FedEx Freight | The Union Debate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the policies...in most cases infractions stay on your record for three years, hence the saying, "I've got to keep my nose clean for the next three years." Compounding infractions accrued during that three year period can constitute the difference in disciplines and in some cases lead to termination, it's not rocket science!!

I have read the policies and know them qwite well. That's the problem the discipline is not the same for everyone for said infractions. Like pops said when you work at a smaller terminal there are no secrets.

5 days a week as in Mon-Fri??
I ran the same for the first 6 months of the year, been cutting back for the last 6...to many extracurricular activities to work 10-11 hour days all year.
Talk about being spoiled!!
You guys work to hard. Give 2500-2800 adds up to a 8-9 shift and I wanna take hour plus naps.

Read the policies...in most cases infractions stay on your record for three years, hence the saying, "I've got to keep my nose clean for the next three years." Compounding infractions accrued during that three year period can constitute the difference in disciplines and in some cases lead to termination, it's not rocket science!!
One thing about our grievance procedure. It's decided on a case by case situation. Doesn't go by you've been late, unexcused absence, and don't put trailer up to dock weigh all together. No hot seat here.

One thing about our grievance procedure. It's decided on a case by case situation. Doesn't go by you've been late, unexcused absence, and don't put trailer up to dock weigh all together. No hot seat here.
There's no "hot seat" here either.
All our local management does is collect the data for a case by case basis and turns it over to an oversight committee made up of management and drivers for review, it's that committee that determines the outcome of preventable or non-preventable and applies the proper discipline per our policies (Local management does NOT have the power or authority to make that decision). That info is then relayed back to our local management for enforcement. Pretty simple.

As for tardiness, unexcused absenses, etc, those are pretty cut and dry and everyone knows what to expect. I mean, we can have like 5 or 6 unexcused absenses in a rolling six month period before real discipline is taken...gimmie a break!!

I hear the union officials were "surprised" to see just how our policies work once they received a copy during negotiations, seems even they realized that our policies aren't that far off from yours.

Your a crybaby plain and simple let it go.

How pathetic your life must be that you spend your Saturday morning on Truckingboards attempting to insult me. I'm flattered I mean that much to you.

That said, I would define a "crybaby" as one whom complains nonstop about his job on an internet forum, yet does nothing about his situation. That's a crybaby bitch in my book.

Just so we're clear I'm referring to you. No offense, but I know you're on the slow side.

There's no "hot seat" here either.
All our local management does is collect the data for a case by case basis and turns it over to an oversight committee made up of management and drivers for review, it's that committee that determines the outcome of preventable or non-preventable and applies the proper discipline per our policies (Local management does NOT have the power or authority to make that decision). That info is then relayed back to our local management for enforcement. Pretty simple.

As for tardiness, unexcused absenses, etc, those are pretty cut and dry and everyone knows what to expect. I mean, we can have like 5 or 6 unexcused absenses in a rolling six month period before real discipline is taken...gimmie a break!!

I hear the union officials were "surprised" to see just how our policies work once they received a copy during negotiations, seems even they realized that our policies aren't that far off from yours.
Are you sure I hear different from one of SC terminals. Maybe just here say I don't work there I can only speak on behalf of my union.

You guys work to hard. Give 2500-2800 adds up to a 8-9 shift and I wanna take hour plus naps.

QKI6aq9.jpg

Your stock price reflects your hour naps I see.

Are you sure I hear different from one of SC terminals. Maybe just here say I don't work there I can only speak on behalf of my union.
I'm positive...as stated before, I was a little rebellious in my younger days and I tested the system, that's how it works. Our appeals process is no different than your grievance process...except we don't have anyone making backroom deals for us!! :poke:

QKI6aq9.jpg

Your stock price reflects your hour naps I see.
Are you sure Holland freight still makes service out on city truck early. Guess you better start knocking on every FedEx road driver on exit ramp sleep. Might hurt yours as well. Love the good long conversations with you guys at pilot in Knoxville up the street from yard.

Last edited:
I'm positive...as stated before, I was a little rebellious in my younger days and I tested the system, that's how it works. Our appeals process is no different than your grievance process...except we don't have anyone making backroom deals for us!! :poke:
If your seniority is violated and causes a loss of income. Does that appeals process allow you to be compensated?

Love the good long conversations with you guys at pilot in Knoxville up the street from yard.
Ive only stopped there a couple of times, not a fan...nowhere to park.
There is a little "hole in the wall" station at the stop light right outside the KNX yard...great food and plenty of parking!!

Yes it does if you file on the run you were passed over on.
I was even paid for being overlooked on a Sat that was mandatory we be available (weather related)!! I explained that had they called I wouldn't have taken the run anyway but I was told to file because I was overlooked. I submitted the paperwork and got paid to sit at home for a run I would've turned down!!

Status
Not open for further replies.