FedEx Freight | The Union Debate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand you're in denial. It would be hard to think you stood up and failed for a failure of an organization. It would be a bitter pill to swallow knowing you embarrassed yourself for a nothing of an organization.

What are you even talking about? We lost our election big deal atleast i am smart enough to keep my job here. The only person that is bitter is you, how many times you been banned but yet you find your way back to cry like a school girl.

What are you even talking about? We lost our election big deal atleast i am smart enough to keep my job here. The only person that is bitter is you, how many times you been banned but yet you find your way back to cry like a school girl.

I don't know who you have me mixed up with.

With proper labor education and representation this outcome could have been much different.

The Teamsters need to get their own affairs in order first. With proper leadership from the Teamsters the outcome could have been different. I'm speaking from the local level straight to the International level. I know of one particular Local that is the very essence of the problem within your organization.

The thing is, that Local's behavior is a very common problem amongst your Locals and the Leadership, (term used very loosely) at the top of the International.

In other words that is your organization now. It isn't what it once was, fighting for the betterment of indivduals. I've personally seen it for what it is. It's no wonder FedEx drivers feel they fare better without representation from the Teamsters.

The Teamsters need to get their own affairs in order first. With proper leadership from the Teamsters the outcome could have been different. I'm speaking from the local level straight to the International level. I know of one particular Local that is the very essence of the problem within your organization.

The thing is, that Local's behavior is a very common problem amongst your Locals and the Leadership, (term used very loosely) at the top of the International.

In other words that is your organization now. It isn't what it once was, fighting for the betterment of indivduals. I've personally seen it for what it is. It's no wonder FedEx drivers feel they fare better without representation from the Teamsters.

Were definitely better off without a lying city driver that tried to drop off damaged freight and forge someones signature.

What's the matter Josie, nobody will play with you at all, that's why you troll almost every board??
One of the perks of a pension I don't have to take a job because my 401k crashed. Why is it when Dickie was pushing the
union you couldn't wait to hit the report button, now that Dickie is fired for cause you're a forgive and forget kind of guy? Kind of two faced huh.

He can't afford to go out. His pension has been cut to the point he's barely getting by. It's sad really......
Again Dickie tell me what fund I'm in that's failing, How's the retirement plan over at SEFL? The sad part is you're so busy trying to be important you've turned into a huge PIA, as evidenced by the people who befriended you, Have a nice 30 years at the sweatshop.

So how is it that the numbers i posted from our financial statement are so different from the numbers you supposedly got in a statement ? I am seeing smoke and mirrors.
What Red did not tell you was he is quoting freight specific numbers from the recent statement vs the annual report numbers which reflect fedex corp pension plans on an all inclusive basis.

You'll also note, he quoted the most favorable, optimistic, and adjusted figures possible. Adjusted figures based on 25 year average returns vs 2 year average.

Last edited:
What Red did not tell you was he is quoting freight specific numbers from the recent statement vs the annual report numbers which reflect fedex corp pension plans on an all inclusive basis.

You'll also note, he quoted the most favorable, optimistic, and adjusted figures possible. Adjusted figures based on 25 year average returns vs 2 year average.

I pointed out that the numbers CT was posting were probably (a guess on my part) all of Fedex's plans together. I would think the Freight specific one should be the one you're concerned with. As far as the 25 year vs 2 year the way I read it they figure a 6.5% annual return (I don't have the booklet in front of me) last year it was like 1.5% or something but the year before it was upwards up 13% if memory serves. My point is it it pretty much fully funded and NO where near 5 billion in the hole and interestingly the point out that they will and have voluntarily put money into the fund to keep it funded. Plus there's pretty clear language about how it can be canceled despite what has been said here. You have to admit even not using the most "favorable optimistic" numbers it's in pretty good shape. And before I get jumped on know they could and should do better but when we're comparing the health of the fund to other funds I bet the would love to trade places.

Last edited:

What Swamp doesn't tell the class, while he continues his attempt to mislead the masses with the -5 billion pension number from the company's financial statement, is that that number is a consolidation of pension plan numbers, including all of the international pension plans, unfunded, non-qualified, etc. For anyone to use that number in an attempt to suggest that our plan is 5 billion underfunded is not only incorrect, but is also a flat out lie.

Our pension plan, FXFE, is a separate plan, not separately disclosed in that number but disclosed in the Annual Funding Notice that most of us has already received. Now Swamp accuses me of using "the most favorable, optimistic, and adjusted figures possible", but what he doesn't tell the class is that as of 2012, Federal Laws changed how pension plans calculate their liabilities. Prior to 2012, pension plans used a two year average of interest rates which is conducive to Swamp since it supports his claim of our pension fund being underfunded but as most of the class realizes, this is 2016 and not only does the law require pension plans to take into account a 25 year average of interest rates under the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act and the Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2014, but under this requirement our pension plan is in fact funded at 108.19% according to the law, and it's also WHY I chose to use this number!!

I would also like to point out before someone attempts to start another rumor is that while our pension plan is currently over funded, it is against the law for the assets of a qualified pension plan to be used to pay benefits for any other plan for any other purpose.

I'll ask again, why does the IBT and its supporters continue to mislead, misrepresent, and in some cases flat out lie in an attempt to gain support??? Is it because the facts just don't backup their claims??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.