributions to the fund to do so. A MEPF cannot do that what is so hard to understand here?

Lol kind of hard to spin what's in black and white from the company, but give the clown club credit they always try. :clapping:

I'm not spinning anything you posted the link that explains in black and white that they are responsible for the fund it could be underfunded 100% and still make its payments can a MEPF? No it can't because it doesn't have another source of revenue you are dead wrong and to arrogant to admit it.

Yep no way to explain it. Its underfunded and there is a clause that says they can take it back at any time if they claim its underfunded, so it is probably the reason they keep it like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.